Calling all Geek,Dorks and Nerds!

Options
I need more friends like me. Today I found a directional sign that I really loved. It had Hogwarts this way, Neverland this way, Narnia, etc. I loved it! I asked my hubby what he thought, and he said" You have the weirdest taste in decorating".
My whole family thinks the same thing.
I think it is because I refuse to let my inner child go. I am a grown up when I have to be, but when I don't have to be. I'd rather play useless games with kids, than play cards or something with adults. I can sit for a while and talk about the Avengers with my best friends son, and hold a entire gown up conversation with her.
Anyway, so what if I like Harry Potter, have Lord of the Rings wedding bands replica jewelry and a tattoo. I love Disney, Percy Jackson and Heros of Olympus. The Last Airbender and The Legend Of Korra. Full Metal Alchemist, the Wizard of Oz , and I have tons of the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. That is all I can think of at the moment. So who is with me? Name anything in the world that you love;that other ppl think is geeky or weird.

Replies

• katieg2289
    Options
    Pretty much everything you just said is me haha! Also, I get called out on being a geek a LOT for playing World of Warcraft and being obsessed with Doctor Who :bigsmile:
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    <~~~dork. And a bit of geek and nerd too. LOTR, Harry Potter, Hungar Games, Percy Jackson, Assassins Creed, Darksiders, Last Airbender, Johnny Quest, Dragon Ball Z, BBT, The Walking Dead...to name a few. I <3 Ezio and Death and Goku!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You remember me of my roommate, except she refuses to accept being "grown up" at all and she's older than me. Frankly, it's annoying to me that she doesn't know when it's appropriate to be childish.

I'm a nerd I guess. I do a ton of research on my own time, and my life goal is to know something about everything. I feel like a walking wikipedia.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wait...loving The Walking Dead, Nightmare Before Christmas (and all things Tim Burton), Harry Potter, and LOTR makes me a dork? Dammit! :-)
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am a nerd and proud, although people are always surprised by the fact. They call me an undercover nerd because no one can really tell by looking or talking to me.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    You had me at Avatar: The Last Airbender (show of course, not that horrid movie) I love all that! Video games, I have my own R2D2 Xbox, a Wii, PS2. I adore The Legend of Zelda. Maybe a bit too much. Assassin's Creed, Okami..so many!!!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Proud nerd...
    Dork and geek.
    Guess it depends on the time of day and who I am talking to. :)

I am raising my kidlets to be little nerdlets

My 4 year old gets a kick out of being called a dork, or my elven princess.
    Since she was a baby her ears reminded me of elve's ears.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Listening to the last book in the Kane Chronicles on audio book before bed. Still play D&D with my high school friends. Recently discovered Steampunk so I have been having fun discovering books and videos about that. Typical sci fi, sword and sorcery and comic book shows and movies junkie.
  • Changes02
    Options
    You had me at Avatar: The Last Airbender (show of course, not that horrid movie) I love all that! Video games, I have my own R2D2 Xbox, a Wii, PS2. I adore The Legend of Zelda. Maybe a bit too much. Assassin's Creed, Okami..so many!!!

Are you talking about Avatar the movie or the Airbender movie? Both sucked in my opinion, but the Airbender show was amazing. The movie though was just god awful.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I need to find a nerd girl who is into video games and can beat my *kitten* in a few of em without me having to dumb down my game.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd! I do accounting which is nerdy and play World of Warcraft. I also love Harry Potter.

I'm not as nerdy as I used to be but we have our Darth vader spatula and limited edition light saber. :bigsmile:
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    NERDGIRL checking in!
    i'm pretty sure i live in hogwarts in my dreams!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Getting my Ph.D. in a science field. Math nerd. Love science. Love GOOD sci-fi TV shows, movies, and books. Huge history buff (area of specialty is the late Roman republican era/Julio-Claudian dynasty).
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not into Harry Potter and all that... BUT I am a closet mmorpg player... :-P Rift, ftw! Save a Panda, buy Rift :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Nerd

Bio degree, working on a environmental science degree, work in the science department, wear a labcoat and goggles at work, love science jokes...

Geek

Whovian, Trekkie, Big Bang Theory Fan, Chuck fan, used to read X-men comics... The list goes on and on and on
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't like referring to myself as certain things. I am by no means smart. But I am into Video Games, Zombies, Superheroes, Action Figures, and Sports. and Have pretty useless extensive knowledge on all those things.
  • chinasaurus86
    Options
    I am a 26 year old, nerdy, geeky child at heart.

I'm addicted to Disney, Harry Potter, Adventure Time and Gravity Falls. Portal is sorta of big deal for me as well. lol. I love video games, and read nonstop. I'd rather stay holed up in my room, reading my way through harry potter for the 10,000th time (which i'm doing now!) than go out and do what 'the cool kids' do. I love cartoons and I have no shame lol. I'm actually dressing up as Marceline the Vampire Queen for Halloween! I'm a zombie nut too. lol. I have a zombie tattoo drawn to look like myself tattooed on my arm lol.

Disney is my life. I see anything Disney I either scream in excitement or cry due to OVER excitement. It's the one thing I go absolutely nuts about. I go to disney every year and when I arrive i burst into tears. It's my thing lol. I'm going back in January and cannot wait! Basically all my clothes, bags, purses, houseware etc are disney lol.

I'm also a huge science nerd. I have a degree in biology and i'm totally obsessed with animals; i typically like animals more than people. I go absolutely crazy over 3-toed sloths and cetaceans. I'm also about to get my masters in library science so i can carry the nerd thing to another level lol.

I have tattoos and they are all animated in a cartoon style and are very cutesy.

I'm a nerd & geek - and i'm damn proud of it!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Any one can add me! My house is just nerd/dork/geek! We have a batshelf, a voice changer optimus prime helmet and collect game consoles!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Computer programmer, collect old console games - checking in
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of the above. I love Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Disney(I have all the classic animated Disney movies on VHS in Chronological order, and working on my bluray collection), I haven't found a Star Trek I don't like, Firefly, A Song of Fire and Ice series, the list goes on and on. My favorite thing to do on the weekend(or anytime really) is to play board games with a good group of like minded people. I'm also a techie with a degree in computer systems engineering.