Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I did Day 3 Level 1 today. I use 5lb weights for everything except the front lateral raises. I used 2 - 32 oz powerade bottles for this exercise becuase I didn't have any lighter weights and it was still hard! I log my exerciese as circuit training.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's experience with 30DS and I cant wait to see our results!

I think my arms would die if I did 5 lb weights right now. My arms are sore just doing the 3lb!!! But I plan to up it to 5 lbs and do 30ds again for a 2nd month with the 5lb weights. :) Way to go!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7s96ormOW1qke924o1_500.png
    tumblr_m3sartSzDW1qke924o1_500.png
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Great; best wishes. Tried this but injured knee showed me it isn't healed yet. Back to low-impact for now; hope I can shred in the future.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, it's not actually intended to be done thirty consecutive days... it's OK and actually suggested that you take rest days in there. It will help you avoid injury also. OP mentions having injured herself three times in the past after trying to do it consecutively.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7s96ormOW1qke924o1_500.png
    tumblr_m3sartSzDW1qke924o1_500.png

That's awesome!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, it's not actually intended to be done thirty consecutive days... it's OK and actually suggested that you take rest days in there. It will help you avoid injury also. OP mentions having injured herself three times in the past after trying to do it consecutively.

^^^ This bears repeating!!

I almost posted that yesterday, but I wasn't sure if I was reading too much into the OP's post. There are WAY too many people trying to do this every day. They not only are risking injury but potentially missing out on some of the benefits of the exercise.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options

^^^ This bears repeating!!

I almost posted that yesterday, but I wasn't sure if I was reading too much into the OP's post. There are WAY too many people trying to do this every day. They not only are risking injury but potentially missing out on some of the benefits of the exercise.

^^^ THIS!!!!!! BOTH OF THEM

I tried doing the shred every day and my body staged a revolution...it wasn't pretty. Stretch before you start (the stretching in the video isn't adequate IMO) and take rest days. Some people can power through but I think the program is much more beneficial if you rest (you would rest if you were doing heavy weight lifting or doing intense cardio, wouldn't you?). My two cents. Good luck all. I'll be here shredding with you!
  • dnt3v
    dnt3v Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm starting ripped in 30 today. Not so sure of how much different that is from 30 day shred, but I'm psyched. My goal is to lose between 5-10 lbs in the next month. Count me in!
  • OspreyVista
    Options

No where in my post did I say I tried it consecutively.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP in hope to find a group of people who just started 30ds - and I found it! Woohoo!

I just completed day one. Haven't been working out for a year or so. I thought I might die after the first 5 minutes but after that it actually got better. So there is a chance for me, I guess :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I just joined MFP in hope to find a group of people who just started 30ds - and I found it! Woohoo!

I just completed day one. Haven't been working out for a year or so. I thought I might die after the first 5 minutes but after that it actually got better. So there is a chance for me, I guess :)

The one thing I really love about 30DS is that I feel fantastic afterwards. I did day 2 level 1 this morning and I cleaned for 3 hours afterwards!
  • smexyaddie
    Options
    I'm starting next week monday can't wait! To those who have already started. How was it? :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I'm starting next week monday can't wait! To those who have already started. How was it? :)

When you first try it you end up really sore (and I do mean REALLY sore) for the first few days. But it goes away and it gets better :) It's definitely worth it!
  • k8zor
    k8zor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just started this week! I did Day 1 on Monday and planning on Day 2 tonight! I've started it a billion times but have never finished the full 30 days. I refuse to let myself down again.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Just started this week! I did Day 1 on Monday and planning on Day 2 tonight! I've started it a billion times but have never finished the full 30 days. I refuse to let myself down again.

I've tried it a couple different times. The jump rope is really hard on my legs and has hurt theme very single time. This time I'm determined to get through it :) Sounds like we're both at war with it! Lol
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm up to Level 1 day 4 today!

My calves were killing me the last few days and I researched and seen it was maybe because I hadn't been wearing any shoes. I bought some good 'shock absorbing' shoes yesterday and it's made all the difference to my calves today :)
  • jreich90
    jreich90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3 lb weights. And I shake for awhile afterwards, so they are definitely heavy enough for me! Usually when tracking a lot of people use Circuit training.
    [/quote]

Thank you. I will get some 3lbs tommorow!
  • _april
    _april Posts: 10
    Options
    Good luck to everyone attempting 30DS. I have tried it twice now and not been able to finish either time. The dvd causes an extremely sharp pain in one of my knees. I have figured this out through process of elimination and will not be attempting the workouts again.
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You all totally motivated me. It was 10pm and I had only found one of my weights, they were 5lb and I thought I might overdo it with them anyhow, and I was overtired and should be packing for a trip. I took out some things from the pantry, weighed them on the food scale, and ended up using Barilla pasta sauce jars. They were about 2 1/4lbs each. A tad too light for most of the exercises but I DID IT and feel like I got a pretty good workout.

Now I am more motivated to pack and feel good!

Thanks for the motivation, I think if it weren't for all of you checking in about doing Day 2, Day 1, etc. I would have just blown it off until another day.