If I could turn back time...

Options

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If I could go back to Halloween of 2001, I would prevent my fiance's suicide. He shot himself in the head when I was in the shower, and that one event has f-ed up my life. Not only do I miss him and I have never found anyone who came close to worthy of taking his place, he would have done so much good on this earth if he had not made the decision to end his life. That is the one thing I would go back and change. RIP Alex Cantrell :sad:
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would do is hug my kids more.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    4/19/95 - I would have stayed with my best friend after I took him home from school. I would have told him I loved him. You see, he shot himself not long after I took him home. He had a horrible life. I think this had been a plan of his for a long time. I'm not mad at him for leaving me. The pain he was in must have felt unbearable. I just wish he could have seen that things really do get better.

All these years later, I still miss him.
    I'm sorry........I know someone who hung himself. It leaves the ones behind feeling so helpless and sad.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I would go back to around summer of 1984. I'd then know to stay away from the "friends" who offered me dope to help me thru the loneliness of my husband dying. I can't blame it all on them, of course. The next 3 years were bad, and I had a bad guy to go along with it. Three years of my life that I wish I could just have a do-over.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy with the way my life has gone so far. I have made some minor mistakes, but nothing that I haven't learned great lessons from.

I think I'd go back and keep up better with my friend who died. Then maybe I could have in some way influenced things so that her and her daughter weren't killed, though I don't know how I could have fixed that.
  • Jeremyjly
    Options
    While going back in time sounds appealing, I'm not sure I would. Mistakes, regrets and bad decisions make us who we are. We can only try to learn from them, right?
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't change anything.. but i'd like to tell my past self that she's a wonderful, beautiful person who shouldn't hurt herself trying please others
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've often wished to go back to the day I was born, yet keep the knowledge that I have now.
    Not necessarily to change anything, just to know the consequences of everything I did.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    1788 lol I would rock those corsetted gowns lol

ok in reality 21... fresh start.. delete half of the nonsense I put myself thru lol

make better decisions given the wisdom I have now and would love youth on my side once again and appreciate it this time
  • Sweetybug
    Options
    I would go back to when i started eating twice the meals portion. Then it wouldn't be so hard now and i wouldn't have to worry about my health. Do I have diabetes? Do I have low cholesterol? Do I have high blood sugar? Am I seriously sick and don't even know it?
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to the mid 80's and move away from my 'Costanza'-like parent's the day I turned 18, travel around the world for a few years right after high school, and invest heavily in Microsoft stock.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I would go back to a week in August 2008 when I meet the most amazing guy....I would love to relive that week..... He past away May 2011 and I never got to see him again...:sad:
  • HisEminence
    Options
    I am awed with what has been shared in this thread! I have read each and every comment on here, some several times, and have been humbled by all who took the time to share of themselves through the medium of words. Thank you for that. I wish you all the best of everything in your lives! Here we can support each other in matters of fitness and nutrition...and sometimes we can just support each other!
  • kilikinilei
    kilikinilei Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All my mistakes have been lessons learned, so I wouldn't change a thing. So if I had a time machine I would use it to go back to see singers and bands that are no longer here perform live.

Like : Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald. Louie Armstrong, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Queen, ... and so many more.

I think it would be awesome to see them perform live.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I would have told myself to never snort that first line and that meth is the devil and tell my Dad I loved him more and visited him a lot. He passed away two yrs ago and I miss him so much...which is one of the main reasons I stay away from alcohol is because it killed him...he just couldn't give it up. :'(
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Aside from wishing I was the athletic and sporty type, I really don't think I'd change anything. Sure, I wish I had gone to school after HS but had I not married when I did I might not have my kids now ( hysterectomy at 28 ). I am who I am because of the choices and life I've lived and I'm actually happy with that....except for being fat, but even then I'm still a pretty confident person.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    There are so many things I would change if I could, but ultimately if I changed anything I wouldn't have my kids. No change is worth that.

This for me too :) I have the best kids, love them both so much!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to 12 and never gain the weight. And I'd do everything in my power to help my mom change her lifestyle so I wouldn't lose her so early.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I would go back to the age of 14 and never have picked up a cigarette! Not that I would ever want to re-live all of those youthful years but I truely wish I had never started smoking to be as cool as my best friend that was 3 years older than me.....bad choice looking back at it for sure!

I started at 18, because my boyfriend smoked. That was the 2nd biggest mistake of my life (the biggest mistake was my first marriage) & I have tried to quit so many times without success. I can't do Chantix due to my head injury, I don't believe in being hypnotized & the patches don't work for me either. I'm just going to have to get up the courage to quit cold turkey & hopefully not kill anyone around me (due to nicotine withdrawl) when I do.
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would go back to age 23 and totally skip meeting my first wife and erase 5 years of hell. You live, you learn.