10lbs in 4 weeks? Tips please

Options
2»

Replies

• karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Misplace £11 , then technically you've lost 11lbs. ;)
  • alilarmour
    Options
    Misplace £11 , then technically you've lost 11lbs. ;)

Lol I like your thinking :-)
  • alilarmour
    Options
    I like the sound of this paleo diet as it seems to suit what I'm eating right now. Lots of veg nd lean chicken and fish and only drinking water. Google is def my friend and I'm going to read lots about it today thanks x
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Live in the gym and drink tons of water. Think like a boxer trying to make weight before fight night.

Also plenty of sleep is very important!!!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Best most failsafe method...cut a limb off (but it might kinda ruin the look of your dress at the ball....)

Seriously though, you can do all kind of quick fixes but even then it probably won't work in such a little amount of time, and it might hinder your longer term goals...how about you just suggest to your hubby that when you do manage to lose the lbs in a healthy way he'll donate it then?
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Best most failsafe method...cut a limb off (but it might kinda ruin the look of your dress at the ball....)

lol. the amputation diet.

Leg_amputation.jpg
  • waynetedwards
    waynetedwards Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Live in the gym and drink tons of water. Think like a boxer trying to make weight before fight night.

You can't out train a crappy diet, and not everyone is going to have the genetics to let them do such for the few that seem to eat like moose's without gaining the punishment pounds. Also cutting weight like a fighter is a lot different than cutting weight and maintaining the cut. Just like in the previous post I had made I cut the weight back in January of this year and have stayed within 1-10-15lbs of my goal weight while putting on muscle and little fat. Obviously a lot of kneading is going to be necessary to get where I want to be 10% body fat while maintaining the weight of 180.

But it all starts and ends with what you put into your body.
  • alilarmour
    Options

Also plenty of sleep is very important!!!

Lol I have a 4 yr old and a 1yr old so while I would love to live in the gym and gets lots of sleep it def ain't gonna happen!!!
  • alilarmour
    Options
    Although cutting off a limb is tempting I am very drawn towards the paleo diet and hubby is gonna give it a go too. I actually just made a pot of soup and it is paleo friendly so I'm all set for the day :-)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Changing diet seems to work well for some people - give paleo a go, or intermittent fasting. Either way lower your sodium intake. You know it's not really very healthy or sensible, but a month of trying to hit a particular target isn't going to do THAT much harm unless you really starve yourself. Good luck.
  • lalacroft25
    lalacroft25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    try jilian michaels 30 day shred.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster that said do you best to lose it healthily, then on the final day get a sauna wrap/hot yoga/anything that makes you sweat buckets and lose water weight. I know the boys I used to teach that would have to make weight for wrestling would basically be on a liquid diet for a few days before, then very little for liquids one day before to get rid of as much water weight as possible, then obviously after the weigh in, they would regain almost all they had lost, but you'd make weight, and then you could work on getting rid of it again the healthy way.
  • patsnyder89
    Options
    IF
  • alilarmour
    Options
    Yay week 1 weigh in and lost 2.5lbs so am on target :-)