Freaking Girl Scout Cookies

Options
This time of year always hits when I'm trying to get ready for the pool season!! I just can't say no because I was a girl scout for 10 years and I know how BAD it sucks to be standing outside those grocery stores!!!!

So what are you favorites??

Replies

• dventouras
    dventouras Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thin mints, of course. I worked out tonight just so that I could have some! My plan is to send them in the kids lunches every day to get rid of them quicker and decrease my temptation.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Those little Jezebels cornered me in the wal-mart parking lot. I was helpless. Like a little lamb. I couldn't defend myself...

... I left with a box of caramel delites, a box of thin mints, and a box of peanut butter sandwiches. BUT I took them to a party and only had one of each. So I was good.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints--frozen!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Samoas. Probably the worst ones for you. But soooooo good. Thin Mints are a close second. Gotta have both. I was a Girl Scout and I am a sucker for a good cause.
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Lol! I can't help but laugh. My friends daughter is a girl scout and every year we order like 10 boxes. My kids take them in there school lunches, but this week was rough and I wish I didn't have them in the house. I love the new Thank You Berry Much! And pretty much the rest of them as well.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, one of my friends said "the way into a girl's pants is a roll of thin mints." If he only knew how right he was! :laugh:

I didn't even buy GS cookies this year because I know I can't resist them, but I'm usually all about the Samoas!
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Lol! I can't help but laugh. My friends daughter is a girl scout and every year we order like 10 boxes. My kids take them in there school lunches, but this week was rough and I wish I didn't have them in the house. I love the new Thank You Berry Much! And pretty much the rest of them as well.
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Sorry Hit this button twice oops.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Thin Mints--frozen!

yes and if you freeze them in individual freezer bags... you can take them out sparingly... :bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, one of my friends said "the way into a girl's pants is a roll of thin mints." If he only knew how right he was! :laugh:

hmmmmm, noted :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • tomtrl
    tomtrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a girl scout. We have 21 boxes of cookies in the freezer.:sad:
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have 2 nieces that are girl scouts. Of course you have to buy the same amount from each.....so we have 20 boxes coming!!! My boyfriend is a mechanic at a dealership so the shop will have plenty to go around!
  • silentsiren
    Options
    my other half has the tag-a-longs (which are ALL gone BTW). i love the thin mints though and they are well hidden before he eats all of those too (not that I should complain about that).
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    tag-a-longs and do-si-do's .. thin mints are a close third place :tongue:
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oh man...I'm so excited but also dreading the day when my cookies come in. I think I bought 6 boxes this year: 2 Tag-A-Longs, 1 Lemon Chalet or whatever they're called, 1 Peanut butter sandwich cookie one, and 1 Thin Mint.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to be good and only eat one every day. YEAH RIGHT! I'll just have to work out harder to accomodate my need. haha:happy:
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just realized I only put 5 down...well, there's another one in there somewhere!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have a Daisy Girl Scout. I just bought 9 boxes so she could get her badge.. I love the samoa's and the thin mints.. mmmm.. I think I'm gonna save them for gifts tho.. we'll see :blushing:
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Last saturday right after my run I went to the grocery store to pick up some fruits and vegetables, and I saw the girl scouts set up and I was like OH NO!!! I knew I'd be buying cookies if they asked, b/c I used to be a girl scout, and I LOVE girl scout cookies. However, they didn't ask me if I wanted to buy any at all. Little did they know I would have probably bought some thin mints, peanut butter patties, and carmel delites! Yum. I guess they figured sweaty people in workout clothes didn't eat cookies!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a girl scout. We have 21 boxes of cookies in the freezer.:sad:

that must be 1 big freezer you got there!!!!! :laugh: my daughter is selling too and its hard having cookies in the house (other ppl's cookies) i stayed strong and didnt order any!!!!! go me!!!! i had 1 tagalong at my moms and it was sooooooooooo yummy!!!!!
  • tomtrl
    tomtrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My wife always gets me a box of white fudge covered Oreo's for Christmas. I haven't even opened them yet. Talk about control!!! They are 100 calories per cookie.