Rant on people at the gym

Options

Replies

• nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    If you are next to me on the treadmill, then yes, we are racing ;)
    yes!
    my biggest pet peeve is tying up equipment, work harder rest less and move on to the next exercise. Please dont sit there on your phone skimming through songs or texting

yea i do that, but i don't give a she it, half the people are reading and walking.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Some of you guys would love running next to me on the treadmill. I just set my pace and do my own thing. You can race me .... and WIN. You WILL be on longer than I am. I am there for my own personal rewards, but if I can help motivate you to run faster or longer, you're welcome :)
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think you need to chill out, and worry about yourself rather than other people.

Just my opinion though.

Total agree worry ^^^^^^^ get an Ipod!
  • ecicogna
    ecicogna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yes!
    my biggest pet peeve is tying up equipment, work harder rest less and move on to the next exercise. Please dont sit there on your phone skimming through songs or texting

yea i do that, but i don't give a she it, half the people are reading and walking.

killing my mojo, I just wanna get in and out, not socialize or waste time. I can do that else where
  • nphect
    Options
    yes!

killing my mojo, I just wanna get in and out, not socialize or waste time. I can do that else where

well then people will be perturbed that your not socializing, you nutjob
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Seriously why is everyone so socially awkward at the gym. MUST HATE ON EVERYONE AT THE GYM!

^^ This! I don't understand why people have such a hard time smiling at one another or acknowledging others at the gym. We are all there for the same reason. If you see me doing something and I have bad form or you have advice - give it to me. I'm all ears. I can workout hard and take a second to say hi to someone.

I dont even wear headphones to the gym, my eyes are always up, i wave, i say hi. I shoot the **** between sets. Dont understand why the gym has to be this place of "hard" people saying **** you to the world.

^^I usually wear my earbuds but I always look at everyone I walk by. If I'm resting in between sets I look in the mirror and watch what others are doing.

Weird dude...
  • oMandaBo
    Options

I love you! I don't know but this made me laugh pretty hard, I just imagined you in a 80s workout outfit with the headband and armbands ready to race.

I imagined this as well! But she had a big happy, goofy grin on, and was next to someone who was glaring over at her, looking really angry! lol

Everyone's at the gym for the same goal - to get healthier. Who cares how they go about doing it? Good for them for showing up!
  • nphect
    Options
    Seriously why is everyone so socially awkward at the gym. MUST HATE ON EVERYONE AT THE GYM!

^^ This! I don't understand why people have such a hard time smiling at one another or acknowledging others at the gym. We are all there for the same reason. If you see me doing something and I have bad form or you have advice - give it to me. I'm all ears. I can workout hard and take a second to say hi to someone.

I dont even wear headphones to the gym, my eyes are always up, i wave, i say hi. I shoot the **** between sets. Dont understand why the gym has to be this place of "hard" people saying **** you to the world.

^^I usually wear my earbuds but I always look at everyone I walk by. If I'm resting in between sets I look in the mirror and watch what others are doing.

Weird dude...

and he is wearing those sunglasses too lol
  • Spudleywudley
    Options
    That is why I don't do the gym!!!
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Best. Motivation. Ever.

Or if I see someone running (outside) toward me, I make myself keep up my pace or even speed up to race them to some midpoint I decide on. My mind O_O wat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    all I would say on number 1 is that if you do not look how do I know when your done so I can proceed to use said machine/station? I get if some people are just standing their staring or something weird but if you are working out the same muscle that day..????
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly :drinker: If I'm on a treadmill, I need something to keep me going. And why not? It's not like my quick look sideways is going to bother anyone and if I work out harder, more power to me and if it makes you work out harder/longer, awesome job for you too!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    They should make it mandatory to post one of these signs in every gym in the world:

please-do-not-smile-at-strangers-400x301.jpg
  • FierceFox81
    Options
    hahahhaahaha I always peak at the person next to me and see what they are doing. I'll admit I'm a little noisy. It's the gym lady, we are all there to workout. Maybe you should just push yourself harder, smile at the person and PICK UP YOUR SPEED! :)
  • nphect
    Options
    They should make it mandatory to post one of these signs in every gym in the world:

please-do-not-smile-at-strangers-400x301.jpg

unless your butt looks like a heavily polished cue ball.
  • thohan99
    thohan99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @stevemphotog Perfect.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My only complains are people who don't wipe down the equipment or tie it up talking to their buddies and not working out. The second happens a lot. I use the base gym and a lot of people are only there because it's mandatory. So they will round up their friends and kind of hover around/on the stuff to look like they are working out, but they aren't.

I don't care if people check out what I'm doing. I'm usually busy getting my cardio on (when it's too cruddy outside to run at least). I don't even notice if people are racing me!

Who cares how long someone is there or how "hard" they are working. At least they are there. That's leaps and bounds ahead of a load of other people.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I actually do these things MORE when people get upset. But I'm an *kitten* :)

At least you're honest! :devil:
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    You probably burn a lot of extra calories just being angry. If you don't look at their machines how do you know what speeds or inclines they're using?

^^^^This. This post basically reads: STOP LOOKING AT ME WHILE I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

make them stop looing at me
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read the responses...just LOL'd a lot.

1. No one cares what you're doing.

2. No one cares what you're doing.

3. You're the one who's noticing what everyone ELSE is doing and talking about, and somehow making it about you. Take an MP3 player and do your thing...works wonders.