Calories burned from Insanity Workout?

Options

Replies

• mamacita4life
    mamacita4life Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity. I am on Day 4. OY. Its the hardest thing I have ever done. I am so overweight. But, I am going to keep pushing forward. I didn't think I could do one exercise and I did better then I thought. Yay. Trying to figure out how many calories it burns and wondering why no none has put any info in so we can use it. :ohwell: Day 5 tomorrow. Pure Cardio. Oh lord. I may need a doctor. lol.
  • elizabethaketo85
    Options
    I am getting ready to start the Insanity program this coming week. I was wondering if everyone is using the nutrition guide for their diet or if you are doing things different and how your calorie intake is? Never done a diet where would still lose weight and take in alot of calories but Im told with this you do, Is this right?
  • kirsisv
    kirsisv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The purpose of the nutrition guide is just to guide you. Once you find out what your calorie need is you can work from there. The meals are great suggestions but not to everyone's liking so it's up to you to replace the meal to what you like. The Michi's ladder in the back is very helpful because you learn which are better, healthier choices and you can create your meals from there. I have Insanity and I LOVE IT. I even tried going to a gym for a short period to help me bring up my energy levels after surgery but when I began Insanity again, I realized how much I missed it. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE AND DON'T GIVE UP!!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I bought a Sportline heart rate monitor from Wal-mart for $30, it tracks your calories as you workout. Make sure you get that feature. First month of Insanity I burned 500-700 calories per workout. With the longer workouts in the second month I burned 700 to 980 calories. However, everyone is different from weight, age, and physical ability.

^^this^^

Doing Insanity now and love it!!
  • Sara736
    Sara736 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a timex HRM I don't know how accurate it is compared to other brands but it does have a chest strap along with entering your weight. It said I burned 750 calories doing the pylometric cardio circuit, cardio power & recovery was 650, pure cardio was 625, fit test was 250, cardio recovery was 350. This was my first week of doing it so I rested more then I would of liked to of, plus I have a hard time doing push-ups and I hope they get easier as the weeks go on. I am 5 foot 7 inches and weigh around 165 if that helps anyone.
  • karrleslie
    Options
    Myfitnesspal does not have Insanity on their exercise tool. Can any of you answer on how much the workout burns (roughly for about an hour?)

Thanks. Much appreciate it.
  • moonbai
    moonbai Posts: 16
    Options
    I had to use a heart rate monitor for My Tae Bo PT 24/7 workout and for the body blast dvd I burned 1500 calories 30min workout and for the Combo Sculpt I burned 900 calories the workout program comes with seven dvds so I have to track calories burned for each dvd. I just did the Jillian Michaels Shred it with weights using an 8lb dumbbell its an interval training workout and just doing it for 17mins since I couldn't fit the whole 30 min I still burned 474 calories. For people like us who workout with dvds its best to get a HRM to track our calories burned.
  • katiepool
    katiepool Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started Insanity today! Got my fit test done, and I'm way looking forward to but also dreading the next two months... :) It's great to hear all the feedback about it on here, I don't have a workout partner, and you all are inspiring!
  • alliekins1
    Options
    I just started today. The fit test kiiiiiilled me. But I'm sticking to it, I'm excited to get my hot body;D
  • Flikkeshaug
    Options
    Started Insanity today with the fit test. Excited for the rest of the 60 days! :D
  • JMe1280
    JMe1280 Posts: 1
    Options
    What is everyone's results for Insanity thus far? I start today. I'm excited! All your posts are inspiring. I want to see posts of your results. Post away! :)
  • kelann25
    Options
    Keep in mind as well that whenever you do a workout that utilizes and builds your muscles, calorie burning continues after you complete the workout. Plyometrics (the basis of the Insanity workout) are like a combination of cardio and muscular power.

As well, the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn doing any activity in a day. Think of it like powering a Mini Cooper with gas versus a Hummer. The heart rate monitor is a good guide for calories, but I don't think its entirely accurate.

Keep up the good work.... :)

PS - I start Insanity today - I plan on blogging about it and will post the link here once I get it up.
  • maileeyang1
    maileeyang1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am jealous! I don't know some people could burn so much. I am an Insanity graduate and I am doing my second round. I didn't have a HRM the first time but invested on getting one for the second time. I don't know if my HRM isn't accurate or what. I am on my fourth day of Insanity Round 2 and have not burn more than 400 calories. The most was from Plyometrics with 360 something. I was shock to see that I only burned 69 calories during Cardio Recovery. I could feel that I have more strength, stronger and can push until I gasp for breath. My max heart rate was 200 and my average heart rate is around 154-156. I am short and weigh 120. I don't know if it has anything to do with anything else. Wonder if anyone is having the same experience. : (
  • sam_sb2008
    Options
    Lynn, my suggestion for you just starting out is to follow the Elite Nutrition book-no substitutions. Today will be my 12th day in Insanity and I didn't see any results until I started eating the way it tells you. Fuels your body right for the workouts and very healthy. I haven't tried the Shakeology yet because it's so expensive. Without looking at nutrition, I wasn't able to lose any weight.
  • brittamarie4
    Options
    Shakeology is worth the investment - it is expensive however the nutrients you get from it are incredible... and think of it as purchasing your breakfast for the WHOLE MONTH ... rather than getting a coffee here or a bagel there or out to lunch here etc. Beware of the vegan flavors - they have a weird texture! Chocolate is my favorite.
  • Amhamm22
    Options
    did anyone answer the fitness test question?
  • melisaann89
    Options
    I have tried every diet pill out there and they do not work. I am struggling right now to intake the suggested calories. I do not like the scale at all, though If I look good and feel good that is all that matters to me (muscle weighs more than fat, so the scale might not go down much, but the way we look has changed.
  • vsessions
    Options
    I have been using my fitness pal and have lost 50lbs since Feb. My husband and I are starting insanity tomorrow for the first time. I still count my calories even though I have lost most of the weight but how many calories does a typical workout burn? I hear conflicting stories. I guess I will have to buy one of those gadgets and find out for myself.
  • casasnovas12
    Options
    I finished day 52 of Insanity...I am down 22 pounds after I started MFP and like 10 of them were doing Insanity..my legs became very muscular, still working on the upper body...It appears I gain muscle and lost some fat but I did not follow the nutrition guide to a T...Once I start the second round I will do...I use a Sportsline S7 HRM and some of the numbers on the link that it was posted are similar to mine...