Whats your goal?

Options
I am currently 272 pounds and looking to get close to 180 pounds. I am 5'7". Vanessa Marino is my inspiration for weight loss. I have seen pictures of her posted on MFP saying that she is overweight but she is gorgeous. I don't want to end up having my ribs stick out too much. What do you guys think?

My goal:
VanessaMarinomodel.jpg

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful! Though by todays standards, most people would think she is overweight. I started at 338, and am currently 238. My goal is somewhere around 150 I think, I will decide for sure when I get closer. Oh, and I am 5'7''
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I think thats a good goal to start off with. When you get closer you may change your mind. I started at 277 lbs. Originally i wanted to lost 50 lbs because i thought i couldnt do it. Then i said 177, so i lose 100 lbs. Now im getting closer, at 195 lbs and i know i dont want to stop at 177. 157 is my goal i believe.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be 100% flat and I don't want to be too small.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I think if that is what you like, then you go for it :) It's YOUR body, so you get to choose. She is lovely.
    This is more what I wanat, minus the boobs lol cuz mine are no where near tht big. And we have a different shape. But she is my inspiration
    428284_10150572970543258_2052279028_n.jpg
  • Pollyanna75
    Options
    I am currently 185, and I want to get down to 140, where I was before I quit smoking.
    I want to limit the amount of times I'm going to the chiropractor. I want to feel better about myself. I was never really skinny and don't have that a goal, but to get down to a reasonable size for my height 5'1"
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I started @ 220 and want to get down to around 160. Im 5'8
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    I am currently at 169 pds and want to get down to 145 pds. I am 5 ft 6. So, I have 24 pds to go. That is better than when I started on MFP and had 54 pounds to lose at 199.6. Slowly, but surely I am getting there.
  • kirianna55
    Options
    To be honest I want to look like the model I posted and be somewhere between a size 10-12. I am currently just fitting into a size 18.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    To be honest I want to look like the model I posted and be somewhere between a size 10-12. I am currently just fitting into a size 18.

Keep in mind that you may or may not be able to look like her. It's depends heavily on ur shape. I know I could NEVER look like her. I can tell that my waist & hips are smaller than hers, but she has a flat belly & I still have a pooch. You WILL look great when you get to ur goal, but try not to b very focused on looking like someone in particular. :)
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    If that's overweight, GOD let it happen to me LOL. She may not fit the BMI index, but there is more to health than that. I love her confidence in who she is.
  • kirianna55
    Options
    Keep in mind that you may or may not be able to look like her. It's depends heavily on ur shape. I know I could NEVER look like her. I can tell that my waist & hips are smaller than hers, but she has a flat belly & I still have a pooch. You WILL look great when you get to ur goal, but try not to b very focused on looking like someone in particular. :)

To be honest, I am a spoon shape. I have a 48 inch chest, 40 inch waist, and 52 inch hips.
    If that's overweight, GOD let it happen to me LOL. She may not fit the BMI index, but there is more to health than that. I love her confidence in who she is.
    No kidding right
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I started out at 267, Ive lost 50 lbs and am at a stall. Im eatting like I should, but cant do much cardio, I am sick with Ebstien Barr (mono) which if you had as a teen can reoccusr at will. ugh.I am also going through with drwarls from pain meds, Ive been on forever. Nothing like a double whammy. Anyway, when i can I will get back to walkin, (winter cycling indoors) I also found a work out on Net Flix for people in pain... that I think I will start later today. :) I accept that I am on a plateau, with my illness and all. But I am still eattin healthy and will do some kind of moving. I am 5'3" my goal is 135-140. I want to tone, and will lift weights to do that. Im not sure when to start lifing. I know as big as my tummy is I will never look like any of these gals you want to look like, unless I have a tummy tuck, but who has 5k? I will have to look for someone who has my bone stucture, height to want to look like. At this point I just want to be in good shape, nice and toned. I have a breast reduction, so at least those are perky. haha.
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The first time I started weight watchers I was 196. I got all the way to 114 and then boomeranged back to 147. Now I joined MFP in January with a goal of 120 but once I start losing it seems to just keep going and now I am 112.
  • misspowerz
    Options
    im currently 190. im trying to lose the last of my baby weight. i gained 5 stone during pregnancy due to a condition i had and have lost 3st 4 so far. hoping to get to 160ish :D
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started out at 194 lbs [in march 2011]. Then I gained 3lbs so 197 was my highest [august 2011]. I'm currently 168 and my goal is to be between 130 and 135 lbs. I'm 5'2", so that should be a good goal for me.
  • ambate2
    ambate2 Posts: 61
    Options
    Go with what feels best for Y.O.U. I'm 5'2" - started MFP at 200, currently at 160, goal of 130. My original goal was 150 but as I realized I could DO this, I adjusted it to where my BMI was no longer overweight.
  • kirianna55
    Options
    Thanks all
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to 140 which should put me on the line for a healthy weight and get my doctor off my back, and lower my blood pressure enough that sodium isn't the King/Queen of my Diet.

I don't think I'll look any better than I do now, perhaps a lighter version of how I look right now, but the same shape. I'll still have the gut and butt.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im 5"4 and i weigh 255lbs my goal is to get down to at least 200 flat... I would love to have at least 25 of those lbs gone be bday in December...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My goal is to one day make Stan Efferding look like a guy who might have done a few pullups in comparison. I'm in the lifting world for the long haul, not a quick 'ahmaighad fix me'.