Dear Coworker - please go away!

Options
jessmastrilli
jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
Dear Coworker,

It is your lunch break, why are you using the copier? Shouldn't you be eating lunch? Why have you been standing at the copier for 20 minutes? Why are you constantly hitting buttons the entire time? They make the most irritating beeping noise. I see you all day, and lunch is the only time to get away from you, but yet I am unable to because you are standing by me!

Why do you constantly wear Hawaiian shirts to work? They are not "dressy." Why do you constantly blast bad 80's music all day from 8am - 4pm? Why do you have to lock my office door every end of the work shirt, when I am capable of locking it myself? Why do you always end up behind me when we are coming to work and leaving work (stalker!)? Why do you come into my office before my shift starts and start asking me questions? Why do you have to snap your fingers every time you walk?

Honestly, this is the only reason I hate my job...

Replies

• dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    A girl at work has been messaging me all day about unicorns and dolphins, and some how we broached the subject of blowhole rape.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    A girl at work has been messaging me all day about unicorns and dolphins, and some how we broached the subject of blowhole rape.

^^ouch! be careful, this could lead to sexual harassment if you're not careful!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Dolphins are the rapists of the sea...
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what she said...

Who'd thought, dolphins. Gay rapists
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    That's pretty much what she said...

Who'd thought, dolphins. Gay rapists

They rape PEOPLE...
  • jessmastrilli
    Options
    hahaha I love that my post turned into dolphins and rape.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

It is more interesting than your coworkers.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

It was already kind of about rape.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I feel for you OP, I have a coworker that insists on asking me about her computer problems regardless of whether or not the IT director is sitting 20 feet down the hall and regardless of the fact that I work in a different department that has nothing to do with computers and regardless of the fact that I'm a computer science major drop out (I switched to business for a REASON). This same person blasts 80's music all day while complaining that our monitoring software is blocking her from "reading the news" (i.e. playing games in iwin/iwon).
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he is just an extremely awkward guy with an extremely awkward crush on you. Next time he starts asking you questions, casually slip in something about your boyfriend or fiance, and see how he reacts to it. If he continues to pester you, there is nothing wrong with telling him politely, "you are a nice guy, but the added attention you are giving me is making me uncomfortable." If he still persists, then it's time to quietly bring it to the attention of the the HR department.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    blink
  • jessmastrilli
    Options
    I think he just wants to become a beach bum because he's wearing the Hawaiian shirt right now while blasting The Beach Boys. Maybe I should send him off to the beach for a week.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ... Why do you constantly blast bad 80's music...

Wait, there's BAD 80s music??? :noway:
  • jessmastrilli
    Options

that's the thing though.. I used to like the music, but when he blasts the same CD over and over again EVERY day.. It tends to make you hate the music :explode:
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that thinks hes a cowboy. wears cowboy clothes and shuffles his boots all day. if he walked any slower, he'd be dead. he never ever brushes his teeth and says that apples are natures toothbrush. ehh - never have seen him eat an apple either. he talks non-stop and if you try to walk away, he follows you. i've had to stop, turn around and say "please don't follow me into the bathroom". So, yeah - sometimes i go to the ladies room, just to get away. he was shocked that i have never seen the movie tombstone. his family dresses up like cowboys and watches it every night. and was shocked that we don't dress up and see movies. he was all giddy one day - the day true grit came out, he and his wife took off work to see the first showing - and she surprised him by going home and changing into her cowgirl dress.
    i could go on and on...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that's passive aggressive
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Why do you constantly wear Hawaiian shirts to work? They are not "dressy." Why do you constantly blast bad 80's music all day from 8am - 4pm?

Why are you hating on Jimmy Buffet so much? He's just doing his thing.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options

that's the thing though.. I used to like the music, but when he blasts the same CD over and over again EVERY day.. It tends to make you hate the music :explode:
    BTW I was just kidding 'cause I'm stuck in the 80s myself :glasses:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    This is one of my co-workers

2010-04-06__sc02.jpg
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I saw this title and thought it was Moofey. Where is Moofey? Haven't seen a post in a while.