Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• MrsInclan
    MrsInclan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time posting on these boards. I just started 30DS today! I'm going to do it every day that I can fit it in and also try to walk 3 times a week and run 2 times a week. I have really been struggling with my weight loss lately and am recommitting today and I hope this will help kickstart things again for me. I'd like to lose 15 more lbs by the end of the year.

I was surprised at how easy day 1 was for me today (with the exception of a screaming crying toddler trying to climb all over me). I think I'm going to add heavier weights for some moves and probably move on to level 2 after a few days.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Monday morning and I got myself to complete Day 6 of Level 1! Now I remember why I quit early on months ago when I did it. I may need to add another workout. I found myself yawning at one point! I didn't feel tired at all when I started this morning. hmmm..

Have you tried to use heavier weights to make it more challenging?
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Monday morning and I got myself to complete Day 6 of Level 1! Now I remember why I quit early on months ago when I did it. I may need to add another workout. I found myself yawning at one point! I didn't feel tired at all when I started this morning. hmmm..

Have you tried to use heavier weights to make it more challenging?
    No, I thought the 5lbs would've been enough since I took the weekend off. But it seems my muscles must've rested enough and are probably ready for some heavier weights! :) I'll try using 7lbs tomorrow, but keeping the 5 close by... just in case. lol
  • Sarnir
    Sarnir Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've started today. Looking forward to the results :) I did this workout a few months back, before going on holidays, and it definitely made a difference. I have been doing it on and off since, but I have decided that I need to another 30 days straight.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed! Woohoo!

The lower part of my stomach is getting flatter! Woohoo! (happy dance).

Shin splints? That sounds familiar :) But it did hurt more in the very beginning (still too lazy to put on shoes).

I'm so motivated you guys... I'm reading all 30ds threads :)
  • LeeKeplar
    LeeKeplar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 last night level 1. The jumping jacks are getting easier for me I think. I still can't do the push ups. I try to do maybe one or two but just cant do anymore. But I am still trying. I think my knee is getting better not as sore as it was. Day 5 tonight!
  • bornfreehooves
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred last night. My form was not good, but I completed the course. There was one time, however, that I needed to take a 3 second break - while doing jumping jacks. I'm pretty sore, but know the soreness will go away. The pushups are almost impossible for me. Look forward to tonight!
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Day 7, Level 1 complete! I challenged myself with 7lbs weights today and I think I may very well be sore tomorrow! My arms were shaky doing the squat and presses like they did at the beginning when I used the 5lbs. No yawning today! LOL However, I did switch back to the 5lbs for the last set of side lunges toward the end. Other than that last set, it was all 7lbers. WOOHOO! For most of the cardio, I do the advanced versions. Push-ups are kinda tough for me too and I do them from my knees. I hope to get the plank version in before I'm done with level 1.

Great job, everyone! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • ellanoise
    ellanoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 completed. I was able to do 2 push ups in the first set (took a bathroom break as jumping jacks are not kind to my bladder TMI) and I did 4 on the second set. Woo-Hoo!!! I was able to keep up with the ab work today too!!! I am doing a modified version of the modified butt kicks as my knee is reallly starting to hurt. But I did it!!
  • minitwist
    Options
    just starting today!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 5 completed! Woohoo!

The lower part of my stomach is getting flatter! Woohoo! (happy dance).

Shin splints? That sounds familiar :) But it did hurt more in the very beginning (still too lazy to put on shoes).

I'm so motivated you guys... I'm reading all 30ds threads :)

Yep apparently it happens when your body isn't used to the exercising you do. And your supposed to take a few days break with it. :\
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I did day 4 last night level 1. The jumping jacks are getting easier for me I think. I still can't do the push ups. I try to do maybe one or two but just cant do anymore. But I am still trying. I think my knee is getting better not as sore as it was. Day 5 tonight!

It's taken me quite awhile, but I've gotten to the point where I can do the "girl" push ups all the way through without having issues. Here soon I'll try to do "real" push-ups :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred last night. My form was not good, but I completed the course. There was one time, however, that I needed to take a 3 second break - while doing jumping jacks. I'm pretty sore, but know the soreness will go away. The pushups are almost impossible for me. Look forward to tonight!

getting your form right is very important. I could barely make it through all the way the first few days the first time I tried it. I would focus on your form though, so you don't hurt yourself :) Keep it up, and yes the soreness will go away
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 7, Level 1 complete! I challenged myself with 7lbs weights today and I think I may very well be sore tomorrow! My arms were shaky doing the squat and presses like they did at the beginning when I used the 5lbs. No yawning today! LOL However, I did switch back to the 5lbs for the last set of side lunges toward the end. Other than that last set, it was all 7lbers. WOOHOO! For most of the cardio, I do the advanced versions. Push-ups are kinda tough for me too and I do them from my knees. I hope to get the plank version in before I'm done with level 1.

Great job, everyone! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:

I'm glad to hear you've challenged yourself!!! :D and no yawning too, that's great.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 completed. I was able to do 2 push ups in the first set (took a bathroom break as jumping jacks are not kind to my bladder TMI) and I did 4 on the second set. Woo-Hoo!!! I was able to keep up with the ab work today too!!! I am doing a modified version of the modified butt kicks as my knee is reallly starting to hurt. But I did it!!

I know what you mean about bathroom break! I make sure I use the bathroom right before I start, it helps!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    just starting today!

Yay! :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I finished level 1 day 6 today. OH and I added 5lb weights in instead of 3lb except for the last few lunges and bicep curls and the side lunge w/lift. Other than that, i used 5lb weights, go me!

Now..off to shower :)
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    Just finished day 7, level 1! I can really tell a difference in my endurance through the workout! My pushups are getting much better as well! :)
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    I finished level 1 day 6 today. OH and I added 5lb weights in instead of 3lb except for the last few lunges and bicep curls and the side lunge w/lift. Other than that, i used 5lb weights, go me!

Now..off to shower :)

Way to go! Every little challenge will make a big difference! :)
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Just finished day 7, level 1! I can really tell a difference in my endurance through the workout! My pushups are getting much better as well! :)

Good job! Keep it up! I still need to work on a regular push up too. Gotta strengthen those arms!!