Where my Zumba fanatics at!?

Options
13»

Replies

• scarletgenesis
    Options
    I love Zumba. Was going 2x a week (in addition to 3 strength workouts), but re-injured my knee so had to lay off for a while. I'm looking forward to getting back to it within the next few weeks. it's way more interesting than any other kind of working out, for me.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA FREAK here! :tongue:

Just went to a big Zumba event for breast cancer yesterday. Danced for over 6 hours. ...with a few breaks in between! :smile:

I attend 3 land classes a week and 2 aqua Zumba classes a week as well. Hoping to start Zumba toning classes if my schedule allows.

Zumba is what helped me lose my 99 lbs. I started Zumba over 300 lbs and just about died the first time. I almost didn't go back, but the music was awesome, the girls were awesome and gave another try. Glad I did!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! so fun and def burns a lot of cals. I like live classes the best cuz I tend to get into them more and push myself - maybe because there's other people around going hard so we motivate eachother. But I also do zumba on wii and I've found some really cool routines from trainers all over the world on youtube.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I attended my first Zumba Class on October 15th, 2011. I was down about 20lbs. when I started and went 2x a week, by the end of November, I was going 3x a week, and by January I joined 24 Hour Fitness so I could go all the time and save money! I now go 4-6 times a week, and am registered to get Certification on November 11th! Zumba :heart:
    Awesome!!!!! Good luck!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I attended my first Zumba Class on October 15th, 2011. I was down about 20lbs. when I started and went 2x a week, by the end of November, I was going 3x a week, and by January I joined 24 Hour Fitness so I could go all the time and save money! I now go 4-6 times a week, and am registered to get Certification on November 11th! Zumba :heart:
    Awesome!!!!! Good luck!

Thanks!! btw... I use a BodyMedia Fit Armband, and my calories burned have dropped significantly from when I was over 200lbs. I used to easily burn 590-610, and now that I am sooo much lighter, and my body doesn't have to work as hard, I burn between 430-500 in a 1 hour class.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I used to love Zumba but my favorite instructor just got in big trouble. I think I even heard she got arrested. :devil:

I cant beleive nobody got that...:huh:

But I did if you look back on page one :)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I used to do Zumba and loved it! But, I've since abandoned it for running and Jillian Michaels ripped in 30....
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my zumba classes at my gym. So much fun!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Zumba! I don't have any DVD's but take classes a few times a week...Zumba, Zumba toning and Zumba Sentao...I just love it. ;)
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I play Zumba on the wii and I have the dvds. I would love to get back in some classes though. I love the atmosphere. My favorite Zumba dvd has to be exhilarate. I love that one. I also like the Mixed one a lot too. I love all of them LOL. Everything Zumba because I love everything dance.
  • StephD1185
    StephD1185 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to love Zumba but my favorite instructor just got in big trouble. I think I even heard she got arrested. :devil:

I cant beleive nobody got that...:huh:

Lol I got it! I'm from Maine about 40 minutes from that town. I forget that it made the national news.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Me!!! Me!!!

I go to a class. 3x/wk. And if work allows it, I try to go 5x/wk--just depending on work. I have lost over 40. My daughter has lost 50. One of my nieces lost 80.

Even if I'm sick, I still get up there. I. Am. Addicted.

Yes, my name is Lesa, and I am a Zumba-holic!!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My name is LadyZUMBA and I am a Zumba fanatic/Zumba Instructor. I truly love it!
    It's excerise in disguise and before you know it you lose weight, meet friends and leave
    class feeling great!
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    zumba Love right here! I love it so much! It is the best workout ever!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Got to say I bought Zumba Core yesterday for Wii and I tried it tonight after my Turbo fire and it was really fun!!! I sweated like crazy I like that you can also customize your own workout. When I am in better shape I will look up some classes to do live it seems to be really popular in gyms around here.
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I loved it so much that I became licensed and now teach 3-5 times/week! I make up choreography in the car, on my walks, anytime a good beat passes my ears! Zumba has changed my life. When I just need a power hour to myself, I love the Exhilaration!
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Zumba! I don't have any DVD's but take classes a few times a week...Zumba, Zumba toning and Zumba Sentao...I just love it. ;)

I can't wait to get licensed in Sentao! Or have a class near home!
  • DanaCait
    DanaCait Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just went to my first Zumba class tonight. LOVED it! I'll be trying Zumba Toning tomorrow :)
  • teyadu133
    teyadu133 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I discovered Zumba this past spring when my friend let me "borrow" her Zumba Fitness 2 Wii game. Well, I still have it and continue to use it weekly. I love that I can work out at my home with no equipment and it doesn't matter if I have my pj's on or my hair is sticking up or whatever. I also like dancing in the comfort of my home because I'm not very coordinated or "sexy", so I'm sure I look like a complete idiot, and the only people watching me are my kids and my dog, and occasionally my husband. I will get up to Zumba even though I would not get up to walk or do another exercise DVD. Since I've gotten serious about losing weight, I have been trying to Zumba at least 3-4 times a week for at least 30 minutes at a time. If I do the high intensity full length class on the game, I sometimes burn 800 calories or more in a little over an hour!!! That is amazing!!! I choose to Zumba most days instead of walking because I want to get the weight off quickly. I've lost over 20 lbs in about 6 weeks by eating better and doing Zumba several days a week, and I don't even feel like I'm exercising because it is so much FUN!!!!