Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've also decided on doing the Shred Shred Cardio Shred Shred Cardio Rest routine. :)
  • forrolouise
    forrolouise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday so I'm in!!! I watched the recommendations part yesterday and I thought she said to do the workout everyday which I found unusual. Should I take off every 3rd day? 4th day? Advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

I read on a different 30 Day Shred thread on MFP that on a podcast she states that it should really be SHRED SHRED CARDIO SHRED SHRED CARDIO REST. I'm doing it the full 30 days through though.

This is true. It was on the podcast.

No rest days = no muscle gains
    THe more I thought about it last night I decided to follow the SHRED SHRED CARDIO SHRED SHRED CARDIO REST routine as well!! :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I just started yesterday so I'm in!!! I watched the recommendations part yesterday and I thought she said to do the workout everyday which I found unusual. Should I take off every 3rd day? 4th day? Advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

I read on a different 30 Day Shred thread on MFP that on a podcast she states that it should really be SHRED SHRED CARDIO SHRED SHRED CARDIO REST. I'm doing it the full 30 days through though.

This is true. It was on the podcast.

No rest days = no muscle gains
    THe more I thought about it last night I decided to follow the SHRED SHRED CARDIO SHRED SHRED CARDIO REST routine as well!! :)

Yay now we can both do it :D
  • forrolouise
    forrolouise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Whoa, I weighed this morning and I am 2 lb lighter! I know it's mostly water weight that I lost (especially since it's this time of the month) but who cares. It motivates me, so I'm glad.
    I'm almost looking forward to exercising tonight. Who knew?

Sounds awesome :D That reminds me that I need to get my water intake up! Lol

I swear that drinking enough water is one of my hardest obstacles! I'm going to have to resort to setting a timer and chugging down some aqua......just kidding.....kinda :)
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    Just finished day 5, level 1! I wasn't too motivated earlier this morning, but then I came here and read everyone's posts and went and got on my workout clothes! I am starting to feel so much stronger pushing through the workout! :) Yay!
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh me! I do! Good luck with it (:

I'm going to start today and hopefully I can stick with it for the full 30 days.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 level 2 and my knees are sore and the top of my foot is killing me. ( I have also been doing tredmill). I need to figure something out because I want to keep going, but the pain is getting worse. Sore I can live with it motivates me. Adding a limp to my walk not so much. :P I do like the progress I can see though.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I decided to carry on and I honestly feel so much better now that I finished. Day three here I come!

Zephtalah I had the foot problem too when I first started running (a week ago) - I think I read a thread on here that it was mainly because of over using the muscle with plenty of rest, ice, compression and elevation being advised. If using the treadmill perhaps have one walking session on one day then running the next day.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to squeeze in level 1, day 1 tonight, depending on when I get home. I should probably eat...I know my body will need the fuel for when Jillian kicks my butt all around my living room. :laugh: **goes to look for appetite**
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Whoa, I weighed this morning and I am 2 lb lighter! I know it's mostly water weight that I lost (especially since it's this time of the month) but who cares. It motivates me, so I'm glad.

I swear that drinking enough water is one of my hardest obstacles! I'm going to have to resort to setting a timer and chugging down some aqua......just kidding.....kinda :)

I did great during summer. 10 - 12 cups daily if not more. Now that it's cold outside, I don't wanna! Lol
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I am on day 2 level 2 and my knees are sore and the top of my foot is killing me. ( I have also been doing tredmill). I need to figure something out because I want to keep going, but the pain is getting worse. Sore I can live with it motivates me. Adding a limp to my walk not so much. :P I do like the progress I can see though.

Being sore and having pain are two very different things. If your having pain in your knee, then you probably shouldn't push yourself through it. I've decided to do the Shred Shred Cardio Shred Shred Cardio Rest routine. I'm going to see if that will help prevent my leg from getting hurt. Maybe it might help with your knee :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I'm going to try to squeeze in level 1, day 1 tonight, depending on when I get home. I should probably eat...I know my body will need the fuel for when Jillian kicks my butt all around my living room. :laugh: **goes to look for appetite**

Jillian is awesome at kicking your butt! :) And eating before hand is a good idea.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 3 completed!

I upped my weights for the back row and the chest press. Started with 3lbs, but these exercises are easy so I felt I needed a bit more challenge. Today it was 5lbs (it's still not enough for the chest press though, I'm going to try 8lbs next time).
    I might do some cardio tomorrow (swimming), we'll see.

Also, I cut out any crap of my diet. Can't be too restrictive as I still breast-feed my baby. But I'm not waisting weeks of solid exercise by eating junk. So - it's healthy choices now. Yesterday I had the sexiest salad ever (figs, prosciutto, mozzarella, fresh basil, yummy dressing) and fresh papaya with yoghurt for desert. Mmmmm.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 3 completed!

I upped my weights for the back row and the chest press. Started with 3lbs, but these exercises are easy so I felt I needed a bit more challenge. Today it was 5lbs (it's still not enough for the chest press though, I'm going to try 8lbs next time).
    I might do some cardio tomorrow (swimming), we'll see.

Also, I cut out any crap of my diet. Can't be too restrictive as I still breast-feed my baby. But I'm not waisting weeks of solid exercise by eating junk. So - it's healthy choices now. Yesterday I had the sexiest salad ever (figs, prosciutto, mozzarella, fresh basil, yummy dressing) and fresh papaya with yoghurt for desert. Mmmmm.

Yeah, eating healthy is a must. However, having your treats is a must as well. I've found that I actually prefer healthier foods now. In fact, I can't even eat the foods I used to or I get sick anymore. For example: French toast. I LOVE french toast, it's SO yummy. I had some for my Birthday last month and I had it when I went to breakfast with a friend last week, both times I've ended up sick. :\ It kinda sucks, but I'm also grateful for it. It's going to help remind me NOT to eat unhealthy foods like that! :)
  • rebekkalou
    rebekkalou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 3 and love it! I am also walking most days but not logging it unless it is uphill sweatbreaking stuff.

So what is the deal, should it be everyday Shred or not? What does JM recommend?
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 3 and love it! I am also walking most days but not logging it unless it is uphill sweatbreaking stuff.

So what is the deal, should it be everyday Shred or not? What does JM recommend?

I've heard mixed reviews. I've heard she's stated Shred Shred Cardio Shred Shred Cardio Rest as a routine. I'm doing that route.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16, level 2. I'm doing it with 5 and 8 lb weights. Omg! Level 2 is... Interesting, lol lots of plank moves, not my fave, but I've seen a diffrence of over 9 whole body inches! !
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I'm on day 16, level 2. I'm doing it with 5 and 8 lb weights. Omg! Level 2 is... Interesting, lol lots of plank moves, not my fave, but I've seen a diffrence of over 9 whole body inches! !

Yes, it's amazing how much of a difference you can see after just a few days with her workouts! :)
  • krissycupicake
    Options
    Hello :) I started 30 Day Shred Thursday, and couldn't even finish Day one. But I decided to keep going with it, and I'm seriously glad I did :D I took Friday off from the Shred but went to the gym instead, and did day two yesterday. Day three is next on my to-do list today, and I am hoping to find it a little easier than the first two days. I've been reading that by day four, you feel much stronger and the cardio won't be as hard as it was on day one :) I hate push-ups, and have been doing the modified ones so far, because there is no way I can pull off more than two "real" ones without my arms giving out, so working my way up to those! Love Jillian, even when she's kicking my butt, but seriously, by the time I get to punches, I am in that zone, giving everything I can. You just simply want to :) I only have about 28lbs to lose, so I know it's gonna be much harder than if i had 50. I'm excited so many people are starting this all around the same time, dreading Level 2 though! Good luck everyone <3
  • krissycupicake
    Options

I did great during summer. 10 - 12 cups daily if not more. Now that it's cold outside, I don't wanna! Lol

A little tip I actually picked up from the ever sexy Bob Harper was that if you can drink water from a bottle or through a straw, your body doesn't "mind" as much, so you're more likely to drink more of it :) I find at work, I can go through three or four bottles of water no problem, but as soon as it's in an open glass, I don't feel like drinking as much? I don't know, weird how our minds work.