Eating breakfast in my car

Options
2»

Replies

• pasofan
    pasofan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for great ideas !!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    bbigmac12.jpg

oh Panda! I will do anything if you make me this...anything....:flowerforyou:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I travel 500+ miles a week for work, so a lot of my meals are car based.

I usually have the following for breakfast in the car:

A cup of coffee everyday.

A container full of dry cereal with a bottle full of soy milk. Or...

Yogurt (my morning drive is all open highway with little traffic, so it's actually easy to eat yogurt). Or...

Bagel with cream cheese and a bottle of soymilk. Or...

A homemade protein shake.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hardboil two eggs, make a small sandwich and grab a banana the night before. You can warm up the eggs in the microwave for 15 seconds and eat all items on your way to work! They're easy and they don't fall all over the place.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast in my car every work day, too. I take a banana (already peeled and wrapped in a paper towel) and either a protein bar or an individual-size bag of Emerald Nuts breakfast-on-the-go.

I wouldn't suggest McDonald's every day, but I did for the last 2 days - a bacon-egg-cheese biscuit and a hash browns is 570 cals.
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do an egg sandwich every day in my car. 2 slices of toast, then some days it's a fried egg, others it's a couple of hard boiled eggs. (I find that once I slice the hard boiled ones, they do make a bit of a mess tho).

I also have a small cup of fruit - grapes or apple slices. The fried egg works pretty good with the sandwich. Put fry as you get dressed (if you turn off the stove when you flip the egg, you never burn it), slap the sandwich together, put it on a plate (real or strofoam, which ever) cut it into halves or even quarters and VOILA!.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oatmeal, Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie, Copy Cat McMuffins.

These are my favorite options. They are make aheads and can be frozen/refridgerated and recommended to be made overnight.

(All recipes can be found on theyummylife.com).
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    A tortilla shell (whole wheat) with a banana and peanut butter! A great start to the day. And easy to eat and drive.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Egg White Muffins. Make them on Sunday (with whatever you want, I used spinach/turkey sausage this week) and eat all week.

http://shanaandadam.blogspot.com/2012/05/eat-clean-my-egg-white-muffins.html
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Smoothie with protein powder or "hot smoothie" soup. Both can be drank through a straw in a travel mug.
  • sweetsong32
    sweetsong32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast eater. But my usual "drive to work breakfast" is a cheese stick, a banana and a few walnuts. Sometimes I'll eat homemade granola and a banana.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    For a tad over 200 Cal, Weight Watchers Smart Ones has english muffin sandwiches with/out turkey sausage(yum). Just pop it in the microwave while you finish getting ready to leave

These are the BEST. I love the one with just egg whites and cheese. :))
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Smoothie! Make it yourself so you don't have the added junk, with some protein powder and it will keep you full for longer. If you get a blender cup (I got mine on amazon for about $15) then you can just mix it and bring it in the car with you in the same container. My recipe is simple and customizable: banana + frozen fruit + scoop protein powder + milk (coconut, almond, soy, rice.. whatever you like!) + whatever else looks good.. I usually add chia seeds and flax seeds to mine too, sometimes oats, sometimes coconut oil.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    banana or bread with cheese =)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I used to eat yogurt in the car with a spoon. I do not recommend it!
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Almonds. If I'm running late I'll pour a serving into a ziploc baggie and munch during my commute.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I take a banana (already peeled and wrapped in a paper towel)

wut.jpg
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a long commute so I eat a lot of breakfasts in my car. Here are some things I recommend: string cheese, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, pb and j sandwiches, and the frozen sandwiches others mentioned
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a long commute so I eat a lot of breakfasts in my car. Here are some things I recommend: string cheese, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, pb and j sandwiches, and the frozen sandwiches others mentioned

Oh and fruit! Sliced apples, grapes, a banana... lots of fruits are portable.