Women in their 30s with children please!

Options
Can't seem to find many friends on here. Just need some support and motivation with women in pretty much the same boat as me. Don't have a lot to lose, 50 pounds, but words of advice are nice. Little tips and tricks. You know? I'm Shannon and I'm 34. :laugh:

Replies

• nmleisa
    nmleisa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm 34 with two kiddos, 6 and 17-months :)
  • Angelien73
    Angelien73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm working hard to really get back in shape.
    After heaving 2 kids i gained 8 kg. I'm glad I get that ringbell in my head that this was not the way i wanted to be. So i changed my lifestyle.

Length 5"25 (1.60 cm)
    CW: 119 (54 kg)
    Goal: to be fit and toned

From 68 kg to 54 kg in 1,5 year
    So i lost 14 kg

I am determined to get rid of all my fat on my leggs.
    I will get what i want someday soon!!
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like I am 34, 2 kids age 10 and 5 :o))
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    Hi there ladies. I am turning 30 this year and am a single mother to 3 beautiful girls; 10, 8, and 3. We function as a team of four in order to help each other reach our dreams and goals. I am a figure competitor, full time gang officer, and I serve in the US Army Reserve. I coach my daughter's volleyball team and teach them about health and fitness every chance I get. I am finishing my Personal Training Certification soon, and love nothing more than to help others on here, and in real life, by holding them accountable and doing some "excuse busting". :-) Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 36 and have 4 kids (9,6,4,2). I only have about 15 lbs to lose but I'm having a really tough time juggling it all right now. More friends in the same boat would be super helpful!
  • pastabelly
    pastabelly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Same boat as the rest of you. 36yo with 2 toddlers ages 1 and 3, its a daily struggle trying to find some me time to exercise and stay motiviated between the kids and work and everything else.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request if you want. Just turned 35, 4 kids, still have about 10 or so to lose. :happy:
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can add me- I'm just about 29 with 2 preschoolers- started off here with 20 to lose, I love my MFP community!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can add me too... I am 38 single mother of twins( they are almost 11). I have 15 pounds to lose....I workout hard but not losing anything.. I love to motivate and be supportive too. we are all here for a reason lets share best practices. : )
  • hmorrish
    hmorrish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 32 and have a 17month old little girl. I have about 50lb to lose too.
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    I'm 30 with 3 kids. I'm a SAHM and student! Pretty soon I will have a career and will be even busier than ever. It's amazing how ur metabolism starts to slow down after having kids! I'm still trying to get back. Feel free to add me.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a 37 year old SAHM to our beautiful daughter. I log everyday. I have about 80 pounds to go. You can do this!
  • rhondals
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm 31 with one very energetic 6yr old.
  • natashiaredman
    natashiaredman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. 38 year old mum of 4 boys :)
  • nathanellamom
    Options
    hello i am am colleen a 36 yo mom of 2 kids 8 and 12. feel free to add me i have and open food journal
  • stormhl
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am 36 with 3 boys. Just looking to lose that unwanted 10-15 lbs. Its sometimes hard to stay motivated and diligent with exercise.
  • committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm turning 30 in a few months and I am a single mother with a two year old boy. I'm trying hard to lose about 70 lbs and it is tough to find time between work and the kiddo. I've found it especially hard because I used to work out a gym, but I can't do that anymore because I can't afford it (kids cost too much!) and I also don't have anyone to watch my son while I work out. I'm learning to make do with walks, going to the park, doing exercise videos and I just got a used elliptical to help me out. We can do this - there's always a way!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon (and everyone else) I'm 35 and a mum of a 3 year old boy and a 17 month old girl.

I've lost about 45lbs since my daughter was born last May and would like to lose another 15-20lbs.

Feel free to add me.
  • nielsen4fam
    nielsen4fam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would love to have some MFP pals on here! :D Please add me if you would like :)