Do You Ride a Motorcycle?

Options

Replies

• MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The bike I've been wanting for a long time is a Hyosung Avitar 650. Not expensive but I love the way it looks.
  • mistral077
    Options
    See profile photo! Mine is a Kawasaki GPZ500. I'm in the UK - I think it was called the Kawasaki Ninja 500R in the US. I passed my full motorbike test just last month and this is my first "big bike". Couldn't wait to upgrade from my 125 :)
    p.s. happy to see so many other female riders!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I love my Harley! 2010 Street Bob, she's all kinds of purty!
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    I ride a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1600. I ride because it is very relaxing and free
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i used to ride a suzuki vanvan 125cc but had to get rid of it due to losing my job. i LOVED that bike, i would get another one in a heartbeat (if i could afford it)
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    Ohhhh yes :) My pink 2005 Ninja (my first bike and my favorite) and 1995 Harley Sportster

ninjaharley1_zps28998cd6.jpg

ninja1_zpsee6e5baa.jpg

(edited because pictures were too big and cut off)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    try a bike without a motor. burns a lot more calories . . .
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I ride both and find this comment to be pointless and unnecessary.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Ohhhh yes :) My pink 2005 Ninja (my first bike and my favorite) and 1995 Harley Sportster

Too cute! I want to paint my Virago white with pink flames, but my husband thinks it'll hurt the resale value :laugh:
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options

Too cute! I want to paint my Virago white with pink flames, but my husband thinks it'll hurt the resale value :laugh:

Thank you! :) And you should go for it!!! I had to fight for my pink bike (it was painted before I bought it). People would be surprised how much rare colors can sell for - there are people who want that paint job specifically but don't want to pay for the paint job themselves, ya know?

And for the record, when I read your response to the "pointless and unnecessary" comment, I wanted to applaud you. Thank you for saying what I was thinking! :D LOL
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I drive a cute little white moped/scooter :flowerforyou: with a pink sparkly glitter helmet!!

And drive a lambo gallardo for when I wanna hang with the boys! LOL :drinker:
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    People should post their gear, too! :D
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    People should post their gear, too! :D

That sounds naughty! We might get banned for that.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!!
    HARLEY, of course!!

Learned when I was 13 and 40 years later, still riding!!

Best destresser in the world.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I ride a Honda CR 230L for my street bike, and for my off-road bikes, I have a Honda CRF 250 and a Suzuki RM 125. My husband rides a Honda 650 for his street bike.

We like them all.
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Glad to see there are some people on here who a bike enthusiasts!

The bike I keep going to is the Ducati Monster 696, even though I know it wouldn't be the best bike for me to start on. Expensive, doesn't have great clearance (for leaning on the track), but it's so damn exotic! A real rare beast in this neck of the woods! Oh, and the sound! *drool*

My biggest problem with something like the SV650 is that EVERYONE has one! I love to be different, stand out from the crowd.

As for anyone saying that it would be a waste to buy an expensive bike, just to drop it (I know I will) and have it written off... That's what insurance is for. :P

I ride a 2000 R1 but have ridden a few others to include a VTX 1300 and 1800's. I think you should buy a nice bike. However, I do believe in buying used, especially for a very first bike. :) Also, before you spend money on upgrades spend it on safety equipment and training. Just my .02.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

so . . . . what?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options

so . . . . what?
    [/quote

So... go eat a cheeseburger and mind your own business.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

so . . . . what?

So... go eat a cheeseburger and mind your own business.

I can confirm, i was cheeseburger.
  • marcounique
    marcounique Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2009 Road King Classic. Tuquoise and Antique White. I call it the Elvis bike.