Losing the BOOTY....

Options

Replies

• FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ugh it's the one place I wish I could lose weight! I've always had a big butt, but then I started losing weight expecting it to be smaller so I can finally wear better fitting jeans,.. And I kid you not, fromthe side view, it actually looks like it got bigger and higher. Nearly at my goal weight and it's still huge. :(
  • cwallace0522
    cwallace0522 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try the Butt Bible. It is free on youtube. I love it!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This is the area that I am looking forward to losing the most. It looks ridiculous with my waist size (i have always a very small waist compared to hips/butt).

Oh really, I find thats sexy on a woman... if only we could trade places lol
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    Seriously though...

You other brothers can't deny.

lol
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    1229760_f260.jpg

.....Alternative! :smokin:

hahaha... thanks, but NO thanks lol....
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You do realise, that different women have different body shapes?

If you are apple-shaped, it means you are bigger above the hips than below. When you gain fat, you gain most of it on your stomach/chest/arms before it starts to collect around your hips/butt/thighs. It also means that when you lose weight, you lose fat from your hips/butt/thighs way before any starts to come off your upper body.

If you are pear-shaped, you're bigger below the waist than above. When you gain weight, you put it on your hips/butt/thighs instantly, and it takes ages to go on your stomach or chest. When you lose weight it all comes off your arms, boobs and stomach before an inch budges from your butt or thighs.

Pear-shaped is the most common, followed by apple. There are the 'ideal' hourglass types (you can imagine what that looks like) but they are rare.

Your body shape does NOT change as you get skinny or fat. Whatever body shape you are, you will always be that way.

I am pear-shaped; I am a UK size 8-10 (US size 4-6) in t-shirts, but in jeans, I am a UK size 10-12 (US size 6-8). At my highest weight, I was a size 12-14 (US 8-10) on top, and a size 14-16 (US 10-12) on the bottom.

When I started losing weight, it ALL came off my chest first. I started seeing my collarbones, went down sooo many bra sizes, got a smaller and more defined waist, and my butt and thighs stayed exactly the frigging same. It's only recently started to come off below the waist.

So when you say you hear that it comes off the butt first, that is only really true for apple-shapes. I WISH I'd lost fat from my butt first!
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    Squat it out sista to get that booty back
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    SQUATS! I have a bigger booty than ever, and I weigh about 15 pounds less than my highest weight.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Though I've always had a fairly flat butt it seems like I keep losing inches in my bottom faster than my midsection.
    Here is to hoping it will all balance out at some point...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I will be SOOOOO happy!!!!!! Right now my legs are a size 1 my butt is a size 3 in pants. It makes buying jeans/pants/dresses/skirts/clothes in general frusterating!!! This is one of my favorite pics below!

176203404141836050_GcibvU20_b.jpg

Great coz, I'm doing a gazillion squats during kettleworx! X
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You don't have to lose your booty...build those glutes up with MUSCLE!!!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I lost my butt with I lost my weight and then I was told about lunges, squats, hip thrust, and hip extensions. Im but is rounder and tighter than its ever been before. :drinker:
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do a little Zumba.... those moves are designed to preserve bootyliciousness. My butt actually got bigger after I started teaching (in the good way).
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    while my booty is smaller, it's firmer and tighter, which i really like! boyfriend says it "resists" his grabs now where before he could just smoosh it around. tight butts are the best butts!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You don't have to lose your booty...build those glutes up with MUSCLE!!!

This.

SQUATS
  • u03kjm0
    u03kjm0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have a huge bum (proper booty right there) and I can't wait for it to go! Hopefully the first thing that will get smaller! :P But I guess by being Caucasian, we don't naturally have big bums!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I lost mine when I was younger and lost weight but this time I made sure I started doing a lot of exercises to tone my butt during my strength routine. Even though it is 3 inches smaller, it looks bigger because I'm slimming down everywhere else faster and because it's toned and lifted. You don't have to lose it, you just have to work hard to keep it! I also walk a lot. Walking (for me) seems to lift it better than running :)

Also, we all know squats and lunges help but you don't have to do the same boring routine. I plan all my workouts using Fitness Magazine.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ya, youll lose some of it, but once the rest of ur body catches up, youll see that booty gettin perky and thats even bettah! xo

oh and NO KIDDING old skool buns of steel workouts are still the bomb diggity! and squat like theres no tmw, always walk/run on an incline or use the stair master.

i know it looks ridiculoous, but your glutes will be on fiiiyah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k0ngysgjFM&feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liy4VCMs91k&feature=related

*get it right! get it tiiiiight! *

Thank you for those links! I used to have that tape but I lost it in a move somewhere and I don't like the ones they did later with some chick, I love the original with that guy.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Seriously though...

You other brothers can't deny.

Brothers?? LOL... I guess even white boys got ta shout :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    And on topic - I was scared too because my BF is a big booty fan, but when I was Zumba-ing he used to joke that I was "gettin that Zumba butt" and seemed to like it.

I noticed since I started running, my booty is getting flatter and I don't like that, so I have to get back to the Zumba!