Foods That Help Allergies/Local Honey

Options
2»

Replies

• Bubble65
    Options
    The truth is as with everything, what works for one may not work for another. Honey is known to have many positive benefits. I have at least one cup of hot water with honey & lemon every day and love it as an alternative to coffee or tea. I'm not a great lover of water on its own so this helps me get my fluids in as well.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have heard of this and it does work for several people I know.

When I stopped smoking and started gaining weight due to my insatiable appetite, I started taking bee pollen to suppress my appetite and noticed that when spring rolled around, I did not have allergy symptoms. My husband then tried it himself because he is not a fan of pharmaceuticals and it worked for him as well. If you are allergic to bees, it can kill you though.

The bee pollen in royal jelly also gave us both sustained energy and helped us keep from chewing our arm off 4 miles into a 5 mile run while passing around 54 restaurants on our way. I swear by the stuff.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've heard about honey working for some, though I've never tried it.

Before I tried that, I gave up dairy and my allergies are now gone. As a young kid, I'd get allergy shots twice a week. That's how bad they once were.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i've heard that and wanted to try it, but i really dont like honey
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Okay... Since voice doesn't want to work, I'll have to type it. Apple's servers must be down.

My fitness instructor has a 4 year old girl Jenna. Jenna is SEVERELY allergic to cat dander, to the point where she even can't be near someone who recently came in contact with a cat, without having a reaction. She was given raw dark local honey for several weeks, a few times a day, and she now she can be around cats, or people who came in contact with them, without having a reaction.