Should I stop?

Options

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I used to never feel like I was starving myself... it's been 2 weeks now that I have that feeling.
    I don't eat a lot but gain weight... I don't understand.

People with eating disorders typically do not feel like they are starving themselves, that's a major component of the "disorder" part.

You are probably gaining due to excessive hormonal imbalances due to eating little and exercising a lot. It is causing extreme stress on your body. Stress can also eliminate apatite.

So... Should I stop burning that much (maybe like only 300 per day) and eating more for a few weeks to see any results?

Yes. Plus... how tall are you? According to your profile, you probably weigh too little already.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    So... Should I stop burning that much (maybe like only 300 per day) and eating more for a few weeks to see any results?

When trying to maintain, you can eat quite a bit more than when trying to lose. You also do not need to excise as much.

I would say to reduce your exercise and to up your calorie intake to ensure you get at least your minimum nutrition.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Your putting your body in stravation mode. You are burning tons of calories and giving your body very little fuel...food. So what you are eating the body is storing...thus the gain. Once you start feeding your body more...and regularly you will start losing again. You need at least 1200 calories and it needs to be at least 3 meals.
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    I used to never feel like I was starving myself... it's been 2 weeks now that I have that feeling.

People with eating disorders typically do not feel like they are starving themselves, that's a major component of the "disorder" part.

You are probably gaining due to excessive hormonal imbalances due to eating little and exercising a lot. It is causing extreme stress on your body. Stress can also eliminate apatite.

Yes. Plus... how tall are you? According to your profile, you probably weigh too little already.

I am 5'2.
  • crystelnicole
    Options

When trying to maintain, you can eat quite a bit more than when trying to lose. You also do not need to excise as much.

I would say to reduce your exercise and to up your calorie intake to ensure you get at least your minimum nutrition.

Thanks!!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options

I am 5'2.

You should weigh no less than 105... and probably closer to 130. Anywhere between that range. It may take a while, even after changing, to see results... at least now. Your body is not going to trust the food you are feeding yourself for a while, until it starts getting comfortable with what you need to start eating.
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    try and eat as close to 1200 as you can... i try to make my net 1200 everyday. (sometimes im under by sometimes it cant be helped..) add me if you like and we can talk :)
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, you also need a pregnancy test with those symptoms...
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

This crossed my mind too.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

I am 5'2.

You should weigh no less than 105... and probably closer to 130. Anywhere between that range. It may take a while, even after changing, to see results... at least now. Your body is not going to trust the food you are feeding yourself for a while, until it starts getting comfortable with what you need to start eating.

130lbs is too heavy for an 18 yo girl who is 5'2"...just saying. Prolly between 110 and 120 would be about right.

OP, I didn't look at your diary, but I would say you are really eating far too few calories. I would stay active, but you need to eat at least 1800 a day. And I would definatley make it as healthy and clean as you can. I also think it would be a good idea to see your doctor, there could be other things going on...I know I was diagnosed with my hypothyroid condition when I was 20yo...so there could be something else going on with the dizziness and nausea.
  • crystelnicole
    Options

^ that could be totally possible too.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Pregnant maybe? Those sound like pretty typical pregnancy symptoms, especially the nausea with eating.
  • crystelnicole
    Options

I am 5'2.

130lbs is too heavy for an 18 yo girl who is 5'2"...just saying. Prolly between 110 and 120 would be about right.

OP, I didn't look at your diary, but I would say you are really eating far too few calories. I would stay active, but you need to eat at least 1800 a day. And I would definatley make it as healthy and clean as you can. I also think it would be a good idea to see your doctor, there could be other things going on...I know I was diagnosed with my hypothyroid condition when I was 20yo...so there could be something else going on with the dizziness and nausea.

I had a blood test one month ago and I have little hypothyroid condition, but VERY mini little. ahah
    My doctor told me to eat at least 1,500 calories a day and weight around 110lbs
    (I am 94-97lbs)
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    Pregnant maybe? Those sound like pretty typical pregnancy symptoms, especially the nausea with eating.

I usually never throw up and I keep throwing up water (wtf?) these past few days.. :/
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    I also eat VERY CLEAN ahaha :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I don't know a lot about eating disorders, but the behavior and feelings you are describing sound like what a friend with an ED described to me... There are some recovery support groups around MFP where hopefully you can get some good advice for being healthy...but I would also recommend talking with a physician AND a counselor/psychologist.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options

I am 5'2.

I had a blood test one month ago and I have little hypothyroid condition, but VERY mini little. ahah
    (I am 94-97lbs)

Well, without a doubt, you need to listen to your doctor. Only 2 medium meals a day is more than likely NOT giving you that 1500 calories. And, at that weight, you definitely should be gaining.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

I usually never throw up and I keep throwing up water (wtf?) these past few days.. :/

Well, have you been sexually active in the past month and did you use protection during that time?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

(I am 94-97lbs)

Start doing this today.
    Go see a counselor soon.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Listen to the doctor...1500 calories a day. Am I reading this right? You are 94-97 pounds? If so, I would say you have an eating disorder. Eat the 1500 calories a day!! Anything high portein.