Should I stop?

Options
Hi guys! I'm Crystel. I'm 18 years old and 5'2.
I burn between 700-1200 calories per day, I don't eat a lot (2 medium meals).
I used to maintain my weight but now, I keep gaining. I am starving but too nauseous to eat.
I keep feeling dizzy and have bad cramps.
What to do? Should I stop jogging?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are eating way too little to maintain the kind of vigorous exercise you are doing. Stop thinking about your weight and think about your health.

If you eat too little and eat the wrong things while pushing your body, it does weird things - like gain weight when it 'shouldn't', make your nauseous and sick, make you dizzy and pass out, or make you emotionally volatile.

Step back. Think about your food intake. You should be eating several thousand calories/day to do that much running - your base needs plus the calories you use to exercise.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You need medical attention.
  • donnas144
    donnas144 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you should eat three meals. min of 1,200 calories. sounds like your not eating enough!
  • crystelnicole
    Options

??
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Your physical symptoms are probably related to the amount of food and exercise you're doing but there could be a medical reason. Might pay to check with your doctor first and rule out anything more sinister then increase your food intake. I'd definitely cut back on the exercise till you're feeling a bit better.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. You need at least 1200 cals a day plus what you're burning with exercise.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think you have an eating disorder and you need professional help. Dont be offended. There is nothing wrong with that. I just think you need more than we can give you over an internet forum.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to eat more. That much exercise without eating enough will only make you weak.... and damage your system.
  • DanaDark
    Options

??

1. Exercise extensively
    2. Eating very little
    3. Become nauseous from trying to eat more

These are bad individually. They are incredibly bad combined.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think you have an eating disorder and you need professional help. Dont be offended. There is nothing wrong with that. I just think you need more than we can give you over an internet forum.
    This!
  • crystelnicole
    Options

I used to never feel like I was starving myself... it's been 2 weeks now that I have that feeling.
    I don't eat a lot but gain weight... I don't understand.
  • crystelnicole
    Options

??

1. Exercise extensively
    2. Eating very little
    3. Become nauseous from trying to eat more

These are bad individually. They are incredibly bad combined.

I feel nauseous before trying to eat.
    Well I don't ''exercise extensively'' .. I'm just always moving.
  • DanaDark
    Options
    I used to never feel like I was starving myself... it's been 2 weeks now that I have that feeling.

People with eating disorders typically do not feel like they are starving themselves, that's a major component of the "disorder" part.

You are probably gaining due to excessive hormonal imbalances due to eating little and exercising a lot. It is causing extreme stress on your body. Stress can also eliminate apatite.
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options

You've written on your profile that you weigh 95 lbs and want to gain weight, 20lbs or so, so what's the problem with gaining weight when you're clearly underweight?
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said... With that amount of calories burned, you need more fuel in your body. I would either cut back on the workout or start eating more. A lot of people say your net calories should be no less than 1,200 calories
  • crystelnicole
    Options

People with eating disorders typically do not feel like they are starving themselves, that's a major component of the "disorder" part.

You are probably gaining due to excessive hormonal imbalances due to eating little and exercising a lot. It is causing extreme stress on your body. Stress can also eliminate apatite.

So... Should I stop burning that much (maybe like only 300 per day) and eating more for a few weeks to see any results?
  • crystelnicole
    Options

You've written on your profile that you weigh 95 lbs and want to gain weight, 20lbs or so, so what's the problem with gaining weight when you're clearly underweight?

I also wrote to gain or maintain. I don't do anything to gain at the moment so why do I gain, then?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    your profile says you are here to gain, so what's the problem?
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    if your body feels it's in starvation mode, it is said that your body will store food and therefore you gain weight. I'm no an expert and I don't know if this is true, but an idea.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

I also wrote to gain or maintain. I don't do anything to gain at the moment so why do I gain, then?
    Probably a doctor will be able to help you figure out whether you should gain or maintain, and how to achieve that.