What habits have you kicked?!

Options
Hey, I'm Tyra. I used to eat King Size Reese Fast Breaks for breakfast. I would give myself the excuse, "Hey, it's peanut butter, and that is protein!" I've kicked that habit. What did you used to do? or still struggle with?

I have a weakness for cream cheese... and especially Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers. I used to eat an entire box of TGIF or Kroger brand in one to two sittings... but usually within one day. about 250 calories every 3 poppers.... a whole box is about 5 or 6 servings... you do that math. HELLO WEIGHT!

Replies

• 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    Lots that I am trying to break and have succeeded for the most part:
    1. Eating an entire box of Mac N Cheese
    2. Soda drinking of any kind
    3. Night time binging
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Ice cream...some one failed to tell me a 1/2 gallon WAS NOT a single serving.
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Smoking January 4,2012
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    SODA! I used to drink 6-8 cans of soda a day and I drank nothing else at all. I have not had a soda since June 19th when I started this. Have no plans of drinking it again. I know it's not the devil but it's something I didn't have the will power to control so it is a no no for me.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Awesome!! I also almost got into smoking for a while. I would smoke off and on for about a month and then quit from ages 12 to 19. I'm nineteen and haven't smoked in probably a half year. I have no desire anymore. I was a social smoker.

I work at McDonald's and I have a hard time saying no to a free meal. Hey, I'm a broke college kid.

OH. And I absolutely just love cheese. did I mention that? Mac and cheese, cream cheese, nacho cheese, bosco sticks.... I've at one point thought I could be lactose intolerant and that just breaks my heart.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I'm also pretty bad with the soda. And I absolutely love pickles. I could eat a whole jar on one sitting. It's a vegetable... but with lots of sodium. hahaha.
  • mariieexo
    Options
    habits i've kicked since living a healthier life eating/exercise wise-

-not drinking water daily
    -skipping breakfast
    -only using elliptical machines at the gym
    -occasionally drinking

habits i'm trying to kick-

-diet soda (doing good with this)
    -binge eating (ughh -___-)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    freakin' SNACKING in the nighttime!!! it was killing my conscious and my diet. since the beginning of September i've only had night time snacks maybe 10 times if i count alcohol when i go out (success compared to snacking every night)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Eating a BOX of mac and cheese for lunch with extra shredded cheese (What? Lactose Intolerant girls love cheese!) :love:
    Baking a cake for NO REASON and frosting it and eating it in one day.
    Having fries with each fast food meal. I've really come to enjoy the alternatives from green beans at Popeye's to chili at Wendy's to Broccoli at Chili's (I consider them fast food...)
    Drinking super sugary sweet tea. I can do JUST lemon in my unsweetened tea now! :bigsmile:
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Aside from a treat here and there, I am totally sugar-free--

I was so addicted it was stupid.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I smoked 2 packs a day for 23 years....quit 2 years ago and haven't missed it at all :happy:
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I actually don't drink as much pop as I used to. I used to drink three or four pops a day. I still guess I do that if I get one at McDonald's... okay. Just kidding. I haven't kicked that habit. But I try to drink a lot more water now. haha.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Eating a BOX of mac and cheese for lunch with extra shredded cheese (What? Lactose Intolerant girls love cheese!) :love:
    Baking a cake for NO REASON and frosting it and eating it in one day.
    Having fries with each fast food meal. I've really come to enjoy the alternatives from green beans at Popeye's to chili at Wendy's to Broccoli at Chili's (I consider them fast food...)
    Drinking super sugary sweet tea. I can do JUST lemon in my unsweetened tea now! :bigsmile:

Haha. I used to make homemade macaroni and cheese and use an entire block of mild cheddar. I would have added more if I hadn't used it all. haha.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    every now and then I get a craving for raspberry Twizzlers...I will buy a BIG bag and then eat them all...It doesn't raise my blood suger by very much, and only makes the scale go up one lb...it is, however about 1100 cals....for the most part tho, I have quit other candy products...I have a thing for Reeses...and avoid them at all costs...if I have it available, I can't stop..actually, I seem to have that problem with the Twizzlers, don't I...LOL

oh yeh, I used to drink a lot of diet coke....and have quit that and now drink orange juice when I go out to dinner...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The last time I said I was going to lose weight, I would wake up in the morning and do exactly what I was supposed to. But when the night time came, I would just start eating ....and eating....and eating. Then I would say to myself, "Its ok...I'll start tomorrow."....and I would wake up in the morning and do the same thing....and say the same thing.

It was a tough habit to break....took 6 months, but it stopped when I came here. Now I do what I am supposed to do from the time I wake up till I go to bed. Not saying I am perfect, but I don't make excuses anymore.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    first was smoking but that was Jan 1978
    Drinking after 40 years on May 22 2008
    Bacon Pepperoni and all other processed meats
    Most All sugar products
    and Inactivity and avoiding exercise like it could kill me

turns out avoiding exercise was killing me now I exercise
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Now here I am... making homemade mac and cheese and drinking a diet coke... but there are oatmeal chocolate chip cookies on the table and I am not eating them! NSV!!! hahaha.
  • rockingranny45
    rockingranny45 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The main thing i gave up was pepsi. I no longer drink any carbonated drinks. Also potatoe chips i am so addicted to salt and vinegar lays. I now only have a few every once in awhile.
  • adlawham
    Options
    Eating out basically everyday. It packed on the pounds FAST.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I gave up making excuses about why I couldn't do this.