Jumping off of LiveStrong's sinking ship!

Options

Replies

• Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    For someone who has just joined MFP, I doubt you have made a very good first impression.

What has your dislike of Lance Armstrong got to do with your presence here anyway?

Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:

Fortunately i get way more out of antagonizing than acceptance

Read some of the posts from before...I already explaned why Lance came up in this thread.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

No, i get your point. You're saying that no matter how bad of a person you are and no matter how self-serving your motivation for doing something nice might be, it doesn’t undo the nice gesture. In way yes, you are right. But I don’t want to eat a piece of cake make by a chef that only wishes to make money or notoriety for himself. I want to eat the cake made by a chef that cooks for the love of cooking and the love of his audience. Do you get what I'm saying now?

And I dont think you have at all grasped the depth of his disgusting behavior. This is a man that HIRED PEOPLE to talk nice about him and get him alligned w/ obama. And why? Do pad his wallet. You are really picking the wrong person to fight for here. Yes he did something things for cancer research and raising money for cancer...whatever...i'll give you that. But to say that his actions have been MOTIVATING? Nothing could be furhter for the truth. There is NOTHING motivating about doing nice things simply to elevate yourself or make yourself money.

Lol, wait... this comment, newly joined status, clear and obvious agenda...

You almost got me, you silly boy.
    [/quote]

I have an agenda? Here i just thought i hated lance armstrong for being a penis...who knew? :P
    [/quote]

Oh, using human anatomy as an insult, too? You're too good.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options

No, i get your point. You're saying that no matter how bad of a person you are and no matter how self-serving your motivation for doing something nice might be, it doesn’t undo the nice gesture. In way yes, you are right. But I don’t want to eat a piece of cake make by a chef that only wishes to make money or notoriety for himself. I want to eat the cake made by a chef that cooks for the love of cooking and the love of his audience. Do you get what I'm saying now?

And I dont think you have at all grasped the depth of his disgusting behavior. This is a man that HIRED PEOPLE to talk nice about him and get him alligned w/ obama. And why? Do pad his wallet. You are really picking the wrong person to fight for here. Yes he did something things for cancer research and raising money for cancer...whatever...i'll give you that. But to say that his actions have been MOTIVATING? Nothing could be furhter for the truth. There is NOTHING motivating about doing nice things simply to elevate yourself or make yourself money.

I have an agenda? Here i just thought i hated lance armstrong for being a penis...who knew? :P
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Too many beers? :drinker:
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cute puppy Sopranogirl :) Are you a musician?

No, Soprano-TV show fan. I actually can't carry a tune to save my life.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I try to separate the man from the cause. While I'm sad (but actually, not very surprised) that Lance was doping, I do think he started a worthwhile organization which does a lot of good. Unless I hear that his organization was complicate in this (which I doubt), I'll continue to support it.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I decided I wasnt going down w/ the LS ship! So far I like this site better. Started off at 225-230. Made it all the way down to 190 and back up to 199. My goal is 175

Started back on my diet this week and decided it was time for a change!

Lance Armstrong stinks! Cheaters never win, or at least they win at first, but then have their titles stripped years later. but close enough

Got any proof that he cheated? Because no one else does.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    I try to separate the man from the cause. While I'm sad (but actually, not very surprised) that Lance was doping, I do think he started a worthwhile organization which does a lot of good. Unless I hear that his organization was complicate in this (which I doubt), I'll continue to support it.

Ok lets do this one more time:

we have already established that the good deed doesnt get undone, however, he DID use livestrong to make him self richer and richer and its a fact his money went to BAD causes such as bribes, doping, etc. THEREFORE livestrong despite the good, was really a front for evil deeds.

what he did was WAAAAAY BEYOND JUST DOPING. Doping is not the point!
  • firstsip
    Options

Not enough.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    Hi there! I decided I wasnt going down w/ the LS ship! So far I like this site better. Started off at 225-230. Made it all the way down to 190 and back up to 199. My goal is 175

Lance Armstrong stinks! Cheaters never win, or at least they win at first, but then have their titles stripped years later. but close enough

Are you seriously kidding me i hope???
  • efhilton
    efhilton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm thinking the guy was running out of funds for his legal defense and finally just said: **** it.

I'm not convinced he really cheated.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options

Not enough.

I cant decide if you pretty and smart or pretty and weird...
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    FROM CAUSE MARKETING ARTICLE
    ---- LiveStrong no longer donates to cancer research efforts and instead has transitioned itself into a role as kind of information conduit for people fighting cancer. LIVESTRONG IS NOW PRIMARILY A CANCER AWARENESS-RAISING CHARITY. The problem is that some of the charity’s supporters still promote Livestrong as a cancer research charity. That, of course, is wrong and supporters should depict Livestrong's mission honestly and forthrightly. LIVESTRONG BEGAN PHASING OUT OF HARD SCIENCE RESEARCH FUNDING IN 2005 because the charity's board didn’t feel like it could make a big enough dent in cancer research. Armstrong survived two bouts with testicular cancer.

Read more: http://causerelatedmarketing.blogspot.com/2012/01/responding-to-outside-magazines-article.html#ixzz2AFnXMfZN
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    Personally, I'm thinking the guy was running out of funds for his legal defense and finally just said: **** it.

I'm not convinced he really cheated.

Ok i'm officially ignoring people that arent sure or dont think he cheated...thats just...man...i cant even...man:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • firstsip
    Options

Not enough.

Why I can't be all of the above?
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options

Not enough.

Why I can't be all of the above?

You can...and you're doing a great job.

You still havent told me what my agenda is!
  • shellyhef1
    Options
    So from here on out, you are ignoring people who have an opinion that differs from yours...?
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    So from here on out, you are ignoring people who have an opinion that differs from yours...?

Yes, and people in really sexy sweaters.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Are you seriously kidding me i hope???

I'm not kidding. I think that he probably did do some doping, as most other cyclists do as well. I also think OJ killed his wife and that Casey Anthony killed her daughter.
  • shellyhef1
    Options
    Easy now! Its one thing to bash Lance. Don't you dare start knocking my sweater!! ***:)
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    Easy now! Its one thing to bash Lance. Don't you dare start knocking my sweater!! ***:)

I'm really glad you found the humor in my comment cuz it was hilarious!

btw, opinions are great! and its my opinion your opinion about lance is wrong and outa wak...

but you do have excellent taste in sweaters

:love: