how to get a bigger butt? HELP

Options

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=zEaCKvm5oHA

Blogilates has loads of bum videos, they are great. Especially the Call Me Maybe Squat Challenge. Exercise won't necessarily make your bum much bigger though, just rounder and perkier.

I've been doing a few of her butt workouts and have noticed my flat and wide butt starting to round out and lift.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats, squats, and more squats.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Add in single leg hip extensions and weighted glute bridges and your booty will be glorious. Oh, and ice cream, daily.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    ive heard some women stick it out more when they walk.

HAHAHA doesn't really work if you don't have one to begin with. Maybe we should ask kim kardashian what she does? Anyway there's tons of butt workouts so I say pump that *kitten* up lol
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    20 years ago, I had a bubble butt.....now.....not so much. Seems like all the exercises to get lift....aren't so good for arthritic knees and hips. :frown:
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I have the same problem, and unfortunately my hubby is a butt man/. So I will be borrowing your advice that you receive.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've always had a naturally pretty small/flat butt... but after eating at maintenance for awhile and lots of lower body strength training, I can now happily say it's MUCH perkier and rounder... pretty spank-worthy LOL. I love it! Balances out my umm... upper body :wink:

So yeah... basically what others said. Lots of squats & lots of food!! Win win if you ask me!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Lulu, if your legs are any indication, then I'd give two thumbs up :wink:
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lulu, if your legs are any indication, then I'd give two thumbs up :wink:

I think they are... thank you :blushing:
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can recommend Kettlebell Swings. They are great for the butt, bat also for ham strings and core and shoulders/arms... Just great and pretty easy and fast done at home.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Start eating at least maintenance, and focus on heavy squats, deadlifts, lunges etc.
  • MommaShorty
    MommaShorty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a square butt I don't like it. When Burger King came out with the commercial of Sir Mix A Lot and Spongebob that became my husband's ringtone and theme song for me. I saw on pinterest "the difference between a butt and an @$$ is squats" so I've been working on my squats and my husband told me my butt looked oval instead of square now so Im happy it must be working.
    LOL now I just have to work on getting it rounded instead of ovalish!!! :happy:
  • jordypooo
    jordypooo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    how many squats do you do a day? ^
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,698 Member
    Options
    I had a hugely muscular butt when I used to speedskate. Take up rollerblading.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - My bum was flat to begin with and it would be nice to round it up as I shrink the rest of me :)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    My butt is as flat as a pancake, anyway to get it bigger? by Decemberish?

Try eating everything in sight till Dec, that should do the trick

Bahaha! Simple advice, I like it!

I wish the no-butt issue was my problem... but seriously, squat. It's a necessary evil for people with flat butts or bigger butts, it's like a miracle the way it improves the shape and look of everything back there. Wish I had discovered squats a decade ago!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add, if you actually want to gain new lean body mass/muscle, you need to eat at a calorie surplus. Working out the butt and eating at a calorie deficit, will just strengthen your butt muscles.

But your butt will tighten, lift, and appear more rounded even while on a calorie deficit if you do some heavy squats and deadlifts. Mine has.
  • elysia319
    Options
    SQUATS for sure! since doing squats i swear my butt has lifted and more round Good luck!:smile:
  • Jadesha
    Jadesha Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey I've always had somewhat of a butt but since I started working out, at least once per week I do a half hour exercise routine on fitnessblender.com that targets thighs & glutes. I also do 60 walking lunges twice per week & 42 squats with 10lb weights twice per week. I took a pic of myself yesterday & realised that my butt is getting higher, rounder & firmer. Try those between now & December & see what happens.....goodluck :wink:

Oh & I've been doing them for about 2 months now.....