Mcdonalds...

Options
I went to mcdonalds yesterday after picking a friend up drunk off his *kitten* from the bar and he wanted food. I havent been to mcdonalds in a while so going inside was weird, kinda like culture shock because the menu wasn't blurry at all and there was tons more options to choose than my normal 2 doubles, 20 piece, large fry and a large coke to add more jack daniels in it cause I didn't wanna lose my buzz. (pretty obvious why I turned into a fat *kitten* and needed to use this site eh?)

Well I've lost a substantial amount of weight so far using MFP so going to mcdonalds was almost like cheating on the wife I don't have...My friend goes and orders his usually 3 chicken wraps and a fry and just the smell of this place was driving me wild, i've never been able to resist mcdonalds, drunk, sober, young, old...I just can't stop myself from eating these nasty grease balls...

Well last night I did it again, I ate at mcdonalds, I just couldn't help myself . The good part about it was I only had a fruit and yogurt parfait! I sat back and watched him eat his nasty grease filled tortilla boat while I had 150 calories of semi-maybe- healthy yogurt. I've never been able to resist a double cheeseburger of 20 nuggets and fries, so to me this was a victory and proof that I am really taking my health serious as well as show me i'm motivated to hit my goals!

What kind of will power have you shown lately to prove to yourself you are in the for the long haul? :drinker:

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! My hubby and I hiked 7 miles through the national forest last weekend, and burned a TON of calories. After which he decided we should eat at Chilis. He got a bacon cheeseburger and fries. But even though I had a TON of calories to spare, I got a veggie burger and steamed broccoli. Not the healthiest thing either, but certainly better than most of their other options. And the best part was, I did not feel like I was missing out on anything at all!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    LOL. I sometimes go into McDonalds's for a single cheeseburger. Not so bad! The other day, I managed to not eat a third slice of pizza even though there was still more pizza. That was a first.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    That's incredible! It's always a good sign when you are allowed to eat unhealthy and you choose to still eat healthy and stay away from it. Kudos to you :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I had a similar relationship with Wendy's. I would eat there maybe three times a week (I was in denial). My usual order was kind of disgusting in terms of sheer volume of food, but fast food has a magical property that makes it disappear the moment it slides down your esophagus so that you can eat about four large combos as one meal before your stomach issues the "kill" command to your mouth.

The moment I started losing weight was the end of my relationship with Wendy's. Except once, when I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich on the way back from a long road trip with a friend. I had to throw half of it away, my stomach and my brain just rejected it as inedible. I don't love you anymore, Wendy's. It's not you, it's me. Well, it IS you.

That's an awesome victory for you. It's great to be able to say that food doesn't have control of you anymore.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Glad you were able to stay strong even though it might have been a bit tempting...or maybe not since it was loaded with extra fries with greasiness.

I'm always tempted to eat out since everyone in my family loves to. I always think of how I use to be (miserable, heavy, etc) and try to think of how hard I've worked. I know it'll taste really good but why go through the pain and be unhappy. I usually decide to eat grilled chicken salads if I'm out but I know those also can be high in sodium. Either way I make much better choices now than I would have a year ago.
  • hjsalas
    hjsalas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't love you anymore, Wendy's. It's not you, it's me. Well, it IS you.

Haha Love that!

Your McDonald's story is awesome...great job! Very Proud of you! Yesterday, I had way too much Mexican food for lunch and that left me with 2 Calories for supper!!! I had a 125 calorie cheese sandwich for supper and walked on the treadmill! Before MFP, I wouldve eaten a huge dinner as well! Yay! Go Us!!
  • kwoodson94
    Options
    I will occasionally eat at McDonalds. I will have a kids meal. The hamburger or 4 nuggets is enough to satisfy me and the kids size fries are perfect. I sometimes get the milk with it, but they also have low cal options. Since this "new me" is going to be for life, I really study the menu in most of the places that I go or have gone. To think that I will never go to McDonalds again seems unlikely so better that I am prepared and know that I can have the kids meal, and it wont de-rail me.
    That is just my two cents anyway. Good luck on your journey.
  • red1775
    red1775 Posts: 22
    Options
    I gave up Coke and Mtn. Dew. I now eat leaner and sometimes walk away hungry. Odd for me

The hardest was breakfast I love it and now each raisin brand. When I do go wild and eat eggs the count here horrifies me.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    2 Hamburgers. 1 Side salad. Water/Diet coke. Around 530 calories total.

There are decent choices everywhere. Even fast food. The BEST thing about fast food is their healthiest and lowest cal items are their cheapest lol.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    have you tried the pineapple mango smoothie 240 calories I love it and it feels me up and I don't feel like I am cheating
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great story! Very impressive. I love the smells of those places, but that's as close as I can get before I'm in a danger zone haha.

Somewhat similar.. Last weekend I was at my boyfriends for the weekend.

At dinner, he had a chicken burger and fries while I had a salad. I'd ordered soup as well, but they told me as they served our food that they'd run out.

After dinner I wanted to stop at a bulk foods place to grab something healthy to snack on later as I knew the salad wouldn't last too long. When I got my snack, the man got about a pound of turtle chocolates. We stopped at a gas station, where he got something called "Macaroon Madness Bars", some sort of delicious looking squares from a local bakery.

I stayed at his place the entire weekend, and watched him eat every single square and turtle and didn't touch even one! I could not believe myself! Quite proud.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love Wendy's but stick to the chili. It's actually very good and not too too bad for you! :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    2 Hamburgers. 1 Side salad. Water/Diet coke. Around 530 calories total.

There are decent choices everywhere. Even fast food. The BEST thing about fast food is their healthiest and lowest cal items are their cheapest lol.

Yeah, if all you care about is calories.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if all you care about is calories.

I actually monitor all my macro nutrients. Despite popular belief, there IS more than just calories in fast food. :P
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I have been avoiding McDonald's like the plague because of the mystery ingredients they use in their food as well as the unhealthy food that fills the store. Last time I went to McDonald's was a few months ago and I had two grilled chicken ranch wraps, with a side of apple slices. I couldn't stomach the grease hahaha.
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have never been a morning person ever and today I got up early to get in my run because I knew I wouldn't have time to do it later tonight..Getting out of bed was the hardest part, but I'm glad I did.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    my thought on Mc Donalds are this! Take a cheese burger, its gone in one minute and to be honest pretty tasteless, maybe I havnt developed a taste, might eat there max once in 6 months but if you got a fresh burger and a bun some salad, fresh cheese and relish and put it together yourself its far more satisfying,my point is McDonalds is very synthetic like its not real,just a heap of empty calories with little value!Just my take!
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Good for you!! Great will power!!!:wink:
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I still love McDonalds but my choices changed. I love the Southwest grilled chicken salad and fruit parfait for an occasional treat. I have 3 sons and a husband that think nothing of stopping at fast food. I just did the research on the restaurants they like to frequent and have my choices made before I walk in the door! example for Wendy's I get a grilled chicken sandwich no sauce and a small chili. I cannot do pizza though!! My NSV last week was that my kiddos wanted nothing more than to go for pizza and go in to eat! I thought ACCCCCKKKKK my weakness and it's all so high in calories. So I pulled up what I could have. I ended up having one and a half cheese breadsticks with marinara. You better believe I ate LITTLE bites and savoured it! I fit that into my daily food and it worked out. Granted I didn't order the large pizza for them so I couldnt take any pizza home because I know that would have been disastorous!
  • StrawberrySprinkles
    Options
    I think my 'omg, things have changed' moment hit last night. We had chinese take out. I <3 chinese...but...last night...I found I just couldn't eat it.

I had a few pieces of sweet and sour chicken and some soup...but after that...I just couldn't eat anymore. It was a really weird experience.

1) I usually feel guilty about eating in general because I have a lot of emotional issues in relation to food. Not necessarily in relation to having a bad relationship with food. Just that people made me feel guilty for eating, full stop, which later formed the sh*tty relationship with food.

2) Stomach has shrunk to the point that having large amounts of food just doesn't jive.

3) I'd rather just eat the food I cook at home because I control what's in it.

Ya'ay for changes. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!