ladies whats your workout routine? i need ideas!

Options
I need to lose my last 10 lbs and get fit so could you please share what is working for you? i need ideas! thanks !

Replies

• KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have an Xbox Kinect and do Zumba Rush and Dance Central 2. I like the music and dancing. Even tho I don't have a coordinated bone in my body and can't dance. At least I am moving my body. I also have some resistance type bands that I do strength training with to build some muscle to help burn more calories. Hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Walking at least 40 minutes a day at 3-3.5 mph is easy, fun, and sometimes necessary. Good way to have an edge on exercise.
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I run on a treadmill for about 21 minutes.
    Starting at 6kph for 1 minute, 9kph for another minute and then 12kph for the last minute, Repeat three times until I get to 21 minutes. Workouts to be 7 minutes at each speed. Then I set the incline to 10 and speed at 6 and walk without holding on to anything for the remaining 9 minutes. If it is a cardio day I will then do 10 minutes of cycling or elliptical. Followed by 10 minutes of strength training. If it is a strength day I will do 20 minutes of strength. I do this 6 times a week.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days a week. Which include 1 long run, hill or speedwork runs, or a tempo run (and after really long runs, then a recover run.

On the days I don't run I do strength training.

I'm currently in my recovery week, as I prepare for a half marathon 4th november, and then after that I start insanity the asylum.

When that's finished I plan on continuing doing my strength training (p90x or clx) and my running.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 3 days...simple program...you will not be sorry

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

on the off days i do cardio/walk/yoga
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Nike training club app..it's great, Zumba, walking, running, circuit training, insanity.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started the c25k running training program a few weeks ago. That's 3 runs a week. I swim in our apartment complex pool or tread water for an hour. I ride my bike as many places as I can. I also just started doing the Turbo Jam dvds after I picked them up at a yard sale. They are cheesy but the instructor is really enthusiastic and the time just flies.

When I get more endurance and coordination I will try Turbo Fire and the Insanity workouts. They look like they'll burn the calories away :)
  • rhannie8
    rhannie8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I currently use Dance Central 3 on the Xbox 360 (with Kinect). If I look at it as a "workout," I probably won't do it or stick to it...but the dancing is just so FUN that I set a goal for 30 minute and end up going at it for over an hour.

So now that I'm obsessed with the Kinect, I just ordered Kinect Sports: Season Two, Deepak Chopra's Leela, and Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 from eBay. I'M SO EXCITED!!!
  • rachaelfisher1
    Options
    What cranktastic said!
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Walking at least 40 minutes a day at 3-3.5 mph is easy, fun, and sometimes necessary. Good way to have an edge on exercise.
    This is one of my most consistent ways to include cardio in my day.

Just recently added weights and strength training for 20 minutes, 3x a week.
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I race walk in the summer (average close to 30 miles a week at my peak) but in the winter I am (stuck) on the elliptical 5 days week (3 1/2 hrs/week). What I really recommend though is ChaLEAN Extreme.. Last winter I did the weight lifting portion only (3 days/week less than 40 minutes/day) and in the 90 days the program runs, I lost over 9" (most from my waist, belly, hips, and thighs) and felt extremely strong and lean. I didn't lose a single pound (had been at goal weight since April 2011) but the changes to my body was noticeable.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It was just walking and bouldering, but I've just started 30DS and plan to do two days each of Just Dance, cross trainer, and some weights on top of the walking and bouldering in a bid to shift my last 10-13lb by the end of the year.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy all the way baby! (strength training Wendler's 5/3/1 at the mo... ) And I cycle everywhere as my cardio (do not own a car)...
  • cortrad
    cortrad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Zumba, Dance Central and Just Dance on XBox and Wii, and I just ordered some Bollywood dance/workout DVD's on amazon, so basically... dance, dance and more dance!
  • DeniseCole5
    DeniseCole5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    group esercise for me , legs bums and tums followed by body combat:)
  • jujube2310
    jujube2310 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cathe videos - especially newer HiiT and Tabata type for cardio as well as weight training. Tried other videos and always come back to these. I use them 5 - 6 times per week mostly following the rotations on the website.
  • Skyfire23
    Options
    I'm just beginning, so maybe my advice isn't appropriate, but I do a lot of Wii Fit workouts because it rains a lot here, so I don't always want to get outside and walk/run. Plus I'm a gamer, so the fact it's a video game motivates me. I'm hoping to get Dance Dance Revolution and/or the Zumba dance workout games this winter.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have 11lbs to go myself. I REALLY mix up my workouts. It's the only way I won't get bored and it definitely keeps my body guessing.

2 ballet classes per week (1 hr each)
    1 zumba class
    1 or 2 days of running
    2 days of either Ripped in 30 or a P90X strength workout

Usually brings me to 6 days a week.