Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    moo moo milk for the win!!!
  • dawnzothegreat
    Options
    Work your way down to skim. I used to drink 2% years ago, switched to 1%, then down to skim. Now I can't drink 2%, it tastes like cream!
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Flax milk..... so good, only 25 calories a cup too.
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk is really good, and there is a really good almond/coconut blend mad by blue diamond!
  • crackdmirror
    crackdmirror Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Flax milk..... so good, only 25 calories a cup too.

I second this. I have nothing against cow's milk (or sheep or goat), but I do really love flax milk.

Buying the sweetened flavored stuff seems counter-intuitive.
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    What about skim milk?
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Why not just drink normal milk? If it's the calories in it then switch to skimmed.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Silk Chocolate Almond milk!
    chocolate-mocha-400.jpg
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Question: Anything better than almond milk?
    Answer: Yes. Real milk, the type that comes from a cow. :huh:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Oat milk is pretty nice and very similar to cows milk.
  • chaosqueen01
    chaosqueen01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much milk you drink in a day, but believe me: Milk is not the reason of getting overweight. I personally drink 1.8% milk (because it works best with my nespresso aerolatte ;)) and I only substitute it by soy milk when I feel bad after drinking milk (I don't think that I'm allergic but sometimes milk and my stomach doesn't work well together).

Really, milk is great, so just drink it and have a look on the calories in total you eat in a day. My trap are crisps and chocolate, yesterday there were about 500kcal for therese things - a small sponge cake, two small bars of chocolate and a Kinder Surprise. 500kcal I could have better left away without missing much.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of curiosity about my post. lol No I am not allergic. I am already fat or I wouldn't be here. I don't really care for Skim milk and I thought I could make a healthier choice by one of the other types of milk. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It is much appreciated. Have a great weekend! :laugh:

I do skim milk. I use to drink a cup or two of regular milk every day. I switched to 2% when my childrens doctor recommended it to cut some of the fat from their diets. I suppose that is why it wasn't so hard for me to switch to skim when I did. I was already half way there!

Have you tried 2%? If not, I would go that route for a while then try to switch to skim. Just a thought.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut out milk. It provides valuable calcium and other nutrients and I wouldn't class it as an unhealthy food.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I just bought some unsweetened Quinoa milk, and it is tasty!!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I miss milk so badly. I swore that this time when I started a diet (hopefully the last diet of my life) that I was not going to give up taste for calories. So far it is working great for me but I MISS MILK! I bought Almond milk, unsweetened and it is pretty bad. Tastes nothing like milk. I had to put a gob of Truvia in it just to get down one cup. Has anyone tried anything better. There are so many kinds out there but they are so expensive I hate to waste the money "testing" them. Thanks in advance for your help and Good Luck to us all in our journey!

So drink milk. Problem solved.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    but I do really love flax milk.

Why thank you! :laugh:

I obviously am partial to flax milk myself.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hazelnut milk. So yummy!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's a 'milk' made from everything now! lol. I prefer soy milk, personally. If you are worried about calories than get the unsweetened kind, it really brings down the numbers.
  • SarahJCotton
    Options
    Skimmed milk tastes fine once you get used to it, I've been drinking it for about a year and it tastes completely normal to me now. When I first started it was a bit like drinking dish water but you soon become accustomed!! :)
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Try Blue Diamond's unsweetened vanilla flavoured or chocolate flavoured almond milk. Those two are seriously amazing and don't taste as bland as plain unsweetened almond milk. Also, I try to add almond milk into cereal or substitute it into recipes..

I use this blue diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and it is really good!! I use it in cereal. For years I would not eat cereal cause I couldn't handle milk of any kind, then I found this a month ago...I LOVE IT!!