How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Daily...however I do a little self talk prior to getting on the scale so that if it is up that I don't get discouraged and dwell on the number. The scale is only one measure of progress. :happy:
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    every day-an once a week with my gf-even if it don't move it keeps me motivated personally
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing myself every morning; right after I urinate and strip. I think weighing yourself in the morning is better because you shed water weight overnight. For me, the difference between weighing the night before and the morning after is 2 lbs.

I agree with this!!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week, Saturday morning! Though lately, I've been doing a middle of the week weigh-in too. I need to stop being so paranoid :P
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Some people create charts. We had a family chart. In fact, some scales create an electronic chart for you.

One high or low value doesn't matter as long as the trend is downwards.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and log it in Excel. I use a digital scale that also gives me body fat.

I have a formula that throws out the high and low numbers each week and then averages the remaining numbers. I then graph each week's average so that I can see how my weight is trending.

This way if I eat too much one day, it's not going to hurt anything but I can still see the effects that it had on my weight so that I know what to expect in the future if I do the same thing.
  • tmariel2012
    Options
    Sept 5th, 2012 -> Starting Weight: 210
    October 17th, 2012-> Current Weight: 185
    Goal Weight: 150 RIGHT NOW (=

i weigh myself weekly, every wednesday!!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Daily, every morning around the same time in undies! Lol
  • jquarequio
    jquarequio Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    every Thursday a.m.
  • Jadsiat
    Jadsiat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day to see how I'm doing. At times I get depressed because it is hard to believe a person can lose or gain 2 pounds or more in a day. I only write it down once a week on Thursday. I was doing it on Monday but I found it better to wait a couple of days after a weekend.
  • sherrygore
    Options
    Every single day, first thing in the morning~ if you have a digital scale, you have the reward of seeing ounces gone each day. That's a real boost to keep me motivated. Otherwise, I lose focus.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, every day.
    You get to know your daily fluctuations better IMO.
  • Litux1516
    Litux1516 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every Monday when I wake up, with underwear and after go toilet.
  • xUminx
    xUminx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Every few days, right after getting up, and completely naked. I only want to enter it here once a week, because of fluctuations.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    every morning
  • JBDaniel08
    JBDaniel08 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but only log in once a week
  • val5152
    Options
    Every Day just to keep a check, then get dissapointed with fluctuation lol
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week but only one counts, if that makes sense. I do a preview on Wednesday, but my official weigh in day is Friday. Whatever I weigh on Friday, is the weight that I write down for the week.

Why Friday? Because then I can relax a little and maybe splurge over the weekend. :drinker:
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    HI there. I weigh in every Friday morning. I keep it at the same time, and same place. I make sure I weigh in before breakfast. And I keep what I am wearing at the time the same. I find that if I weigh my self daily I easily get discouraged as weight fluctuates so much day to day. I do measurements about every two weeks and record those as well. I picked Friday as my weigh in day as it is the day before the weekend. I tend to not watch what I eat as carefully on the weekends, so Friday I weigh in I enjoy the weekend and then I have till the next Friday to get my *kitten* in gear!!!!!!
  • crazymomma1599
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily and lost weight every day for some reason, now I do it weekly x