how many meals do u all eat a day

Options

Replies

• pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    2-3 big meals a day I cannot snack it just makes me wan to eat more I have to have large meals
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    On days that I work, I eat 5-6 meals/snacks a day. Because my job is going pretty slow right now, I plan them out so I don't snack on junk because of boredom.

On days off, I probably eat 3-4 times because I am busy doing things so I don't think about munching on stuff. I try to plan out what I eat during the day in case I go out with my husband or friends so I can concentrate on visiting instead of what I am going to eat.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    3 meals 3 snacks
  • loner_nell
    loner_nell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    3 and sometimes a snack.
    I know it's the wrong way to do it, but I just am not hungry more than that.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have 3 good calorific meals a day. As much tea and coffee as I want to drink and I'll eat an apple if I'm really hungry between meals but this isn't often.

I find it much nicer to save my calories for nice hearty meals rather than snacking on bits and bobs throughout the day that aren't even memorably nice.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Typically I'll have 3-4 small meals with low cal snacks during the week. On weekends I may have 2 large meals and 1 small low-ish cal snack. I have been cutting down on coffee, mostly because of the cost, and the coffee at work kinda sucks.... Love tea though!
  • sunnsand201
    sunnsand201 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's recommended to eat your first meal within an hour of waking up in the morning. (Which can sux if you're not a morning person) I eat within the first hour and then try for every 3 hours through out the day. i.e. 7am Breakfast, 10am Snack of yougurt & fruit, 1pm lunch, 4pm snack of cottage cheese or light string cheese & apple, 7pm dinner (but my portion size is only about hald) as I hate eating that late but that's what works with my work & family schedule.
    I really think my problem is I don't have to eat a lot to be satisfied & I really think I should eat more... All of the suggestions listed are great advice!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast, eat a massive lunch, a massive dinner, and then any remaining calories are consumed right before bed, usually in 1-2 snacks.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I try to eat every 2-4 hours. I got my breakfast, usually around 7 or 8am, elevenses around 10 to 11am, lunch 1-3pm, after lunch snack (usually just a fruit or something), dinner anywhere between 4 and 6pm, and small snack around 8pm (usually a protein shake).

Eating small portions often fills me up better, keeps the metabolism going and keeps me from feeling hungry.

your metabolism will "go" whether you eat often or not.

My first hunt is often not until 1pm...then I stalk my prey.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is pretty high, I eat 5/6 times a day usually. Depending on the shift I'm working that day.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    3 meals & 3 snacks.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    3 meals & 2 snacks. Given that my meals are much smaller portions now, I must eat snacks to make sure I eat enough calories to stay in my goal. Whatever works for you, is what you should do!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It really depends. Typically, 7-8. I think I eat every 2-3 hours from the time I wake up at 4:30a to the time I get to bed.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals a day and a snack or two. Really depends on your personal preferences and lifestyle. Just aim for eating under your calorie goals for the day and you'll be good.
  • ilovemaisy
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds in the past 9 months and I eat about every 2 hours. I never feel deprived. Yes, my snack totals are usually the highest 'meal' category in my daily food log, but that's ok by me.

Typical - wake - coffee
    breakfast 2 hrs later
    Snack 2 hrs later (pear, apple, almonds)
    lunch
    snack 2 hrs later (fruit, popcorn, chocolate, latte)
    dinner
    snack
    snack
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Three meals and one snack in the evening
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    3 meals and 3 snacks
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I feel like it. I just make sure that I don't go over in calories.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner lol
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    2 Meals. And various small snacks throughout the day like almonds, fruits, etc. I simply eat meals when I am hungry which is around 11:45am and 6:45pm. Otherwise, small snacks when I feel peckish.

When I go to the gym, I try to have a small breakfast high in protein, so those days I guess 3 meals. Eating breakfast does tend to make me feel hungrier throughout the day though.