Options

Replies

• vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Haha, thanks!
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good grief! People can be so petty. I think you handled a challenging situation really well. You have so much to be proud of. I'm pretty sure that folks only feel the need to put others down when they are insecure and need to try to lift themselves up.
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    They don't know fabulous when they see it! You are beautiful and have more self worth than they will ever have!:flowerforyou:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sorry that happened to you OP. that sucks :flowerforyou:

but you are way nicer than me. i would have confronted the hell out of those b*tches.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My problem with this scenario isn't so much what they said, it's how they said it. That's some seriously passive aggressive horse****, and it's quite pathetic.

I don't mind the comment itself, because ****ty comments are what got me to turn myself around. Granted, that doesn't work for everyone. However, if someone has something to say, say it directly to me instead of being a coward. Chances are good that they aren't going to get hit, if for no other reason than I can respect the fact that they speak their mind, and don't try to be humorous in a snickering and snotty way behind someone's back. Besides, that gives me an opportunity to school them a bit on just how pathetic they may be. People who do **** like that generally have inferiority complexes, and it's fun to make them uncomfortable in their own skin as a retort.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Fat can be lost - mean lasts forever! People can be real a$$es and not just about weight. I have a daughter who was tall for her age as a toddler. At a 1.5 years most people thought she was 4-5. If someone tried to engage her in a conversation while waiting in line at the store they were disspointed with her lack of conversation skills. They would then turn to me and ask if she was "retarded or something" When I said no she's a year and a half old and doesn't talk much to strangers they would argue with me and say why don't you just admit it instead of lie about it. Since I had friends who had developmentally delayed children it made me question what happens to them in the store. They said they get snarky comments from people all the time. Until it happend to me I had know idea people could be so rude.

As far as weight goes my mother-in-law used to think I was anorexic when I was younger so she would criticise me. Later she thought I had become so obese she would tell me I looked like an elephant whenever I wore gray. At no point in my weight gain was I ever "the correct weight" in her eyes. It helped me prepare my own daughters so they would be protected from her insults. During the summer she poked my daughter and told her she had a fat *kitten*. It made my daughter laugh because she was the same weight as the last time we visited and her grandmother told her she needed to gain weight.

I'm proud of you for not only working towards your goal but for not sinking to such a low level to insult her back. Hold your head up high and be proud of yourself. You are in complete control of your emotions. No one can hurt your feelings, make you angry, or embarrass you without your permission. Don't grant them the permission, accept that they are idiots, and keep smiling. :D
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hmm I woula sat on her with "my fat *kitten*"

Don't let then get you down.
  • Booobarella
    Options
    F U always works : )

YUP!!!
    And kudos to you for keeping your calm when you heard them. I would have made a comment right back because I have no filter for my mouth when people are being mean for no reason.
    Take me shopping with you next time hahahahahaha

I had a very young girl ask me why my belly was so big today. I told her it was because I had eaten too much unhealthy food but I was eating healthy now to fix it. I love how kids can still call it how they see it :D
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Women are arseholes sometimes. They probably are very pathetic ladies who deep down feel like crap about their own existences that they have to tear others down to feel better for a few seconds. Don't let them get to you. You're better than they are and they know it.

BTW, love your hat. I have the same one and love wearing it when my head is cold.
  • amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    People are really mean, and in general suck. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. try and remember that it's a reflection of THEM not YOU.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I am so glad I posted this, because you guys make me feel a lot more EMPOWERED than I had before!

<3 you all!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There will always be people out there who will make fun of you. They make themselves feel better by making others feel worse. I feel kind of bad for them, though they SHOULD know better, oftentimes they don't. I understand the feeling though, it hurts, and makes you want to snap back. But ultimately as long as you're happy with yourself it doesn't matter what they have to say about it. And I think you look great :happy:
  • patsnyder89
    Options
    F U always works : )

agree
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    *hugs* don't listen to them, they are going based on what they see, and from what I can tell, aren't a very good judge of character. You look great and don' t let insecure people like that bring you down.

Keep doing what you are doing and remember that karma is a *****............

You have lost 140 lbs! you should be INCREDIBLY proud of that, you are well on your way to your goal weight. don't feel discouraged.
  • TaniaW74
    Options
    You're doing wonderfully don't let them get you down. :flowerforyou:
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    >:( this makes me a little mad... Girls can be sooo mean :(. You are a pretty girl! and really what they say means nothing cause your are working you butt off to be a better you! and btw.. having a fat *kitten* is not a bad thing :) big butt girls are HAWT ^^.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You should've said "I've lost 140 lbs. What have you done with your own life aside from be a catty b***h?"

Since I've joined MFP I've tried being less judgmental because you just never know what someone's story is, how far they have come.

You're doing such a great job. Keep it up!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    seriously, if you let every *kitten* you meet get you down you'll do nothing but spend your life wading through *kitten*. We each have our own baggage, you own yours and they can own theirs. Comments like that are other peoples insecurities talking, next time just say "honey, you need to take a good look in the mirror because self doubt isn't pretty on anyone."
    There will always be people out there who will make fun of you. They make themselves feel better by making others feel worse. I feel kind of bad for them, though they SHOULD know better, oftentimes they don't. I understand the feeling though, it hurts, and makes you want to snap back. But ultimately as long as you're happy with yourself it doesn't matter what they have to say about it. And I think you look great :happy:

There's this too. It's going to sometimes come from expected sources, and sometimes the person saying those things will make you want to pick your jaw up of the ground as you think "wtfuq" for one reason or another. And then when you reach your goal you'll get criticized for having the figure you want because it's not the figure someone else prefers. You see it all the time on here with posts about women's bodies and what x or y person finds attractive . . . they always end up as p!ssing contests because people can't just have the decency to show a little respect for each other and celebrate our individualities.

So . . . find a come back for your arsenal that won't make someone roll their eyes, but instead help them think about their words and don't get caught off guard again.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Stupid is as stupid does. Those girls don't know any better. We'll see who's laughing when they've gained 150 lbs. Karma.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    You know what? You're already fitter than you were yesterday (and you'll be even fitter tomorrow), but tomorrow they'll STILL be *kitten*. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: So there.