An Article That I Find To Be Extremely Relevant..

Options

Replies

• grapeape09
    Options
    bump
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    He's a little scary for sure, but a lot of good stuff in there!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    well now theres a boy who calls it like he sees it lmbo....lots of good points in there for sure but to me being that spare in body fat and bulging veins etc is kind of gross....how the hell you gonna cuddle up to a cement block?? Big beefy guy who is strong physically, mentally and emotionally - knows who he is and compassionate and not stuck on himself .... is much more appealing. Anyways....the points I liked the most were the fact that ...ya most of us really dont try as much as we could be and stand in our own way to achieving what we want and deserve and therefore deserve what we get.....
    thanks for sharing to article!!
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    After he said potatoes are making me fat, I quit reading.

Thanks for the update. Let me know when you're under 10% body fat (ok, 18% b/c you're female) and awesome.

Not everyone has the same goals, and not everyone wants to be 18% body fat
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    rape jokes, misogynistic, throwing the retard word around, the article is just a rude inappropriate rehash of stuff I already know
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I thought some of his message was good, but his delivery sucked.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    He hit the nail right on the head with that article.

The part that spoke most to me was when he was talking about the Dark Period and "People around you are going to start making suggestions about making concessions, about how what you're doing is unnatural and possibly unhealthy, and they're going to reinforce your doubts and that ****ty little voice in the back of your head." It's so true. That's what I keep getting from my family right now and honestly it's frustrating.

Yeah, what he said is extreme and I am sure most of us ladies the whole vein thing doesn't apply to, but he was absolutely right about you are either weak or strong, there is no in between.

Thank you for sharing.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I tried reading it but halfway through I just lost interest
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    A little to hardcore for me. I want to get in shape, but I don't want it to consume my life. There are more important things in life than seeing my veins bc I have 8% body fat. But if that's your thing and makes you happy, then go for it.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Personally, I thought the article was ridiculous!

"What women really want is a vascular man." - Umm... no - not me! I find the photo paired with that assumption to be 100% unappealing.

"That's because I think 12% bodyfat is horrifyingly fat" - Seriously? Maybe it's horrifyingly fat for people going for a certain aesthetic look, but medically and health-wise 12% isn't anywhere near fat.

Different people have different goals.

ETA... I looked at his photo in his blogger bio. He looks like he might blow an aneurysm! He doesn't look/sound like the kind of person I'd go to for health and fitness advice. :laugh:

^^^ This!

I find it hard to respect anything the guy says when he doesnt seem to be able to complete a sentence without using the f-bomb.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    "The Solution"

" First, they have to deprogram themselves from years of ****ty dietary habits and the concomitant emotional attachment to foods. This is a massive problem for most people, as most people associate certain foods with certain feelings."

"...avoids protein and eats nothing but fat and sugar when they're upset, and that generally comes in the form of baked goods, pasta covered in cheese, and potatoes. Frankly, that makes no sense to me, because half the time they'll tell you they're depressed because they feel fat. The answer, then, is pretty simple, but they seem to prefer the emotional gratification of eating that bs than they do the rational solution sitting in front of them."

You might think, if you find yourself doing that, that it's justified biochemically or hormonally, but hear this:

F***. THAT. ****."

Probably the best paragraph ever.
    *cuss words removed in reposting of quote per mfp rules*
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    If your goal is to be a musclebound testosterone fueled aggressive individual, I'd say definitely read it. Not everyone has the same goals.

You're one of those people that think anyone that enjoys lifting weights intensely and thinks they become a musclehead aggressive freak. Keep being ignorant, it makes me work harder to look better than 99% of the world.
  • lisamichelle123
    lisamichelle123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    "Like that pilot, you're just going to have to give it more gas to keep making any progress, and keep going the exact same way you're going to avoid having the hurrican just slam you into the f****** ground. Make no mistake- if you stray from the course that got you to your stall, you will f****** crash and burn. Instead, you just give that f***** more gas to get through the dark period. Like that pilot, you will get out of the storm, and you will be f****** happy with the results when you do."

This was amazing (I starred the naughty words haha). Great article :D
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Personally, I thought the article was ridiculous!

"What women really want is a vascular man." - Umm... no - not me! I find the photo paired with that assumption to be 100% unappealing.

I gave up on the article at this point, that picture made me feel sick...................:sick:
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd just hate to see all of you complaining about vascularity date anyone fit. How disgusting it must be......
    Are you serious?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback. It gives me a pretty good indicator of who on here is capable of rational thought and deduction in the face of something somewhat unpleasant.

First, the picture of the vascular man that everyone is crying about was put in there as a bit of a joke. Very few people possess that kind of vasculature even at very low BF %s, so it's a fairly moot point.

Second, much of that is his opinion and observations on the subject, however his articles are some of the most heavily sourced I have ever seen. The guy reads medical studies on a nearly constant basis. For those who quit reading because of the delivery: oh well, your loss. He has more knowledge about biomechanics and the world of human anatomy than most of the population of this board combined.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A little to hardcore for me. I want to get in shape, but I don't want it to consume my life. There are more important things in life than seeing my veins bc I have 8% body fat. But if that's your thing and makes you happy, then go for it.

ditto

My goal is to drop weight, and be healthier but I have no interest in doing the "body builder" stuff. I have changed how and what I eat and do exercise that I can fit in and sustain. Way back in my 20's I became exercise obsessed and that can be as bad an addiction as any other. The endorphins from exercise can be quite alluring, and as a result I have long term injuries that I suffer with daily. I can't reverse the damage but I can do what's sensible and right for me.

Plus in the end I did find his language offensive and none of the pictures did it for me.

I know there are a lot of body-builder types out there in MFP land so I guess this article is more for you.