Weird question but...

Options

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Mostly anger. And I hate that I cry when I'm angry, so that makes me angrier, and I cry even more! :cry:

Emergency Vets on Animal Planet used to make me blub like a baby, though. I cried all the time watching that, but only once while working at a vet's. I remember my husband coming home and I was on the couch in tears, and he asked, "What's wrong?" "The sugar glider died!" "What's a sugar glider?" "I don't even knooooooowwwww!!!!!!" :sad:

And Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt gets me every single frickin' time. :cry:

Haha, the "I don't even knooooow!" made me laugh :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I never used to cry until I let Christ into my heart. Now I cry for all sorts of reasons but its like the type of tears that Christ is squeezing my heart just enough to flow tears.

Good for you :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was a child I had a stepfather and he was a sociopath and he completely betrayed me and abused me. When ever I think about anything related to that I start to instantly tear up (and it surprises me every time that I can still react so strongly to it). I also know someone who lost their spouse (they had children together) and when I think about their loss I start to cry (they don't know that I have that reaction, it happens when I am not with them at the time).
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I cry when someone dies in a movie/cartoon/videogame...... -_-'

Because you're attached, I think it's pretty cool :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    When I was a child I had a stepfather and he was a sociopath and he completely betrayed me and abused me. When ever I think about anything related to that I start to instantly tear up (and it surprises me every time that I can still react so strongly to it). I also know someone who lost their spouse (they had children together) and when I think about their loss I start to cry (they don't know that I have that reaction, it happens when I am not with them at the time).

Once again, that's a pretty extreme example, and I think your reaction is totally normal (and probably healthy), and I'm very sorry you had to experience that (for what my being sorry is worth).
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm more likely to cry when I am frustrated or exhausted than from sadness. Never realized that before.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I'm more likely to cry when I am frustrated or exhausted than from sadness. Never realized that before.

Kinda knew it before but fully realized it today myself :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My periods have never been an issue, but I have also been on birth control for the last 4 years. I got off of birth control a couple months ago and my periods are just awful. I get really emotional and upset for stupid reasons... it starts like a week before I even start my period. At least I can blame **** on my period now. lol.

But anyway I cry when I'm sad. Not when I'm tired. At least I have never noticed crying more when I'm tired...

There are also some songs that make me cry. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam... and that song by Everclear? Father of mine or whatever it's called.
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    i cry when i'm frustrated or tired (usually a combination of both) but i also cry when i am sad

This is me. Frustration, sleepy, or sad.
  • medibrat
    Options
    I work an extremely high stress job. I see people at their worst, I sometimes have to be the bearer of the worst news imaginable, and sometimes I am the last face someone ever sees.

What makes me cry? Commercials at Christmas, sappy-arsed love stories, watching my dogs get old, weddings and Amazing Grace. The sound of bagpipes, an incredibly beautiful sunrise/sunset, a genuine, unexpected compliment or thank you. All exponentially worse the more sleep deprived that I am.
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Everything.

Sad/happy movies, TV shows, books, commercials.
    Hormones, tiredness, stress, happiness, pride.

I cry over everything. I am a big, sappy mess.
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    Films about people/animals dying or love stories or things not going the way they should
    Books - see above
    Adverts
    And just recently because i'm getting mega jealous about my friends annoucing their baby news when i want another baby really badly! (Yes i know i should be grateful because i have a beautiful little 2 year old girl but i REALLY want another baby!!!)
    Said daughter doing something cute or clever has me filling up!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Listening to the songs "What Sarah Said" or "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie. I cannot get through either of these songs without bawling.

I am pregnant and before I was pregnant, I never wanted to have kids. I am excited about having the baby now. I will sit and read baby books and just cry and cry because I think of how great it's going to be to have a kid. I was watching some videos the other day on natural birth, and I cried when the babies came out.

I have also cried during Edward Scissorhands, Titanic, The Green Mile and a few episodes of House.
  • antonyheaven
    antonyheaven Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I most often cry when I feel empathy - especially in films - leaking and stress relief I guess
    Personal loss - the death of someone close to me makes me sob with heartbreaking sadness
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    My periods have never been an issue, but I have also been on birth control for the last 4 years. I got off of birth control a couple months ago and my periods are just awful. I get really emotional and upset for stupid reasons... it starts like a week before I even start my period. At least I can blame **** on my period now. lol.

But anyway I cry when I'm sad. Not when I'm tired. At least I have never noticed crying more when I'm tired...

There are also some songs that make me cry. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam... and that song by Everclear? Father of mine or whatever it's called.

Well I guess some people are bound to cry when they're sad lol seems logical! ;)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I work an extremely high stress job. I see people at their worst, I sometimes have to be the bearer of the worst news imaginable, and sometimes I am the last face someone ever sees.

What makes me cry? Commercials at Christmas, sappy-arsed love stories, watching my dogs get old, weddings and Amazing Grace. The sound of bagpipes, an incredibly beautiful sunrise/sunset, a genuine, unexpected compliment or thank you. All exponentially worse the more sleep deprived that I am.

I think that's great you are still sensitive to pretty things in life when you have such a tough job though :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm not a crier either. The only place I cry is my therapist office. Oh.... And blue valentine and Timothy Greene. Those two movies tore me up. Lol
    I get urges too when I'm stressed but just don't do it.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Films about people/animals dying or love stories or things not going the way they should
    Books - see above
    Adverts
    And just recently because i'm getting mega jealous about my friends annoucing their baby news when i want another baby really badly! (Yes i know i should be grateful because i have a beautiful little 2 year old girl but i REALLY want another baby!!!)
    Said daughter doing something cute or clever has me filling up!

Crossing my fingers for you then! :)
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I think that we're all probably wired differently. I cry really easily, even at adverts. I guess that I'm just really over sensitive. Sometimes I wish that I didn't cry so easily as it's not always appropriate but I really cannot control it. However, it does always tend to be at sad, moving or poignant things; I don't tend to cry when happy!
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Listening to the songs "What Sarah Said" or "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie. I cannot get through either of these songs without bawling.

I am pregnant and before I was pregnant, I never wanted to have kids. I am excited about having the baby now. I will sit and read baby books and just cry and cry because I think of how great it's going to be to have a kid. I was watching some videos the other day on natural birth, and I cried when the babies came out.

I have also cried during Edward Scissorhands, Titanic, The Green Mile and a few episodes of House.

Congrats for the baby! :)

(love the songs btw)