Wish there was a separate message board area...

Options

Replies

• aadutton
    Options
    So what you really want is a way to filter the 'recent posts' on your home page. Sounds like a good suggestion. If I remember, there is a separate forum for feedback and suggestions ;)

You are right, I should have gone to feedback/suggestions. I'm obviously not terribly skilled in appropriate message board behavior. Off topic/silly/etc. is one thing, I just honest to God don't understand why a bunch of adults need to rate, guess the age of, or label the person above them "f@ckable" or not. And I thought *I* had low self esteem.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I personally think that it's not a bad feature suggestion to have a filter to include/exclude certain boards (and posts in groups even) to the "Recent Posts" search. However, that suggestion should probably go in the feature requests board and not the Chit-Chat board....

*edit - dang someone beat me to it while I was typing.. :(
  • calichica35
    calichica35 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @OP All Joking Aside.......completely off the subject and non-fitness related but your babies are soooooo stinkin' cute!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

And yes you really should take these sort of complaints to the moderator...no hard feelings :wink:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    So what you really want is a way to filter the 'recent posts' on your home page. Sounds like a good suggestion. If I remember, there is a separate forum for feedback and suggestions ;)

You are right, I should have gone to feedback/suggestions. I'm obviously not terribly skilled in appropriate message board behavior. Off topic/silly/etc. is one thing, I just honest to God don't understand why a bunch of adults need to rate, guess the age of, or label the person above them "f@ckable" or not. And I thought *I* had low self esteem.

Which is the real reason you posted. Not to offer hints about how the website should be laid out. You did it to trash talk people for what they post.

When you started to look bad you pretended to be above it all.

You've posted the same nonsense yourself. You just wanted to feel better about yourself by looking down on others.

Sorry it backfired on you. Lesson learned.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Now THAT. I agree with.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I just honest to God don't understand why a bunch of adults need to rate, guess the age of, or label the person above them "f@ckable" or not. And I thought *I* had low self esteem.

You're a gem!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I personally think that it's not a bad feature suggestion to have a filter to include/exclude certain boards (and posts in groups even) to the "Recent Posts" search.

Agreed. Chit chat is where I come to kill time, and I'm not so interested in seeing what is new there as I am on boards where I could actually learn something.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    It's been suggested before that the Chit Chat, Fun, and Games threads not show up in Recent Posts, so the OP is obviously not the only one who would like an option to not include the chit chat threads. In a hurry, it would be nice to filter out the chit chat threads in the Recent Posts section.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @OP All Joking Aside.......completely off the subject and non-fitness related but your babies are soooooo stinkin' cute!!!!

I agree!!!! Adorable!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I personally think that it's not a bad feature suggestion to have a filter to include/exclude certain boards (and posts in groups even) to the "Recent Posts" search. However, that suggestion should probably go in the feature requests board and not the Chit-Chat board....

*edit - dang someone beat me to it while I was typing.. :(

It has been suggested there before.
  • aadutton
    Options

Which is the real reason you posted. Not to offer hints about how the website should be laid out. You did it to trash talk people for what they post.

You've posted the same nonsense yourself. You just wanted to feel better about yourself by looking down on others.

Oh gosh, you've really schooled me on this one. So grateful you're here to diagnose me. Saves me a trip to the shrink this week.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Exactly the point I was attempting to get at.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I confess...

:blushing:
    I check out the recent posts page too...

but often find that there's so much fitness related crap that I barely see any chit chat fun and games...
    so then I have to click on the actual "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" section in order to see the good stuff...

True Story.

:blushing:
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    23333787.jpg
    :laugh:
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Anyone else curious why OP is bashing a section of the website that she seems to frequently post in?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Oh gosh, you've really schooled me on this one. So grateful you're here to diagnose me. Saves me a trip to the shrink this week.

And you call us children? :huh:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Ok...I see this is very, very, very serious to many of you. Calm down...and carry on...and so will I.
    What, exactly, do you intend to carry on with? Posting your complaints about off topic and non fitness related posts on the chit chat board on the off topic and non fitness related post you created on the chit chat board? Because if that's the case, you've succeeded. However, if your intention was to declare this topic over and yourself no longer a part of it and storm off in a huff, by continuing to post on it, you've failed miserably.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Of course you should eat your exercise calories!!!

Wait, what were we talking about?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You could maybe stop clicking on the Recent Posts tab and click on areas of the site that you're interested in instead.

Since Chit Chat comes up most often in Recent searches it's clearly very popular.

You don't think it's asking a lot that entire subforums be created just because you like to click on Recent posts but don't like what people are recently posting?

What will they do when that subforum pops up in your recent feed?

Tell you what how about you just tell everyone what they should and should not post? It seems to be what you're really interested in anyway. You didn't post this under Technical Suggestions or Website Feedback, you posted IN Chit Chat, Fun and Games. The very subforum you're complaining about to begin with.

OR you could stop this nonsense and go run/lift.

^ This.

And I'm pretty sure that wasn't a pedophilia reference. In reality, it was more of a reference to you likely feeling 'unf@ckable' since you do not use a profile pic of yourself and are ranting about what others do.

Coincidentally, the babies are cute!

But, OP, you seriously need to lighten up. Like someone else said, good luck trying to get others to conform to your specific ideals.

Actually, this is a site for support, and some people have emotional and mental health issues that cause them to over-eat. This is where the "chit-chat, fun, and games" forum ties into a 'fitness' site. Also, some people are bored so they create inane threads so that they can interact with other bored people. Not sure why it matters so much to you. Most of us just ignore the threads we have no interest in and move on to the rest. If you want threads on specific topics, click on those specific topics and stop clicking on Recent Topics.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    OMG! Everyone is SO OFF topic!

Okay, so what were we talking about again? Boobs?

It's not Friday yet! Be patient! :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.