An Article That I Find To Be Extremely Relevant..

Before clicking, it is NSFW, due to language and a picture or two.

That out of the way, I present you with one of the absolute best articles I have ever read about diet. It influenced my thinking in that area very heavily when I was first starting, and I figured I should pass it on to all of you to get some thought going.

I see almost all of the issues he attacks brought up on this board on a daily basis. Also, it's a relatively long read. Don't bother asking for Cliff's. The writing is entertaining enough to suck you in.

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/08/dieting-more-mental-than-physical-and.html

Replies

• Although the delivery was a little much for first thing in the morning - loved his message! Set a tangible goal - work hard for it - failure is not an option!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    After he said potatoes are making me fat, I quit reading.
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    It's okay to be unopen/ignorant to a subject. Welcome to the world.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    bump for later!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member

Methinks you didn't understand what he was getting at.

Interesting read. Anyway.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Thanks for that, there are some diamonds in there.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member

Thanks for the update. Let me know when you're under 10% body fat (ok, 18% b/c you're female) and awesome.
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Bump for when I'm not at work.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    bump for later
  • bump for later
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Bump for later
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    bump
  • cfc32flvrs
    cfc32flvrs Posts: 23 Member
    bump for later
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Personally, I thought the article was ridiculous!

"What women really want is a vascular man." - Umm... no - not me! I find the photo paired with that assumption to be 100% unappealing.

"That's because I think 12% bodyfat is horrifyingly fat" - Seriously? Maybe it's horrifyingly fat for people going for a certain aesthetic look, but medically and health-wise 12% isn't anywhere near fat.

Different people have different goals.

ETA... I looked at his photo in his blogger bio. He looks like he might blow an aneurysm! He doesn't look/sound like the kind of person I'd go to for health and fitness advice. :laugh:
  • LotusInTheSky
    LotusInTheSky Posts: 16 Member
    Anyone who needs to use the words '****ing retarded' that many times in a blog about diet - doesn't earn my respect. Hated it.
  • lila1980
    lila1980 Posts: 63 Member
    The article was blocked at work...

So I guess that means that the article is worth reading! :laugh:
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    I noticed I didnt see a pic of him on that thread!?!?! He must have a degree in psychology, lmao.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    If your goal is to be a musclebound testosterone fueled aggressive individual, I'd say definitely read it. Not everyone has the same goals.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Bump. I want to look at this later, when I'm not at work.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Glad I read the comments first. Yeah, if this writer is throwing around "****ing retarded," maturity, intelligence, and awareness are instantly questioned.

Plus, you said NSFW, but I don't hear anyone saying anything about nudity, so girl bai.