THE DEVIL!!

Options
2»

Replies

• LilPinkNinja
    Options
    Great post, and way to go girl!!! I for one would most likely succumb to the power of those cakes.... goodness I love cake! Your will power is inspiring!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Way to go for staying strong!! Congratulations on having lost 9 lbs. thus far!!! Keep up the great job you're doing!!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Darn, and I was REALLY hoping to see the devil in here. lol

Seriously, though, good for you for resisting, you CAN do this, and congratulations on 9 pounds lost you GO!!! <3
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I feel this was a sign for me to read this because I have been in bindge mode since Saturday and I have been miserable...pizza for lunch today and now I'm getting depressed about bindging!! You struck a nerve with me about our prayer...I know the power of God and the power of PRAYER....and sadly I haven't been asking God to help me make healthy food choices because if I could have done this on my own I would have done so 10years ago. Thanks for not being ashamed to show your faith and leading me to pray! Be blessed.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Good job!
  • Now that is what Im talking about!!! You Go GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snapping fingers over here for you!!!=)
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I guess every office has this sort of temptation! While I was taking a break reading your post, I got an e-mail about cookies available in my office. Good thing I'm primed to avoid them!
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! WTG!
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    OMG. SOOO many emoticons!!! My ADD will not even let me read your post!!! I just keep seeing devil faces and *kitten*!!! But yay for you, going off what others have said! :) And something about cake??? Maybe its a good thing I didnt read it afterall... My willpower is weak right now. :P
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    I'm so PROUD of you! 9 pounds is tremendous and you rock, period. :heart:

Listen girl, that's NOT the devil...it's NOT! It's YOU. Temptation is going to be around you and me for the rest of our lives and if it's not regarding food, it's going to be our "attitudes" anger, wrath, jealousy, envy, covetousness, pride, gluttony et. al.

Truly give God the Glory--and don't give satan even an ounce of credit and or blame in this. God is counting on YOU to allow His Spirit to rule and reign in you and for you to get to the goals that He (in you) are aiming at. See, if you blame satan for temptation...then you will also blame him for your failure. The TRUTH of the matter is God has given you weapons to win this thang...

Galatians 5:
    22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

The Holy Spirit is not going to have you screaming and hollering all over the office when (not if...but WHEN) "temptation" rears it's foul and good-looking head up in (y)our life. Nope! But among other things is self-control. If self-control isn't ruling and reigning in our spirits and lives, it's not the "devil's fault--it's not beloved...it's our fault, period. Unless we really don't believe God and His Word. That's the the REAL problem is.

So, my friend...give Glory to God. Truly walk in The Spirit (not when you want to--but ALL the time, this requires humility) and you'll look at that cake--either have a small piece and work it in your calorie count for today and/or look at your precious gut and but and say--NAH, I'll pass and walk and get your fruit cup like the royal princess you are--no fuss, no muss. Why? Because you are on a mission. Not just merely for vanity sake but because God wants to use you as His Witness that you truly can do all things thru Christ who Strengthen you. Not because you nor I say so...but because He says so.

The next time (and it will be sooner than later) temptation tries to get you out of you you truly are in Christ...meditate on this:

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
    And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
    You shall condemn.
    This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
    And their righteousness is from Me,”
    Says the Lord.

That includes my voice, the devil's voice and most important--you own voice/the flesh.

From this day forth, no longer give "the accuser of the brethren" another second of glory and victory.

Ephesian 6:

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[d] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[e] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Don't just start screaming and going off...Put on the whole amour of God, cool, calm and Holy Spirit collected.

Lastly...I'm talking to MYSELF, just as much (if not more) than I'm talking to you--cause I MUST do these EXACT same things if/since I want to be a Witness and Glorify God in this battle. just FYI!!!! :flowerforyou:

As I sat here reading with a smile on my face, I truly Thanked God for every word you typed! I recognize the truth, thank you again!
    Talia P.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Best emoticon use EVER! :wink:

Rock on!
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    Great Job!! I feel this was a sign for me to read this because I have been in bindge mode since Saturday and I have been miserable...pizza for lunch today and now I'm getting depressed about bindging!! You struck a nerve with me about our prayer...I know the power of God and the power of PRAYER....and sadly I haven't been asking God to help me make healthy food choices because if I could have done this on my own I would have done so 10years ago. Thanks for not being ashamed to show your faith and leading me to pray! Be blessed.

Thank you for sharing your feelings! Greater is He that is in US that he that is in the world! Pray, pray and pray some more its getting me through this journey. I have fell off, but I kept going. Thank you for the friend request, now lets get to it Sis!!
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    OMG. SOOO many emoticons!!! My ADD will not even let me read your post!!! I just keep seeing devil faces and *kitten*!!! But yay for you, going off what others have said! :) And something about cake??? Maybe its a good thing I didnt read it afterall... My willpower is weak right now. :P

My bad Tab (if I may) for all the smileys, I was just having a moment!! Thank you for your kind words :drinker:
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the "great-going's" and words of encouragement!! I made it to 12:30 and didn't even go back int he kitchen! All of you ROCK...this is the reason why I love MFP, the people here are the best!! Hug and Kisses!!
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    Best emoticon use EVER! :wink:

Rock on!

THANK YOU!! I am Rockin!! :bigsmile:
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind to.

After a week or two of not eating those sweets, you'll start to not even think about them.
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story!
  • empowerme12
    empowerme12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job at avoiding temptation. I was also so encouraged by NEWLifestyles message to you. Great job on your 9 pound weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!