Why does breakfast suck?

Options

Replies

• TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the meal I worry the least about, you can pretty much eat Krispy Kremes for breakfast and get away with it by the end of the day. I just make sure I get a protein shake and some fibre in to help reach my Macros.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the meal I worry the least about, you can pretty much eat Krispy Kremes for breakfast and get away with it by the end of the day. I just make sure I get a protein shake and some fibre in to help reach my Macros.

Have you been taking acid?
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every day. Sounds boring, but I love it as much now as I did 6 months ago! Plain Greek yogurt with a squirt of agave syrup, about 1.5 tablespoons of sliced almonds and some berries. Yummy.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

There's as much calories in a bowl of Cereal as a Donut, get a grip, you have a whole day to be active after.
  • bfredericks
    bfredericks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I still eat pancakes. As a matter of fact I ate them this morning. BUT I stay within the recommended serving size [1/3 cup batter for 150 calories], use sugar free or light syrup and ICBINB light. Eggo waffles are OK too if you get the whole wheat ones that are 170 calories for two waffles.
  • bfredericks
    bfredericks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Someone on here gave me the idea, but I like to mix a cup of non-fat Greek yogurt and a scoop of vanilla protein shake mix together and put it in the fridge. Tastes like cheesecake and you can add whatever else you want in flavor-wise. Not too bad on cals (probably around 200) and packs a lot of protein to get you moving!

OMG sound good. If you get some of those laughing cow cream cheese products and put them on reduced fat graham crackers that too tastes like cheesecake! It's the best snack!
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes ftw :-)
  • shannon2331
    Options
    Sometime I just grill up some boneless chicken....my kids laugh but I get bored of the eggs and bacon and sausage are out...lol
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE breakfast, but I'm the type that loves all the wrong things: sugary cereal, waffles, pancakes, etc. When it comes to liking the healthy alternatives (eggs, oatmeal, etc), well....not so much. I can take eggs sometimes (scrambled) but after a while, they honestly start making me gag. And oatmeal? Don't get me STARTED on oatmeal..... >:C

I have started eating yogurt with fruit and a bit of toast but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas on breakfast meals that don't involve eggs or oatmeal (preferably cold and low on the carb side) that still sticks to a healthy diet? Maybe an ethnic dish or something that most people don't think of?

Black coffee, coffee w/ coconut oil, coffee w/ heavy whipping cream, coffee w/ coconut oil and heavy whipping cream.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I happen to love breakfast and found a great way to make a delicious, filling, low cal scrambled egg, ham, and hash brown meal.

- Bake a small potato in the microwave. Cube it - skin on or off- your choice.
    - I sometime substitute "simply potatoes" fresh (not frozen) shredded hash browns for the baked potato. You have to add a little olive oil and use a second skillet if you go this route.
    - Add a little lean ham to the skillet to suit
    - One large egg and one large egg white - scrambled with the ham. Season mixture to suit.
    - When nearly done, add the potato to the mix and scramble in.

Depending on the potato size, this meal can be 150 to 225 calories, it is hot, and very satisfying.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options

There's as much calories in a bowl of Cereal as a Donut, get a grip, you have a whole day to be active after.

I don't eat cereal. It's the notion 'getting away with it' that seems ludicrous to me. If that's the attitude then just eat what you want whenever you want. The time is completely irrelevent.
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My top fav breakfasts:

Whole Wheat English Muffin with two egg whites and toasted with a slice of gouda or pepperjack or sliced avacado. Yes.

Kodiak wheat pancakes pan-fried with coconut oil and with either bananas sliced and cooked in or sliced almonds and shredded coconut.

Greek yogurt, mixed berries, coconut, sliced almonds and raw oatmeal. Yum.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Never used to like/even eat breakfast until I bought a blender... now I have a smoothie every day, and I love it :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I usually start every morning with 16 oz of cold water. Its supposed to help kick start your metabolism. Then i will go for a cereal bar like the ones nature valley or cliff makes. I have found this combination to be light and keep me going easily until lunch. The bars are fairly high in carbs but if you are going to be active between breakfast and lunch its good to spike the blood sugar a bit.
    If your metabolism needs to be "kickstarted" every morning, you may have some medical issues... A metabolism shouldn't need a kickstart, because it runs constantly 24/7. When a metabolism stops, we call that death.

OP, if you don't like breakfast, don't eat breakfast, save the calories for later in the day. Meal timing and frequency doesn't matter, total calories are what matter. Instead of stressing over what to eat for breakfast, eat a bigger lunch or dinner. Keep it simple.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

What? If calories are equal either way, you can eat that donut right before you go to sleep and "get away with it." :huh:
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i make my own pancakes and waffles on the weekend and freeze them. I add protein to them, use no sugar or butter in them, and use only egg whites. they still taste awesome to me! I have calculated mine to be only about 70-80 calories each the way i do them. also, if you like peanut butter use that instead of butter.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

What? If calories are equal either way, you can eat that donut right before you go to sleep and "get away with it." :huh:

Ya, no a doughnut is not equal to a sugary cereal. there are still SOME vitamins in cereals. and with the doughnut you will be hungrier faster afterwards. take it from me...you have to give up the doughnuts at least not every day.
  • s_rouse11
    s_rouse11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I absolutely want to get food in you, but I don't agree with some posts about pizza, heavy carbs etc. Protein! Should have some protein at every meal to kick start the metabolism and keep you lean. Check out the link I posted below, it has lots of breakfast ideas for muffins, pancakes etc (there are also aggs, oatmeal, can skip over those!), but they're clean. All the recipes on this website are to help you lose fat, gain muscle and not feel bloated. Hope you like them, good luck!

http://www.oxygenmag.com/nutrition/articles.aspx?category=Clean-Recipes&keyword=Breakfast
  • s_rouse11
    Options
    --
  • s_rouse11
    Options
    All calories are equal? Are you kidding me? Have you ever heard of eating clean? The calories of eggs, spinach and a whole wheat wrap will do drastically different things to your body then the calories of a donut. Try a day of "clean" food (chicken breast, lean meats, eggs, fruit, veggies, whole wheat bread. no junk), and you'll see what I mean.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Ya, no a doughnut is not equal to a sugary cereal. there are still SOME vitamins in cereals. and with the doughnut you will be hungrier faster afterwards. take it from me...you have to give up the doughnuts at least not every day.
    [/quote]