Diary is Open - Please look at Today's Lunch

Options
13»

Replies

• miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have A LOT of excuses...

Also I just wanted to make sure everyone is clear on the situation, because although you might be thinking one thing, I'll tell everyone how it really is. One cannot make judgements on what they are eating if you don't know how they are living.

Well, I will say most of us don't know how you are living because we were only asked to help evaluate your food diary. That being said, I've read all the threads and you have said you know how to eat healthy.

One question is, do you have a prepaid food plan at your school or do you have to buy your food their out of your own pocket? When I had a prepaid food plan at my university, they had big buffets and it was hard to go directly to the salad bar but after awhile it felt good when I was busting my butt at the gym for over an hour a day. Now, if you have to buy your meals out of pocket at school, I agree with what someone posted, they should have some healthier options like hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, etc that if you were to make your own "lunch" from what you buy would cost you just as much as what you ate today for lunch.

But as you stated, we don't know you, we don't know how you live. So take everything with a grain of salt and figure what works for you. I will say choosing nuts was a good idea for the healthy fats, low carbs, maybe just have a smaller portion next time :) Good luck to you!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Well, if the pasta was the standard white glop, then your lunch didn't include much nutrition.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You keep making excuses to the advice offered. This is a journey that you are undertaking, it takes time to learn things. Take the info and try to fit it into your life style. You have to measure your portions and learn how much is 1 c., 1 oz. etc, that way when you are in places that you can't measure you will be able to eye ball it. Look at other peoples diary's to get ideas on meals..spreading your calories out instead of eating them all at one meal. I too didn't like left overs so "ate the whole package", so either buy a smaller size or get stuff so you can put it in a fridge for later. Today is one day..make little changes tomorrow.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Try to plan food for your busy days ahead of time. it will help you a great deal. The next time you can go shopping try for some healthier snacks that are easy. or foods that are quick and easy for breakfast. I eat yogurt it is small but power packed. I am sure other will have some idea's that will help too

I take high fiber cereal in small baggies for easy to take. I also cut up carrotts and celery and put in bags to go. they are easy to grab and you can eat them on the run. I like fresh fruits also.

Good Luck!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Ach, it's no use. I am hearing a lot of things that I already know. It's just that a lot of these things you are telling me to eat are not available here at school, and I didn't have time to go to Price Chopper and buy anything nice like a salad for lunch. I'll probably tomorrow because I have a lot of time before I go to school.

My real question for all of you now is to tell me what I need to do in order to shock my body out of this plateau.

I know how hard it is to find time to do anything in the morning. I have 3 kids and I work full time so there is never time in the morning to prepare anything. I make all my lunches the night before. Then they are ready to go in the morning. You save so many calories when you prepare it the night before instead of running to the nearest food stand or restaurant to grab a quick lunch. Try preparing your lunches at night for one week and see how you feel after that.
  • donteatmycookie
    donteatmycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :
  • donteatmycookie
    donteatmycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to exercise now and the almonds won't have made a difference to me. Anything is good for you as long as you don't go over your daily caloric intake.

That completely ridiculous misconception is probably half your problem. You can't eat three big macs and claim that what you ate was "good for you" because you didn't go over your calories. Not going over your calories is one way of staying healthy but if all you eat is fat and sugar, you're not healthy. You're full of fat and sugar.

1800 calories worth of vegetables and 1800 calories worth of french fries do completely different things to and for your body.

If you've been "eating healthy" since you joined last year, you're obviously not absorbing much information about the actual definition of "eating healthy."
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I read the whole thread, and to be honest with you, I feel that you have an excuse for every single suggestion or piece of advice anyone has given you. That being said, why even ask the questions at all if you think you already know the answers?
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Here darling this is a good guide for measuring your food. I would suggest measure when you CAN and then compare to these images, Eventually you will be gauging pretty close

h9991355_007.jpg
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    And another thing, I'm not new here, so I have been eating healthy for a long time. I just wanted to know if anything I'm eating recently is bad for me, like today's foods. The almonds, I ate the rest of the ones I had bought so that I wouldn't have to eat them anymore.
    I'm just curious... have you actually tried PORTION control? Maybe breaking your meals up for one. This isn't new to you... correct? I realize also that you are only 21, so I'm going to cut you SOME slack on this.... but seriously... come on.... You have to take a look at your diary and know it isn't exactly... um.... healthy.

And it really DOES matter what you put in your body. You go ahead and believe all you want that those chocolate covered almonds don't matter, but if you eat enough of them, they will. Moderation and portion control...seriously.

And I'm totally with Donteat.... 1800 calories of french fries is absolutely and totally different than 1800 calories of veggies.
    Listen... you posted this thread, so you either 1, want help because you truly don't get what you are doing wrong, or 2, you love the attention and just want to make everyone seem like they are dense and stupid. ((which is totally backfiring))
    If you truly want to know what you are doing wrong, why you aren't losing, how about hitting the nutrition boards, and typing in something that you can learn from. I see a lot of people wanting to help you, but you are pretty much telling them they don't know jack. ::Shrugs:: Why ask when all you are going to do is say you know it all? As I see it.... you are brilliant and can do this without anyone's help.
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    And another thing, I'm not new here, so I have been eating healthy for a long time. I just wanted to know if anything I'm eating recently is bad for me, like today's foods. The almonds, I ate the rest of the ones I had bought so that I wouldn't have to eat them anymore.
    I'm just curious... have you actually tried PORTION control? Maybe breaking your meals up for one. This isn't new to you... correct? I realize also that you are only 21, so I'm going to cut you SOME slack on this.... but seriously... come on.... You have to take a look at your diary and know it isn't exactly... um.... healthy.

And it really DOES matter what you put in your body. You go ahead and believe all you want that those chocolate covered almonds don't matter, but if you eat enough of them, they will. Moderation and portion control...seriously.

And I'm totally with Donteat.... 1800 calories of french fries is absolutely and totally different than 1800 calories of veggies.
    Listen... you posted this thread, so you either 1, want help because you truly don't get what you are doing wrong, or 2, you love the attention and just want to make everyone seem like they are dense and stupid. ((which is totally backfiring))
    If you truly want to know what you are doing wrong, why you aren't losing, how about hitting the nutrition boards, and typing in something that you can learn from. I see a lot of people wanting to help you, but you are pretty much telling them they don't know jack. ::Shrugs:: Why ask when all you are going to do is say you know it all? As I see it.... you are brilliant and can do this without anyone's help.

To make it a little clearer, these nice people on here really do want to help you. It is really nice of them to take time out of their days/nights to answer your questions. Maybe writing down everything they are saying and go back and try them would help you better? I have found these guys to be awesome when it comes to their opinions, and mostly right on. I bet you would start losing steadily again if you would take some of their advice. I'm not trying to rip you, just not understanding why you have so many excuses. Excuses is what is going to keep you unhealthy. Take a step in the right direction and learn something from these guys....seriously, what do you have to lose except weight? :flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    I agree with others. Good choices but cut down on the amounts during one meal. And yes you can control it. You can cook for a whole family and store the rest in the fridge or freezer and have it for another time. It saves alot of time that away. I'm a stay at home mom to a toddler and sometimes, I'll admit, I get lazy and not want to cook. Thats why I started to cook bigger portions and saving the rest for later in the week! STOP guessing and actually measure your food. You'll be surpise at how much your really eating to much of. A lot of people OVER guess on pasta! Either you want this bad or you don't.
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    I usually eat salad, I just didn't want to buy one because they are so expensive, and I'm trying to save my money.

Salads are VERY cheap!! Espically if you make them your self instead of buying a premade bag. Money shouldn't matter to a salad, UNLESS your buying it from a McDonalds or another fast food place.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    OP: First of all I want to commend you for losing a little over 30 lbs already, so you are clearly doing the right things so far. I looked at a week's worth of your diary and I see that while you enjoy chocolate, you do keep within your daily caloric goals. My only advise would be to vary the fruits and veggie that you eat. Try choosing more raspberries, strawberries, blackberries. They will go great in yoghurt.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP: First of all I want to commend you for losing a little over 30 lbs already, so you are clearly doing the right things so far. I looked at a week's worth of your diary and I see that while you enjoy chocolate, you do keep within your daily caloric goals. My only advise would be to vary the fruits and veggie that you eat. Try choosing more raspberries, strawberries, blackberries. They will go great in yoghurt.

Just to highlight the danger of your first statement... the first pounds to go are generally water or muscle. You can lose weight without doing it healthily, or in a sustainable manner. One meal a day doesn't always works (outside of an IF forum... which I know can work and bla bla bla); a 21 year old who has an excuse for everything doesn't strike me as someone with the discipline to follow an IF/AF plan.

Is there research and things done on the science of "IIFYM"? Yes; there's even been those darned studies that showed that hitting your macros,even with a big mac, generally yielded the same health benefits with little to no negatives.

The thing is, OP, you're not doing that. You're not even hitting your macros (protein, fiber, etc.) if you really wanted to adhere to that theory; your portions are not in control. It doesn't look like you're doing any form of exercise.

Since you have yet to return to this thread, I can only assume you decided to stop trolling, or realized that yes, you ARE responsible for your own life and diet and you're not going to get the, "Yeah, it's okay to eat double portions of foods lacking in all vital nutrients for lunch!" you were expecting.