Ripped in 30 Starting on October 15th. Any Takers?

Options

Replies

• shoes_4_me
    shoes_4_me Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I just started last night (the 16th) and am determined to see it through the whole 30 days! Might take longer with rest days. I took a starting pic and will take a finishing one when done. My thighs were shaking last night after I was done! love it.
  • juliejean123
    juliejean123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started last week and just finished Level 1 - Day 5. Thighs are definitely feeling it! I finished up 30 Day Shred about a month ago and was really happy with the results! I have a feeling RI30 is going to be much more challenging! I did all of 30DS with 5 lbs. hand weights and have been using those for RI30 too.
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    There are a few exercises in Week 1 that I feel I *could* use heavier weights in, but for now I am sticking with my light weights. I think if you feel comfortable with upping it on even a few exercises that would be good, I have a feeling they will use the heavier weights as the weeks go on.

I don't have a measuring tape either, but I always do it with twine and a yard stick (Classy, I know!) I just took measurements a few weeks ago, so at the end I will post based off those measurements, and I suppose I need to get my husband to take pictures - He started it also, but he's not as consistent as I am. I am on day 3 and my thighs still hurt really bad so much that I have a hard time extending my legs straight out to stretch!. I think I need to do more stretching.
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There are a few exercises in Week 1 that I feel I *could* use heavier weights in, but for now I am sticking with my light weights. I think if you feel comfortable with upping it on even a few exercises that would be good, I have a feeling they will use the heavier weights as the weeks go on.

I don't have a measuring tape either, but I always do it with twine and a yard stick (Classy, I know!) I just took measurements a few weeks ago, so at the end I will post based off those measurements, and I suppose I need to get my husband to take pictures - He started it also, but he's not as consistent as I am. I am on day 3 and my thighs still hurt really bad so much that I have a hard time extending my legs straight out to stretch!. I think I need to do more stretching.
    Oh thanks for the tip. You are right, I felt I needed heavier weights for the some excercises. I dont have heavier weights so I will get them this weekend
  • wade78
    Options
    Did Day 3 OF level 1 last night. still sore. The running man absolutley kills me!
  • turtleohs
    Options

Oh thanks for the tip. You are right, I felt I needed heavier weights for the some excercises. I dont have heavier weights so I will get them this weekend

Yeah! I also use weights when they do the boxing part because I just don't feel like it's intense enough for me w/o!

And yes, the running man is the worst! It's so hard! I think the part that makes me most sore is probably the skaters if you do it the 'non modified' way.
  • karenjewel
    Options
    About to do day 2 on Level 1. I have to do my workouts in morning so I will get it in, no excuses. I am just using five pound weights and had to put those down at one time to keep good form. I am just not "there" yet. I looked at some other jillien michels videos online and saw her doing the"duck walk" and tried that---wow! Talk about great quad workout and really tough! I just know week 2 is going to be building on this one, so I am going to try to master all of these exercises using good form and finishing all sets. If this doesn't blast the fat off, I don't know what will!
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

FYI that Best Buy sells weights online (who knew?!) and they actually have free shipping. Bought my three pound dumbbells for only about $10 there. Prices vary with the colors.

I went to a yoga class last night, so I didn't do the RI30 workout yesterday. Did it this morning, and wow, I couldn't really bend over much because my hamstrings hurt so much!
  • turtleohs
    Options
    lol I feel you. My hamstrings are what hurt the worst also! Im on day 4 though and it's gotten better!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    lol I feel you. My hamstrings are what hurt the worst also! Im on day 4 though and it's gotten better!

Yes!! Hamstrings are super sore! It's better today than it was yesterday. I felt like I was walking around like Frankenstein b/c my legs were so sore.
  • turtleohs
    Options
    I know! I had trouble even sitting down to use the restroom. LOL! My husband has only done ONE day so far and hasn't done any more days because he says he's too sore... What wimp! I told him if I can do it he can...so he said he will do it tonight with me :)
  • turtleohs
    Options
    Are you all planning to take a rest day (Sunday?)
  • wade78
    Options
    Are you all planning to take a rest day (Sunday?)
    Yep I am. I think its a good idea. I needed one rest day when I did the 30DS and I felt I could push myself more during my next session
  • wade78
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm on day 5 level 1 and I'm feeling OK. My shoulders are killing me now. Just when on part of my body stops hurting another part deceides to join the party

How are you all doing?
  • wade78
    Options
    I know! I had trouble even sitting down to use the restroom. LOL! My husband has only done ONE day so far and hasn't done any more days because he says he's too sore... What wimp! I told him if I can do it he can...so he said he will do it tonight with me :)

LOL!!!!!!
  • Peaches516
    Options
    I feel really guilty because I didn't get up early today to work out. I will count it as my rest day and work out on both Saturday and Sunday. Think it's because it's raining here, so it was way too tempting to sleep in an extra half hour. No excuses on Saturday and Sunday, since I won't have to rush to get to work!

On the plus side (nothing to do with RI30, but I wanted to share!), I can now do the crow pose for yoga! I've never been able to do it before, and Jillian gets all the credit. I completed her 30 Day Shred videos (they're up on YouTube), and all of those push-ups gave me the upper body strength to finally do crow!
  • wade78
    Options
    I feel really guilty because I didn't get up early today to work out. I will count it as my rest day and work out on both Saturday and Sunday. Think it's because it's raining here, so it was way too tempting to sleep in an extra half hour. No excuses on Saturday and Sunday, since I won't have to rush to get to work!

On the plus side (nothing to do with RI30, but I wanted to share!), I can now do the crow pose for yoga! I've never been able to do it before, and Jillian gets all the credit. I completed her 30 Day Shred videos (they're up on YouTube), and all of those push-ups gave me the upper body strength to finally do crow!

Well done! Now what is the crow pose? It sounds painful!
  • turtleohs
    Options
    That's great! I haven't done Yoga in a while -.-

I am doing good and I'm honestly hardly sore at all now. I've really been pushing myself since I'm at the end of the week.... I REALLY HATE the planks and hollow man...but I can hold the plank for the whole 30 seconds now...my goal is to be able to hold the hollow man the whole time too but I'm not sure if I will be able to do it.

When I first started the video, after day 1 I had some pretty serious mid back pain and was seen by my chiro, but since I got adjusted I've been just fine... I'm doing my 5th workout tonight after the kids go to bed since I didn't have time to do it this afternoon. I usually do it in the afternoon while they are napping!
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I'll be starting Ripped in about 10 days, after I am done with 30DS. Im excited!
  • Peaches516
    Options

Well done! Now what is the crow pose? It sounds painful!

It IS painful! crow is when you squat down on the floor, and then tilt forward so that all of your weight is resting on your hands. a bunch of images will show up if you just search for "crow pose yoga." i can hold it for only about 4-5 seconds, just long enough to tell that i'm actually balanced. before, i would try to tilt up, and then tilt right back down! haha!

did RI30 this morning. today was only my third day of doing it, since i took yesterday off and i did yoga as a substitute for another day. i'm going to do two more days of week 1, and then switch to week 2.

i think we're all doing really well! this is great!