Sons of Anarchy S5 (SPOLIERS POSSIBLE)

Options
13»

Replies

• KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    anyone else creeped out about how much Tara is starting to turn into Gema?! I mean I know you have to do what you have to do to protect your famly...

I love how Tara grew some balls, but I can't stand to hear her say "Darlin'". Just annoys the hell out of me for some reason.
    And yeah, I was floored watching last night's episode. To kill a character off is one thing, to show it in such detail puts a whole new emotional spin on it. I'm surprised I didn't wake up my family with the yelling and cussing I was doing. I kept thinking "try to break the glass, go try to break the glass!"

For an audience to have such emotional ties to the characters on SOA shows what a creative genius Kurt Sutter is I think. I can't believe what an emotional response I had to that scene. My eyes got misty when he looked at Jax and said "I got this", and the cussing came as soon as he took the first hit. Then the point came where he was on his knees and that's when it hit the viewer that there was no plot twist coming and that was it for Opie. Still, you held out hope for those few seconds between when he fell to his knees and when that fatal blow came. Watching Jax and Chibs helplessly look on the whole time only added to the intensity. I absolutely hate that Opie is gone, but it was a brilliantly written scene.

I kept hoping that some how it would turn out to be another one of their tricks to get out of a sticky situation, but I don't think that's happening considering they showed the brutality of it. No faking the death on that one.

So, Tig volunteered, Jax tried to do it, and Opie ended up making the sacrifice. Did I miss Chibs stepping forward?

OASN- No one knew Jax and Tara got married. It was probably a bad idea for Jax to say to Pope "I'd like to call my wife..."
  • jessejames3ball
    Options

OASN- No one knew Jax and Tara got married. It was probably a bad idea for Jax to say to Pope "I'd like to call my wife..."

Much like Pope said to Jax about how much they got for muling, "You think I won't find out?" Jax & Tara being together was no secret. The marriage thing was new and kind of sure, but that wouldn't stop what was coming if it was going to come anyway.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    So which was more intense:

1) Opie
    2) Tig's daughter
    Being a Father with a daughter by far that fire sene got to me more. I'm also a Tig fan and I knew Opie was going to do what he did.
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    Heartbreaking. Such a good episode but.... man. Ope! </3

Unfortunately in the 2 hours between the episode airing and me watching it, some idiot posted a blatant spoiler on Facebook. Ugh. So unnecessary. So I knew it was coming, but it was still intense. I unfriended that ***** though haha. Harsh? NO! No one ruins my SOA!

I totally got a FB spoiler about it too! Not at all cool! Now I can't imagine what a shock it must have been to others.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I cried like a baby when Opie was killed. I cannot believe he was killed off he and Jax are my two favorites. I was hoping it was gonna be Opie who was going to be the one to kill Clay. I love Gemma, she is such a bad *kitten*, she is so protective of her boys but yet she'll kick your *kitten* if you try to mess with them I don't like Tara I never have. I just wonder if Jax will end up getting back with his ex.

I hope Tigg gets his revenge on Pope, I cried when they killed his daughter. I just don't this show to end. It's one of my favorites!! I love SOA
  • sixxbaby
    Options
    Just joined this thread and you all said exactly what I have been thinking all week; just wanted to be around other SOA fans!! anyone need more friends?? feel free to add me!!
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Sutter sure has mastered the gravity of the moment. Very well done closing minutes last night.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sutter sure has mastered the gravity of the moment. Very well done closing minutes last night.

Agreed. This season has been amazing. He's gone back to the gritty writing we saw in S1 & S2.
  • Gongfu_Life
    Options
    I didn't like when Jax told the prison guard what he planned to do. Rookie mistake...never let your enemies know your plans, it gives them a chance to ruin your plans.
    Still, I'm sure it will be a great episode when it happens.
    And I look forward to seeing how/when they take out Polk

I agree, with a comment: Jax put the fear in him....you could see it! And the evil bastid can't tell anyone (legally) and will be in fear till the day comes!
  • Gongfu_Life
    Options
    What does Jax have in store for Tig? He sure sounded like a man with a plan when he told him he was getting out with them.

It sounded like Tig gave his Samurai-Style to-the-death-loyalty to Jax.

Now Jax has his very own assassin, just like Clay did.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    So...what do we think will happen tonight???
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    lol @ Tig. What an episode for him. Walton Goggins too. WTF?
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just watched last night's episode. Pretty solid. What did you guys think?

Glad they finally acknowledged that Clay's behind the break-ins. It's been clear that it was the ex-nomads for weeks now, and implied that Clay was probably behind it, but good to know for sure. Not really sure yet what benefit faking sick gives him but I guess we'll see.

Kind of a bummer that Tara and Jax continue to lie to each other (Tara about what happened with Otto, Jax about... well, everything that day, I guess). Maybe their time away will take care of some of the disconnect they seem to be having.

Also liked Joel McHale turning up out of nowhere, haha.