drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Computer programmer, collect old console games - checking in

Like nintendo? cause i still play mine!

Yes!
  • nepic
    nepic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If any of you like Avatar: TLA or TLOK, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Pokemon or Homestuck, come to me you've found your people. My weight loss motivation is actually to look better in cosplay haha.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a book nerd. Love to read. Getting married to the cutest geek ever. He's teaching me about Star Wars and stuff. Somehow I've made it to 35 yrs old without ever seeing Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr. Who, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or any super hero movies except I saw one of the Batman movies in jr high. He loves me anyway and answers all my questions. I'm proud to say I've seen the 1st Star Wars movie now and also The Avengers.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Computer programmer, collect old console games - checking in

Like nintendo? cause i still play mine!

Yes!

YES! YOU JUST SCORED +10 COOL POINTS IN MY BOOK!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted a vanity licence plate that says "NT A MGGL". I refuse to believe it. I'm in hardcore denial!
  • emmajohnson747
    emmajohnson747 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    seriously me and my friends are obsessed with harry potter we have themed movie nights.Also obsessed with mario games and the show Misfits..

Me and my best friend were phineas and verb for halloween last year lol
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Nerd...Computer Science degree, Bibliophile, SciFi lover, et al. Oh, and LOVE Puns...yes, yes indeedy I do.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way. I just explained Colinar to my roommate. I got an extended very odd look from her.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've just taken delivery of my Raspberry Pi, does that make me a geek?
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options

Depends what you do with it. If you programme it, then yes. If you try to eat it with ice cream on the side, then not so much.

On a serious note, though, I want one of those. I should learn to programme things. (And, yes, I'm using the olde english spelling of programme. It's hardwired into my brain.)

I'm also a geek, a nerd and a dork.Literature, music, art, TV, cinema, theatre, and so one and so on. Anyone can feel free to add me if they want.

S.

ETA I'm currently trying to decide whether to go for a walk in the cold Glasgow rain or play some Skyrim...
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Score! I found this board before heading to bed! Dungeons and Dragons, Doctor Who, puns (if you can't slip in a pun worth a groan you can't be a relative, nuts that we are), and I'm dragon obsessed. I refuse to give them up.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Depends what you do with it. If you programme it, then yes. If you try to eat it with ice cream on the side, then not so much.

On a serious note, though, I want one of those. I should learn to programme things. (And, yes, I'm using the olde english spelling of programme. It's hardwired into my brain.)

I'm also a geek, a nerd and a dork.Literature, music, art, TV, cinema, theatre, and so one and so on. Anyone can feel free to add me if they want.

S.

ETA I'm currently trying to decide whether to go for a walk in the cold Glasgow rain or play some Skyrim...

i installed rasBMC and the pleXBMC add in, as i was hoping to use it as a Plex media center (my 2011 samsung telly supported plex and worked brill, but i had to send the telly back and got a 2012 which doesnt support plex yet).

First tests were semi successful... xbmc worked and plex communicated with my plex server, however, wasnt stable enough. Further testing required.

A friend of mine has just moved from essex to glasgow to go to uni... she seems to be liking it and has blended with the locals by wearing shorts when its raining
  • Ro0kin
    Ro0kin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There is a group on here that I know you will like...

THE GEEK SQUID!

Join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid

1238 other geeks can't be wrong.
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    <
    yesterday evening, spent in a pub doing freeform roleplay (in glorantha- runequest)- There were many funny looks from the regulars but the barman recognised fellow nerds and came over and had a conversation with us about the star trek convention in london this weekend :-)

Love all things nerdy with the exception of Harry Potter!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Gamer and graphic designer here, feel free to add :bigsmile:
  • SkyVetis
    Options
    hardcore nerd..work in IT, desk full of programming books im working through and random pc parts, play warcraft, love scifi and fantasy books, love rpg games and point and click adventures..will play them any day over most FPS games.
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well I am a civil engineer, and i will stop the car to take pictures of cool bridges. That may be slightly geeky
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Just ordered one for my son, he wants it for his birthday, he'll be 13!

I am daughter of a nerdy-geek,I run a gaming shop, (I know that makes me a nerd!) and mother of 4 not so little nerd younglings!

That's 3 generations of nerds, there's no way we'll breed that out of the gene pool!

(My avatar is my cyberpunk rpg miniature, aka Nikki Heat!)
  • issystclaire
    issystclaire Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I don't consider myself a geek/nerd but I do love Lord of the Rings (have done since I was a kid), Harry Potter, a lot of Sci-Fi things, and I larp and play table top sometimes....so if that makes me a nerd, so be it. :smile: