If I could turn back time...

Options

Replies

• mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would say go back and never date my ex but then I would not have my wonderful son so I will just say I wish I would go back and left my abusive ex way earlier than I did!!
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm only 27, so I have hopefully have alot more time to live. I can't really complain for my current situation. I feel lucky, privileged and we live comfortably....but there are those times I wonder how life could have been if I were more about my own life's experiences, maybe not of had children and just traveled the world... toking up in Amsterdam and maybe kicking back a few in Germany.

At any rate, I would have probably ended up lonely and wishing for the life I currently have.

If I could turn back time, I would remind myself that life is not a race, stop and sell the roses from time to time....and you can never have too much tequila!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I would go back to December 2003... and undo what I did to put myself in jail for a night. I still regret my past to this day.

However... I should say... everything I did and went through when I was younger has made me who I am. It has taught me lessons... and I should be grateful for those lessons.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    im not really sure if I even would. There are some things that are not so pleasant but I don't really regret anything ive ever done in my life. I only wish I hadnt started smoking, but I don't think if I had to turn back time thatd be the moment. All of my past loves didnt work out for reasons. I think I am the person that I am now because of all my f-ups.
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "The longer I live the more I believe you do have to give if you wanna receive .There's a time to listen a time to talk and you might have to crawl even after you walk. Had sure things blow up in my face...seen the long shot win the race..been knocked down by the slamming door..picked myself up and came back for more...Life's a Dance you learn as you go..sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...don't worry 'bout what you don't know...life's a Dance you learn as you go." No regrets.It's all good.:drinker:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    November 1997. A few things I would've done differently that would have greatly altered my life...but everything happens for a reason and overall my life has been very blessed...so I guess I shouldn't regret anything eh?
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would have said "yes".
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to 2005, and date my current misses from the day we laid eyes on each other.
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    Truthfully NOTHING. Every trial I have been through, mistake I have made was all allowed by God for a purpose. I don't want to mess with his plan in my life. I trust him :). I have been molded into who I am because of him.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i would go back in time to my ninth birthday. i would find my nine year old self and tell him "kid, if you start training now, you can become Batman."
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Funny, I remember when I was a teen I used to write letters to my grown up self when I was upset. And I used to wish I could magically find a letter from my grown up self with answers. I do have answers for my younger self, now that it's too late...along with a bunch of new questions for the future me.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I don't know if I would...

If I had to I'd go and be a sneaky yet not very outstanding child. I assume I'd have all my adult knowledge along with the baby's unfixed developing brain, so in effect I would actually become a super genius since it's like getting an xbox360 with 25 games right from the store.

Yeah I'd learn the violin and banjo. Mostly strive to just be able to provide for my fam, travel, and do art. I'd be a backpacking banjo player with a half a mil in just my bank by age 25.

Plus I'd have to stop my mom from dating all the retards she did. And the whole dying thing.
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is a great question, because sometimes I feel like I spend my life trying to forget the last five minutes . . .

I would go back to tell my 15 year old self that the guy she was about to fall in unrequited love with was not worth pining over the next 8 years.

I would go back to tell my 21 year old self to find a way to take the unpaid theater management internship.

I would go back to my 30 year old self and tell her NOT to go to law school and instead get her paralegal certificate. I'd be in less school debt and making more money if I had.

I would tell my 33 year old self to find an earlier flight so that I could have been with my father and hugged and kissed him one more time before he died.

I would tell my 38 year old self to work harder on her marriage so that she was 100% sure that ending it was the right thing to do.

I would go back five minutes and love myself more.
  • Masqueraded
    Options
    I'd go back to when I was 22 or so. I would do two things:

1. Believe I was beautiful and not fat (I was 5'8/150 lbs) and embrace the beautiful body I had

2. Kick my ex in the junk who, at the time, was the one telling me to tone up and lose weight

Though it's not anyone's fault but my own, it was that age that the eating problems started and here I am now....
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd go back and smack some sense into myself before I married my ex-husband and tell myself to apply myself to my career more!

I hear you. Would absolutely do the same.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Even though there have been many twists and turns in my life, I wouldn't change a thing. I am very happy where I have landed.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I would go back to the age of 14 and never have picked up a cigarette! Not that I would ever want to re-live all of those youthful years but I truely wish I had never started smoking to be as cool as my best friend that was 3 years older than me.....bad choice looking back at it for sure!

Same here I am on day three on trying to quit and its hard for me but I am proud to say i am making it.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    "...if I could find a wayyy. I'd take back all the words that have hurt you, and you'd stay."

Oh wait, this wasn't karaoke hour?

I have no regrets.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I would tell two people not to abandon their son in a foreign country.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I would not go back as I have lived a good life and I am made up of my highest highs and lowest lows. Been divorced once, lived with a couple women afterwards. Some relationships ended well, some not so well. As someone that almost died Christmas 2005 I have found a new contentment with my life and I appreciate my struggles more now than ever. May whatever God you pray to, or choose not to pray to, continue to love and protect you and your families.