• MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    2001 Silver Honda Accord.
    R.I.P.
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    A Nissan Pulsar Turbo...Silver. I think it was a 1981..loved that car!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember what type mine was. My father bought it for me as a graduation present. With MY graduation money... :laugh: -- boy was I stupid. :grumble: It took him about 2 to 3 months to get it to work. He hauled it down to Tennessee to bring it to me. It lasted less than a week. It stayed broke down in mine and my mother's front yard for several months before we found someone who bought it for parts. :angry:
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    A 1987 Honda Civic Hatch back
    picture474.jpg
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    First car I drove was a 1970 Chevy Townsman Station Wagon with no power steering and no power brakes.
    1972_Chevrolet_Townsman_Six_Passenger_Wagon_For_Sale_Rear_resize-717544.jpg

The first car I owned was a hand me down from my Dad, a 14 year old 1990 Toyota Corolla.
    10125-500x500.JPG
    It still miss the rubber bumpers on that car. I coulld squeeze into a spot on the street with only 8" left over.

Stupid body color bumpers are just bad design. The nick if you look at them crooked and they want to replace the whole dang thing instead of touching up an area.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    My parents gave me a '79 Pinto for graduation.

[img]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk190/tryclyn/Get Healthy/firstcar1.jpg[/img]
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    '69 Firebird
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    1984 Pontiac Bonneville. She was OK, but my Dad did not bother to teach me about oil changes, so when the oil light came on, he told me not to worry the idle was low. :noway: Turns out the oil pump had stopped working. Mechanic said to drive it until it stops and abandon it.

My favorite was my second car, The Beast, that later became The Beast that ate a Chevette. 1983 Pontiac Grand Prix. Prior owner had souped it up all nice, and she didn't purr, she roared. Fan-damn-tastic.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    A red 2002 Honda Civic coupe. I loved her. Named her Lola.

Lola was murdered (and I nearly was) by a d-bag in a truck who didn't know how to merge. RIP Lola.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    '65 Mustang that my grandpa had driven since it was new. I got it when I turned 16, in 1973.

Mustang_65_wallpaper.jpg

My second car was a '69 Mustang, which is still the favorite car I ever had.
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My first car was a 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT Red.. Friggin LOVED that car. How i never died in it is beyond me.:love:
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    no pic, but a 1979 Chevy Monza that did 110 mph in a quarter of a mile... I loved my first car.
    NO WAY! I was thinking no one had a Monza!! Mine was brown inside and out. I bought it wanting a yellow one (salesman siad they couldn't get. A month or so later guess what was on the lot??? grrr What color was your? Loved that car! Drove it until the wheels bout fell off!:laugh:
  • melissa5604
    Options
    1977 Toyota Celica, Gold .
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    no pic, but a 1979 Chevy Monza that did 110 mph in a quarter of a mile... I loved my first car.
    NO WAY! I was thinking no one had a Monza!! Mine was brown inside and out. I bought it wanting a yellow one (salesman siad they couldn't get. A month or so later guess what was on the lot??? grrr What color was your? Loved that car! Drove it until the wheels bout fell off!:laugh:

Mine was second hand. I absolutely LOVED that car and cried like a baby when it could no longer be fixed. It was Red interior and black exterior.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    1986 White (with rust) VW Jetta. I loved that car!
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My first car was a fiat convertiable that my parents bought me when I was 16. I loved that car!!!!!!
  • danthomson56
    Options
    1977 VW Rabbit Brown with custom pin striping. Loved that car. Had 2 more VW Jetta's right after that, then decided to buy American made.
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    95 Dodge Neon 4 door, dodge forest green, with both bumpers bent in, airbags deployed, Door panel on the right door was missing (I opened the door by pulling the rod back). Right headlight (which, the headlights themselves were yellowed out) was held on by twine. Left headlight was held on by ducktape. Left blinker light didnt work, and right blinker light was superglued. No a-c and it had an oil leak at the rate of about a quart a week (which was convenient as I never had to do an oil change).

My dad sold it to me like that for 500 bucks.
    What I did to it:

Majorly dented in roof from when me and 3 others decided it was a -great- idea to sit atop it at the drive in. One time I locked my keys in my car, so a friend tried to get in through the trunk with a screwdriver, and completely obliterated the lock and frame on the door. I developed a crack on the grill, and had an everlasting radiator problem from when I decided it was smart to push (with the car) a 3/4 ton 1970's Ford into the gas station because it was out of gas. The grill lined up perfectly with the hitch. My logic with this was that If I put enough towels on my grill, it wouldnt hurt it at all! I was 18 when that happened, and been driving for about 9 months. I put mud wipers on it because I thought they look cool, even though I had no idea they were mud wipers haha. Aand, while delivering papers, I sat on the door frame when getting into the car and game myself a recurring bubble cyst on my tailbone that lasted 2 years.

I should mention that I also used it to escape into the backwoods- off roading, somewhat- of the Timoteo Canyon to make out with chicks. Also, I lived in it for about 8 months. So, it is safe to say that I definitely used my first car for all it was worth. Good times, good times.

*Edited for the first part.
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Bright yellow 69 camaro that I found on the side of the road with a blown motor.
    I was 15 and got it for 2k and dad and I rebuilt the 396. Still miss it
  • B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1971 Chevy Vega 2-door sedan, turquoise blue. Probably the most awful vehicle on the planet, but I loved it, porous aluminum block and all. Totalled it in an ice storm on my way back to college after winter break. I was supposed to bring it back to the dealer the following week to have the block replaced under warranty. I was devastated.:sad: