Carrying your phone..

Options

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my phone is my life, sad, I know. I use two different apps when doing the couch to 5k program, plus listen to music. Right now, I am embarrassed to say that I carry my phone tucked into my sports bra. I tried a case that goes on your arm, but it doesn't give me easy access. Any other suggestions?

Next time the phone rings...I'll get it for you. Should be plenty of convenience.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    In your pocket?

Just go ahead and try to find women's workout shorts with pockets (especially ones big enough for monster smart phones). I dare you. If you are successful, come back and tell me where. I will buy them in every color!
  • mtnbikerdee
    mtnbikerdee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For my last Marathon I purchased a Roo Sport Pouch at the fitness expo. Now I don't go anywhere without it. Here is a link to their web site. I have been using mine since April. It will hold a phone, id, and car key. The only downside is the zipper sometimes rubs so I just tuck my shirt down between my skin and the zipper problem solved. My husband uses one as well.
    http://theroosport.com/
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I use my sports bra as a pocket if I don't have another pocket. I have worried about shorting it out with moisture but it hasn't been an issue. I was thinking of sewing a little pocket in the middle of it to keep it from getting too wet. My arms are big <not in a good way> and I would be too self conscious to wrap a band around it. I keep the phone for emergencies, music, and as a pedometer. I am looking for better ear phones that stay in my ears. I use Cardio Trainer for the pedometer, and use it for other exercise. I will put it in my pocket when I play tennis to get a feel for how many calories I'm burning. I still like to listen to music, but all that moving around makes the ear phones fall out. ARGH! I want a head set that I can use with the phone too that has ear pieces that fit over the ear.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Phone armband... this way your phone doesn't get sweaty either ;)

i found mine for only $10 at walmart. Can't live without it.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have a two layer sports bra that is perfect for holding my phone, I have a GPS tracking app that I use so I know distance and average speed. :)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I worry too much about getting assaulted and getting my phone stolen, so I leave it at home. Makes me a little nervous to not have the phone for safety reasons, but I figure I'm more safe calling less attention to myself.

I would worry too much about getting assaulted and NOT having my phone... :ohwell:
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I need one of these..stat!

I can't even describe to you how joyous it is to run with nothing but the Motorola as a watch with bluetooth headphones. No wires ever again.

I'm going to look at this as well. I just literally dropped my iPhone during my run on the concrete after changing from the arm band (bad burn) to just holding it in my hand and shattered my screen. :sad: No wires and a watch sounds like a WIN.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Arm Band.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    soooo many other people carry phones, I just knock one of them out with a patented kung-fu chop and take theirs.
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have a lifeproof case (waterproof) on my iPhone and carry it in my bra too (don't have to worry about sweat shorting it out). I NEVER run with anything in my hands. There are way too many robberies where I run and I like to keep my hands free in case I have to fight or I trip.

On really long runs, I stick it in a runner's belt.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone in my hand with one of these holders.

http://www.amphipod.com/products/holders/music/electronics/handpod-smartview

259_lg_0.jpg

I'm using a bluetooth wireless headphone for listening to music/changing tracks.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Try putting the armband around your forearm rather than upper arm. Much easier access and you don't have to hold it (I drop my phone while sitting down, can't imagine trying to run with it unsecured).
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oops, did not see that this was for running.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Sweat might mess up your phone. I used to wear my iPod in my sports bra but moisture ruined it.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone the life proof case and armband is just amazing. It's not confined to a pouch on your arm, rather it is clipped in and pops out in a second. Not to mention I can swim with the combo so sweat is certainly not an issue.
  • karlyelindsay
    karlyelindsay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I thought holding it would throw me off some how but it didn't so I just hold it when I run.
  • tmm786
    tmm786 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have always worn it on my arm, but wear it "upside down" so the bottom of the phone is up towards my face. It's been farily easy to access it during a run/workout. Plus I can tuck the extra headphone cord length underneath.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I carry mine in a Griffin armband I picked up at TJ Maxx for $10. Works great, fits well, and still gives me access to my phone. I have no problems starting my apps or music, and have answered phone calls while on a run just by quick removal from my arm by pulling the velcro strap, and listening/talking while it's still in the armband. Phone stays safe and dry, I have my apps & music, and way to call anyone if needed.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I put my iphone in my armband case, then carry that in my hand. That way it is protected in case I drop it, or it starts to rain, and I can quickly look at it for a pace check, or to check the time.