Mcdonalds...

Options

Replies

• greatthatsgreat
    greatthatsgreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh! Great job on resisting! The last time I had McDonalds, about a year ago, I felt deeply hungover the next day -- and I did not have a drop of alcohol the night before. It is just toxic nastiness. Good riddance.
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Very good, very good! Just this morning (and still now) I am resisting the free donuts brought in to celebrate - well, I am not quite sure, probably to celebrate that it is Thursday. Working in a bigger office.. in Canada... in a city that just got a new Tim Horton's... it's a challenge sometimes, heh.

But I do enjoy watching people who have been trying to get me into Body by Vi stuff their faces with donuts and then drink their shakes on top of that :-)
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    Congrats OP! McDonald's has been my Achilles heel. That is until they started listing the calories on the menu board. 1100 calories for a double quarter pounder meal! That was my go to meal once, maybe twice a week. Now when I see my husband eating it, I feel a little nauseous.
  • stilleto816
    Options
    You go! Last weekend I went to Cheesecake Factory, and was in a panic about what I could order and still stay true to my weight loss goal. I ordered the Chopped Salad and told the hostess not to bring the bread anywhere near my table. I avoided my favorite Oreo cookie cheesecake [which happens to be my cryptonite] that I have never gone without! I felt satisfied with my salad and the best part is I only ate 1/2 of it.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Never ate there again after pink slime story emerged. Don't care if they have since said they don't use it any longer. Gross

What's that????
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Way to go. After not eating fast food for a while, it just won't be appealing anymore. That's how it is for me.
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds..so I know how it can be...Congrats!
  • Briteblu
    Options
    That's not so bad. Good Job!!
    I said NO TO TACO BELL yesterday!! My friend/co-worker came in to work after me and was stopping there to grab lunch so she called to see if I wanted anything... It was tough but I said, "Nope, I'm good. Thanks though."
    <~~~~ So proud :happy:
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Last night, I made myself dinner--I had quite a few calories left, so I decided to up my portion size a bit. Now, I have NEVER been one not to clean my plate...EVER. Last night, it was just too much food, and I stopped when I was full. Just knew I was done...progress!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awesome victory! My weakest point of the day is When I get out of class late and Im driving home and see the golden arches... before I would stop and get my regular double cheese and spicy chicken with med fry. Now I beat it by having an apple on hand and eating it while driving ;)

Ugh I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only person who used to do this. The stupidest brain rationalization EVER. "Since these sandwiches are only a dollar each they can't POSSIBLY have very many calories right?" $3 bucks and 1000 calories later..... a mcdouble, a mcchicken and an order of fries down the hatch. Then they got sweet tea. Probably worse then the soda.

My current 'victories' are eating at home for breakfast and dinner and packing a lunch every day this week so far.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I no longer eat peanut butter and all the candies that include peanut butter, I also no longer eat M&M slight victory.
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I occasionally have a grilled chicken snack wrap from there, and a McFlurry. It's okay to treat yourself every once in a while.

I'm just left scratching my head over responses like these. Did you even read the OP?

I suppose it was inevitable that this thread would turn into a bunch of people telling you that because they themselves eat fast food regularly, it's therefore a healthy choice for YOU to eat McDonald's. Don't forget to use the words "treat" and "moderation" in abundance. I just didn't expect it by page two.

I didn't say "regularly", now did I? You don't have to agree with me, but you also don't have to be a prick about it. :grumble:

Agreed!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Never ate there again after pink slime story emerged. Don't care if they have since said they don't use it any longer. Gross

What's that????

"Pink slime" is simply ground up meat that has been treated with ammonia (the ammonia is then removed) to completely eliminate any bacteria that may be living in it. It is called "Pink Slime" because it is pink and looks like finely smooshed hamburger meat.

Good: Murdering a cow, ripping it's muscle off it's bones, setting it on fire and eating it.
    Bad: Cleaning it beforehand.

This is our America.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

What's that????
    Ew. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/01/31/10282876-mcdonalds-drops-use-of-gooey-ammonia-based-pink-slime-in-hamburger-meat?lite
  • Lynsey75Williams
    Lynsey75Williams Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have always thought McD's is ok as long as it's in moderation. Although If I wanted to lose weight that day I wouldn't have the chips AND the burger. One or the other with a side salad. Let's face it...it's just a piece of beef in bread. Nothing illegal.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I no longer eat peanut butter and all the candies that include peanut butter, I also no longer eat M&M slight victory.
    Also I have cut down my sneak eating by 40% that is good
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

What's that????

"Pink slime" is simply ground up meat that has been treated with ammonia (the ammonia is then removed) to completely eliminate any bacteria that may be living in it. It is called "Pink Slime" because it is pink and looks like finely smooshed hamburger meat.

Good: Murdering a cow, ripping it's muscle off it's bones, setting it on fire and eating it.

This is our America.
    I'm not a fan of either of those techniques. lol
  • Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I had a similar relationship with Wendy's. I would eat there maybe three times a week (I was in denial). My usual order was kind of disgusting in terms of sheer volume of food, but fast food has a magical property that makes it disappear the moment it slides down your esophagus so that you can eat about four large combos as one meal before your stomach issues the "kill" command to your mouth.

The moment I started losing weight was the end of my relationship with Wendy's. Except once, when I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich on the way back from a long road trip with a friend. I had to throw half of it away, my stomach and my brain just rejected it as inedible. I don't love you anymore, Wendy's. It's not you, it's me. Well, it IS you.

That's an awesome victory for you. It's great to be able to say that food doesn't have control of you anymore.

This was me. So I can totally identify with you. Its been a long time since I have been there. And it is interesting how your body does get used to eating healthier, and when you try to slide a greasy burger down your throat, your body does go into shock.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

What's that????

This is our America.

Oh gross!
    Glad I don't eat the burgers then...I just have the chicken on the rare occasion I do have it.

Now you're gonna say that the chicken is 'treated' or something now?
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the OP; and to all of those that can do it. You are making change happen in your own lives. Great!!

For me, it's tough. I do have to eat out a lot for work and attend many parties. And it's so difficult. Last Spring, I stopped my life and stopped attending work functions when I could; and stoppped socializing with friends because I couldn't resist when in restaurants and parties.

Turned out that I couldn't do; life resumed and I returned to eating bad when out - which for me can be 4 or 5 nights a week; and 4 to 5 lunches. I stopped MFP.

Now that I'm back, I'm trying it the other way around. Still go with work and friends, but make better choice both in drink and food. If at a party, I have 1 bite of everything - then move away. In restaurants/parties, I limit myself to 1 drink every 3 hours, and I try to make better choices. I'm starting to succeed, but I still have a long way to go. A very long way to go.

So congrats to all of you that can do it. You deserve every inch lost/every health benefit you get from it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!