Mcdonalds...

Options

Replies

• jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Tonight I didn't buy the huge bag of Mrs. Baird's powdered donuts. I just looked at them longingly, caressed the bag a little bit, sighed sadly, and walked away.
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can't even drive by McDonald's - the weird thing is that I don't like it, I just crave it. and then I eat it and im like eugh gross!!

What I'm struggling with, but still doing brilliantly at (20 days and counting!) is not drinking diet coke. I have been craving it really badly for about 4 days now and I live above a shop and there's a shop opposite my flat!! It's torture, but I've been replacing it with flavoured water instead and I'm so proud :D
  • krissycupicake
    Options
    If you ever wanna kick the mcdonald's habit, work there. As someone who is currently employed with mcdonald's for the last year and a half, I can honestly say I can count on one hand the things I would still eat. Or, if you don't want to submit yourself to that level of self-hatred, give the arches up for a month. I swear to Jesus, the next time you have it, you will feel physically ill. The fruit and walnut salads, or fruit parfaits are the only thing I would eat on a regular basis. Seriously, give up McDanks. I know it sounds weird coming from someone who works there, but I promise, as someone who sees all the grease and fat everyday, you will be doing yourself a hugeeeeeeeeeee favor!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    They keep delicious oatmeal cream cookies at all times at my work...the little lard bombs are 170 cals apiece and I used to have at least one a night. Now I almost never have them, and when I do, I make sure it fits in my cals.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When one of the bosses came around our work training with peanut butter cupcakes. I basically gave myself a 'get out of jail free' card whilst I was overseas, and I promised myself that I would lose the 8 pounds I gained back whilst overseas, once I got back.

I tell you I was EXTREMELY tempted. PB anything is my weakness. But just like I predicted, I felt proud of myself when I turned it down, instead of the guilt I would have felt after eating it!!

Also Maccas has always been a place that i avoid like the plague. It personally makes me wanna barf, but I used to have a grand old time going once in a while to binge on their ice-cream and fries in secret. Not a proud moment, hence the negative connotations with the place...
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be really proud of yourself!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    places like mcdonalds is comparable to a crack house to me .. it was a huge contributor as to why i once tipped the scales at 300lbs ..my life has gotten better but really it was like coming off a drug when i realized i needed to stay away from fast food places and chain restaurants
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank is amazing! My boyfriend and son love McDonalds. When I tag along with them, I usually can't resist the fries lol. BUT..I go to McDonalds drive-way almost everyday for the Yogurt Parfait..It's so delicious! Your right about the- Semi-Healthy though! It has a pretty high amount of sugar. My doctor told me when I first started loosing weight to stay under 12 grams on sugar..That has like 23! Good job though! :)
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    There are cookies in the house right now and I skipped the beer and s'mores on a recent camping trip. In fact, we had leftover Hershey's bars for weeks after the camping trip. None of this would have happened last spring! Still don't know how I am passing up chocolate.....

PS I drove through McD"s for a $1 coffee yesterday and saw that (at least one of) our local stores now posts calories. Wow! That's handy!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    My new "healthy" fast food is a chicken and veggie pita from The Pita Pit.

I'm so jealous, you don't even know. I went to school in Rochester and ate Pita Pit almost every day. Damn I love pita pit.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My new "healthy" fast food is a chicken and veggie pita from The Pita Pit.

I'm so jealous, you don't even know. I went to school in Rochester and ate Pita Pit almost every day. Damn I love pita pit.

It is awesome. I just discovered it in the last year. There is a Subway in the same plaza and I just drive by there and shake my head.
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My new favorite part of Mc Donalds is that they are putting the calories on the menu! I went to the drive thru because I was starving and just had to pull away. I couldn't find anything that fit in my cals with out costing me an extra hour of exercise. No thanks. If I go there now I get an Ice cream cone as a treat, one of the lowest cal items on the menu! I'll take 150 for a cone over 500 for a double any day!
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Yesterday, before work, I really just wanted to go to Starbucks for some coffee (filled with all kinds of calories and sugars)! I made myself late on purpose, so I didn't have time to stop. Somehow, traffic wasn't as bad as I expected, so passing a gas station, I almost stopped in really quick for a cappuccino. But then I drove past it. I got to work....we have a little food shop. I just made myself busy for the first couple of hours, so when I looked up at the clock, I said "It's 10 am....too late for coffee now!" Hahah! I don't even like coffee or cappuccinos!! I just have this habit of getting them!
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    I cant go in that place without getting that grilled ranch BLT. God it will be the death of me! I need some of your will power!
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication. I work for a doctors office that has lunch catered in most days. I have no idea what we will have until it gets here. Yesterday was poboys and salad. I by passed the trays of fried shrimp, fried chicken and greasy cheeseburger poboys and just made a heaping plate of salad with grilled chicken and did not feel deprived at all. By the way the fruit and yogurt parfaits are pretty yummy! Good luck with your journey!
  • lorrainzander
    lorrainzander Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your healthy, balanced victory! I am loving this thread and all of the small success stories. Soon, all of these small victories will turn in to one giant one!

One of my small victories in the last 2 1/2 weeks has been to not eat the baked goods I make for the guests who stay at our Inn. Let me tell you, it was not easy resisting the chocolate chip, cranberry, pumpkin muffins! Yeah and yeah for everyone else!
  • blpasquarella
    blpasquarella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great story! Very impressive. I love the smells of those places, but that's as close as I can get before I'm in a danger zone haha.

Somewhat similar.. Last weekend I was at my boyfriends for the weekend.

At dinner, he had a chicken burger and fries while I had a salad. I'd ordered soup as well, but they told me as they served our food that they'd run out.

After dinner I wanted to stop at a bulk foods place to grab something healthy to snack on later as I knew the salad wouldn't last too long. When I got my snack, the man got about a pound of turtle chocolates. We stopped at a gas station, where he got something called "Macaroon Madness Bars", some sort of delicious looking squares from a local bakery.

I stayed at his place the entire weekend, and watched him eat every single square and turtle and didn't touch even one! I could not believe myself! Quite proud.

Oh gosh, girl, I am there with you. My boyfriend is a human garbage can! All he eats is pizza and pizza rolls, ice cream, candy, and the worst: he constantly keeps rolls of cookie dough in the fridge because he likes to eat them raw!!!!

And he's not fat at all! He's in great shape and he doesn't even work out.

And we live together! So it's a constant struggle, but I don't give in very often.

I just sit next to him eating my oatmeal while he chows down on a roll of cookie dough. -_____-

I'm not always the happiest about it. Sometimes I complain, but I'm willing to sacrifice those things for my health!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    And he's not fat at all! He's in great shape and he doesn't even work out.

Yeah, wait a few years, that will change.
  • Jeannieadkins
    Options
    I have never been big on McDonald's. Even when my girls were small. I started my get healthy and lose weight permanently, about seven weeks ago. I am using Xygular products, which works for me. I am down 20 lbs. I did go through the drive through of McDonald's a couple of times. I love their chicken selects and got the three strips with a side salad with ff dressing. I know I can not do that often but it didn't harm my weight loss. The way I have been able to battle my craving for chicken with coating is to use hot sauce and I did that with my chicken selects, too (that is what got me started). Now I pack my lunch, love my own garden salads and make a chicken breast (4oz Perdue's) and use hot sauce. I still haven't found any light or ff dressings that I like. So I use a lemon, 1 T. oil & vinegar.

However, if on occasion I have to stop for lunch, I would do it again. Limiting this along with calorie counting, watching carbs, etc is what works for me. :smile:
  • blpasquarella
    blpasquarella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    delete! (sorry it went through twice! oops.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!