Women in their 30s with children please!

Options

Replies

• nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Good post. Would love to have more women who are in the same life cycle as me. Anyone notice that weight is a little slower coming off than in the 20's?!?

I am 37 and mom of four. Work full time and have dropped 25 pounds since May. SW:200 Goal: between 132 and 145. I'll know when I get there.

Workout 5ish days a week and just progressed to HIIT. Have just pushed through my 2nd plateau. :)
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and have a 12 year old daughter. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • selenametts
    selenametts Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm 34 with a 1.5 yr old and 3.5 yr old. I try to stay active and eat healthy :)
  • beeceezee
    beeceezee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 31 year old mom with a 1 year old daughter. Lost about 28lbs and have another 37 to go. I exercise 5-6 days a week doing TurboFire and jogging.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Me too. :happy:
    37 with two kiddos, one husband, full-time job, laundry in the washer, sink full of dishes, yadda yadda
    Add me!
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too if you like :-) I am 32 and have two kids ages 11 and 6. I have about 50 ish to lose also. Can always use more friends ;-)
  • speechsteff
    speechsteff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Anyone please add me as well...I've also been looking for friends in their 30's with kiddos. I have two boys...8 and 5 and work full time. Currently trying a low-carb plan and it's really working for me. I log on everyday and would love to support each other.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I'm 32 with a 2 year old. I have about 40-50 lbs to lose (haven't completely decided my UG yet). :)
  • bonnyebrew
    Options
    Add me! I need the motivation as well. I'm 33 with two kids, 10 and 8, and I have about 50ish pound that I want to lose still.
  • kclynn7
    kclynn7 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 30, soon to be 31 with 2 little girls, ages 13 months and 2 weeks. I have about 50 lbs to lose for my goal weight. Feel free to add me :) I'm on every day.
  • runsforbubbles
    runsforbubbles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am Rachel. I have a 9 month old and havent lost any weight since giving birth really :( I am starting today with my fitbit and logging. Please feel free to add me!!! I would love some people to help me stay on track!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hi there.
    i'm 33 with 3 kids (ages 6, 4 and 2). i'm a full time shift worker while my hubby is a SAHD. i've still got another chunk of *kitten* to try and shift! but my goals are more related to fitness than weight loss- i couldn't have kept going this long if it was all about losing a clothes size.
    anyway, i am the queen of fitting in exercise when you think you have no time or opportunity. i've picked up a cheap XT (for $20!) and have it in the garage, along with a tv and dvd player. i make it all exciting for the kids- get them a picnic and get their camping stuff out, then leave them to that while i crank it out for an hour (or whatever the kids will let me do!).
    i also run (i have my 2nd marathon on sunday), so often get up at 0430hrs to run before i start work at 7am.
    it's just about finding ways around the obstacles, and not letting your excuses get in the way.
    and DON'T finish off the food on your kids plates!
  • csummer8882
    csummer8882 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    35 year old sahm to a 6.5 and 8 year old. :) Have about 70 pounds to lose! :) Feel free to add me!
  • princessanna2662
    Options
    I am 33 have a five year old - have about 85lbs to lose to get to what is listed as my healthy weight, but I plan to evaluate it as I go. Right now my first goal is to 15lbs by Christmas. I log in daily and always here for giving and recieving support. Anyone is the same boat can friend me too.

Trick of the day is getting off my butt on the weekedns. Last two days me and my son have had adventure walks and competition running sprints....it adds up and makes me feel good about the weekend!
  • Gemmax0902
    Gemmax0902 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not quite 30 but will be there in 6 months.

I am a single mum with an 8 year old daughter and work 30hrs a week as a beauty advisor.

We have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 bearded dragons, a rabbit and a 5ft fish tank (my daughter would live in a zoo if possible) so once I've finished work, sorting the pets and most importantly My beautiful princess I find it hard finding the energy to work out.

I have 21lbs to go, feel free to add me and we can help encourage each other.

Gemma x
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I'm Ellie, 38, two kids, 13 and 10. Follow paleo ratios when it comes to food, don't do the food log as I am a recovering anorexic/bulimic. Strength train 3 to 4 times a week using Wendler's 5/3/1 programme and am on week two of that, did 12 weeks of stronglifts 5 x 5 after starting in the gym again in April and have seen a 7 lbs increase in lean mass. I have roughly 28 lbs of fat I would like to shift, but am happy seeing my body change rapidly with lifting heavy for now. I cycle everywhere and run when I can. I tend to steer clear of mainstream media and read a lot instead (no T.V. and no radio for me).
  • eskimite
    Options
    I'm 35, married, have a 3.5 year old son. I'm currently making my way through Insanity...which has been really fun. Please do add me, if you would like! I really enjoy MFP and the active/passive support the community provides!! Good luck!!
  • AishaL1
    AishaL1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is definitely difficult as we age, but not impossible.

I sent you a friend request. When I joined MFP in August. I had no friends for a long time so I can relate. I really didn't know where to start. I stay home with my little one, but stll struggled to fit working out in. I joined a gym last year and I lost weight, but I got bored. I bought a WII and I love it. My three year old feels included and I can focus on form, and intensity. (Most Days!!!)

Its been a year now, and I'm getting there one pound at a time.

I was in a hurry to get fit for my anniversary that passed a few days ago, but I decided to just enjoy the journey.

I wish you all great success! :happy:
  • cecee25
    cecee25 Posts: 10
    Options
    you can add me as well ... im 32 and have 2 kids aged 8 and 3 :happy:
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 32, a SAHM to 2 boys (7 & 5), husband (kid #3??) and a dog :0)
    I don't have a lot to lose, but I'm always willing to add more friends! I need people to keep me accountable logging my food!!!