how many jean sizes did you lose in 6 weeks?

Options
Hello all!!

I have a wedding to attend in exactly 6 weeks and I really want to lose at least 2 sizes before it. Is that even possible? What did you lose in 6 weeks and what were you doing?
Thanks for your answers.

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Probably none or at most 1. It takes about 10lbs or more to lose a jean size, at least that's been my experience. 20lbs in 6weeks is pretty big goal.. Then again everyone is different.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I lost one size in 7 weeks (and 13 lbs). I think it takes 10-15 lbs to drop down a size.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i lost none.... it took me till 4-5 month to lose a size and 10 lbs.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Um.. none?
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Um.. none?

same.
    And since I bought these jeans, (same size I wore in HS:smile: ) I have actually gained 10 lbs. And they still fit perfectly.
  • Nfairley
    Options
    I've lost about 30 and I'm not even down a size yet...definitely looser, but I wouldn't gamble on a smaller size for myself yet. I'm a size 18. I've posed this question before and it seems that women in bigger sizes like myself have to lose more to go down a size. To be honest, I KNOW I can squeeze a lot into my pants!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I still haven't lost a size. I am close though.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    None. It's gonna be 7 weeks tomorrow, I'm down 14 lbs but I have yet to lose a pant size. You can't predict if you'll lose inches in your waist, thighs, but any other body part.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds and still haven't budged down into the next size. the current size is excessively baggy, but the way jeans are made now the thigh and calf are way to painful in the next size down.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Looking at my daily calendar I write every morning's weights into, I was 207lbs 6 weeks ago. This morning, I'm 194.9. I was a US 16 then, and now I'm a comfortable 14.

Depends on body type, activity level, sticking to your dietary needs. If you have a lot of weight to lose, it "could" happen, but I wouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Just do it healthily and it'll come off eventually. I've never put a date on my weight loss goals because I find that it stresses me out too much. I have the rest of my life to be healthy, and that mindset has put me at ease quite a bit.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 12 months to lose 4 jeans size so about 3 months per size :flowerforyou:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    1 size in 8 weeks.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 and I'm not even down a size yet...definitely looser, but I wouldn't gamble on a smaller size for myself yet. I'm a size 18. I've posed this question before and it seems that women in bigger sizes like myself have to lose more to go down a size. To be honest, I KNOW I can squeeze a lot into my pants!

Exactly my experience. I have lost 24 and wear the same jeans. But, where once they weren't comfortable until I had worn them a day, now they are only good right out of the dryer then they get too loose.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on your body shape. i'm more ruler shaped so i'd imagine pear shapes lose pants size differently than me. i've been averaging 1 pant size loss per month for a few months. but before then i barely saw any change in size.

keep in mind that the larger you are, the bigger difference there is between sizes for most brand. so going from a size 6 to a size 4 means losing an inch but going from a size 26 to 24 means losing 1.5-2 inches
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm down 24 lbs and have gone down a size, but it also depends on who and how it's made. This has taken me a couple of months too though. If you lose it the right way it won't happen that quickly. Typically if you lose it fast then you will likely gain it back....at least that's been my experience.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost roughly a size for every stone (14lbs). I lose on average 1-2lbs a week, so it takes around 10 weeks to go down a dress size.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    In my case 15 kg ment 2,5 sizes and it took me aproximately half a year so I guess in six weeks you can't really loose even a size ... but maybe it depands how much you have to loose.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    0 and it's been 21 weeks... *rolls eyes*

I lose from the top first...
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was able to go from wearing a size 7 to a size 2 in about 6 months, so I would say it took me about 5 weeks per size jean there. Good luck to you! :) Every pound counts, don't forget that - you will look better and better regardless of what size shirt you're wearing as the pounds roll off! (er.... until you're done losing, of course :)
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you count sizes. If you are saying that from a 10 to an 8 is one size probably not. If you are saying it is 2 sizes, maybe. It depends on whether you have a lot of toning to do and how much you are willing to devote to faithful calorie deficit and exercise. It takes time to do it right and keep it off. If you rush it, you may feel too deprived and end up not being able to stick with it and possibly gaining it all back. The best way is just to adopt a healthy lifestyle and try to be as fit as possible. If you are fit you will look better in your jeans whether you have gone down 2 sizes or not.