• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Shake weight all the way.

shake_weight.gif
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Best arm exercise I ever found was carrying the shopping...

carrying+groceries.png

What man hasn't done this? I do it every time I have to unload the car. ;)
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

carrying+groceries.png

i always do this and have since i was little. it was always a goal for me to carry them all on my arms no matter how much the bags dug into me :-)
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    carrying+groceries.png

This cracks me up...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    And I firmly believe that if you can't do a single push-up, then modified push-ups are a great way to start. (I also agree with the guy about *NOT* doing them on your knees.) Personally, I've decided against buying dumbbells because I don't plan to be using the light ones for very long. But pushups are awesome!

I also agree about modified pushups. Do them against a table, chair, desk .. even the wall if that is where you need to start. There is no shame in starting easy. There is only shame in not starting.

Re: dumbbells. They make them where you can add weight plates just like barbells now. Maybe you already knew that but I'm old school (okay, just old) and didn't realize that until recently.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    pullups and chin ups ....when you get good at em move to weighted chins and pulls...or so I say :)
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    The strict answer to your questions would be bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, and chinups. The actual thing you need to do is lose more fat and do a proper full body weight lifting routine. Check this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners
    Yes!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

carrying+groceries.png

What man hasn't done this? I do it every time I have to unload the car. ;)

hell, I DO THIS everytime I go shopping....and before my son was old enough to walk - I would do it WHILE carrying him.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    17084b66_a2656658-39-derailed.jpeg

:happy: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:wink: