What do you count as water?

Options

Replies

• mschmalfuss
    mschmalfuss Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Again, Thanks to all for the input. Just reading all the ways everyone looks at various "fluids" was enlightening by itself. I'll admit that it is rare that I drink plain old water. I drink plenty of Powerade Zero and Crystal Light type drink so I am plenty hydrated, just not getting enough plain water. I'll have to find a way to work some in going forward...
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I've heard of dingdongs counting Diet Coke as water before. I don't agree with this. I doubt the amount of water in it is going to counteract with all those chemicals to benefit your body as somehow hydrating it.

well, then I am a ding dong since my Diet Coke is more than 99% water I count it as water.

Yes you are, dingdong.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yes I've seen new studies show that A cup of coffee could actually help with your run... my doctor is not one that believes this and is always on my case to keep coffee or caffeinated drinks to 1 per day (and she is a runner and NOT old).
    6 cups of coffee a day has been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer's, stroke, hypertension, cancer, and Parkinson's disease. I'd avoid a doctor that tells you not to drink it.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I only count actual water and seltzer water, but that's pretty much all I drink.

These two are what I count as my water intake as well.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    if it doesnt come out of a tap then its not water dont cheat yourself, H2o only
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know right! But my question to you is...
    Why are all of your chem eng. professors dead?

'Cause I'm old :)
  • CarSidDar
    Options

The water in my diet coke came out of a tap. The tap may be in Atlanta or Mississauga, but it is tap water.

and tap water is not H2O only. It has fluorides, salts, chloramines, etc.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I only count water, tea/coffee etc are caffine so I dont count them. The only extra one I would count if is I have a (neat) tonic water
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    I would count tonic water as pop as it has 90 calories in a 8 oz can of Canada Dry Tonic Water.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    So if I draw it from my aquifer it isn't water?:huh:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Water is just that H20...tea and other beverages are not counted as water even though they are mostly made from it...so 2 litres of just plain old H20 per day is the minimum...
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Water. Period.
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    So if I draw it from my aquifer it isn't water?:huh:

You probably have to explain what an aquifer is. :wink:

use "well" and the people here will probably understand that better. :tongue:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Anything that contains H20 will hydrate you, with the possible exception of, like, milk of magnesia.

That means fruit, vegetables, most any food really... Diet soda, coffee, tea, those all hydrate you.

Overhydrating is as much of a problem as dehydtration.

Coffee does not hydrate. It is considered a diuretic.
  • CarSidDar
    Options

Coffee does not hydrate. It is considered a diuretic.

Please read the entire post. Coffee does not dehydrate if you are a regular drinker of it. I can provide peer reviewed papers to explain if necessary.

All liquids hydrate.
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I count water and water only. :)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I count just about everything as water. I make my pancakes with water, so I count pancakes. My cake recipe also calls for a cup of water, so I count cake as water. Soup, brownies, hamburger helper, tuna, casseroles.
  • CarSidDar
    Options
    I believe this conversation thread could be a sequel to this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
  • AlineRP
    Options
    Just water.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just lick the sidewalk after it rains and count it as food for all the nutrients I pick up in addition.. :)