Any keto/low-carbers looking for friends?!

Options

Replies

• Pramps
    Pramps Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, Jess!

I am new here, too - but not new to low-carb. I did Atkins successfully for six years. Needed major sugery - three times - and that WOE simply did not fly during those recoveries. Now, I'm back on the wagon... or really trying to be. It's been hard reestablishing my LC routines. It's great to find support! I'd love to talk LC! :)
  • Pramps
    Options
    Me too? :D
  • Pramps
    Options
    LOWER carber here! Anyone feel free to add me!

I'll add you! I'm new to this site, but not to LCing! :):flowerforyou:
  • Jess_Me_xoxo
    Options
    Hi, Jess!

I am new here, too - but not new to low-carb. I did Atkins successfully for six years. Needed major sugery - three times - and that WOE simply did not fly during those recoveries. Now, I'm back on the wagon... or really trying to be. It's been hard reestablishing my LC routines. It's great to find support! I'd love to talk LC! :)

Hey There & welcome to MFP :D must warn you...you will become addicted! Hahaa!!!!

Sorry to hear about your surgery, but since you have done Atkins for 6 years (mad props on that one!!), I feel you will get back on track in no time! What is the hardest part about jumping back into LC eating?
  • cathrinboerma
    cathrinboerma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new to site (message board anyway) and am keen as for LC diet.

I have PCOS, IBS and a crazy lifestyle.

I just crave bread and pasta and often together!!

I'm keen to give LC a go - and am keen for adds if anyone is interested! Thanks fo the motivation.

:-) - Keen for the Aussie summer body!!!
  • tyrog11
    tyrog11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    add me if you would like. I lost 100 lbs in 4 mo's with low carb/keto. Absolutely great use of biochem for weight loss.
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am a low carb keto person and I would like to be friends with many who share similar issues and interests.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

I'm keen to give LC a go - and am keen for adds if anyone is interested! Thanks fo the motivation.

You might want to also try going gluten-free, it should help the PCOS, IBS and bread/pasta cravings. Gluten is still hidden in some "low-carb" stuff - tortilla wraps, soy sauce and other sauces, beer, lunch meats, hot dogs, etc.
  • cathrinboerma
    cathrinboerma Posts: 22 Member
    Options

You might want to also try going gluten-free, it should help the PCOS, IBS and bread/pasta cravings. Gluten is still hidden in some "low-carb" stuff - tortilla wraps, soy sauce and other sauces, beer, lunch meats, hot dogs, etc.

Thanks for the great advice shar140, will give it a go - one of my closest friends is Coeliacs so i can get the advise from her about the best tasting foods to try.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice shar140, will give it a go - one of my closest friends is Coeliacs so i can get the advise from her about the best tasting foods to try.

You are welcome. After going low-carb, it's not too difficult to also do gluten-free - I try to eat mostly whole, unprocessed proteins, veggies, nuts, some fruits. That's actually how I discovered I'm gluten intolerant, after having "cheats" and eating high gluten foods - and regretting it later, lol.
  • Pramps
    Options
    Hi, I started low carb in Feb 2011 and as of November 2011 lost 70lbs. Then came the holidays and I fell off the wagon and gained about 25lbs back. Now In am starting over again. Good luck to you all and wish me luck !

I did LC for six years successfully but then needed three major surgeries and gained most of my weight back. I'm LCing again and this time I'm taking insulin and Victoza and trying desperately to get the meds and the diet in synch. I keep having hypo issues. Let's be friends and support each other on our way back! :flowerforyou:
  • Pramps
    Options
    Hey, I'm gonna add the both of ya. I'm doing keto myself. I'm keeping my carbs right around 30-40 per day.

I had to up mine to around 50-60 because I'm on insulin and Victoza and keep seeing my glucose levels plummet. :(
  • alexstosic
    alexstosic Posts: 11 Member
    Options

LOVE his recipes!

The cheese chips are awesome! I use presliced muenster cheese and leave them in the microwave for a few more seconds and they taste soooo similar to the burnt pieces you can find in cheeze-it boxes (my fav :P).

http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/15/playing-with-cheese-parmesan-chips/

awesome!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    /r/keto here too. Lost over 50lbs and have pretty much stabilized. Of course, hitting the pumpkin pie ice cream shakes doesn't really contribute much to weight loss....
  • anodyness
    anodyness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm an /r/keto fan, too!
    I'm about to switch to paleo. The concept is really similar to keto, and I'll still be avoiding grains, sugars, etc. Friend me!
  • truaymica
    truaymica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need Keto friends. I am an r/keto er? reddit, love reddit!!
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    I have been doing keto for a few months and looking to switch to Paleo possibly at the start of the new year. I have found that weight training and H.I.T training has worked best to over come those plateaus and increase weight loss and gain in lean muscle mass when following a Keto regime. 55/40/5 [% Protein/Fats/Carbs] for 3 weeks consistently then switching to 60/30/5 [% Fats/Protein/Carbs] for the next month plus. Some sites recommend a carb up on weekends but until you get a consistent 2+ weeks of very low carbs I would not recommend carb ups.

When starting keto I had my total carbs relatively high above 50 and on weekends I would allow more not more than 100. That wasn't working for me so I have been able to consistently been able to stay under 40. Even the best whey and egg white proteins still register a few carbs per serving. The key is the type of carbs. If you are incorporating fiber and low carb veggies with fiber your total carb level will go up but your net carbs may still be within range. Watch the sugars.
    [Some days are better than others.] I find if you keep your total Caloric output/burn to be relatively high (above 3000 a day including basal metabolic rate) 50-100 carbs is no big deal.

Just incorporated Body Media Fit Link and loving the data I am getting especially with the MFP interface/link!!!

http://bodymedia.extole.com/a/clk/3zg1RB

[Pay no attention to the weight loss signature, as I try not to step on the scale often...]
  • GoldenSpider
    GoldenSpider Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto, too, and loving every second of it. Add me! I share my diary, and try to balance all the fat and protein with lots of veggies. I sometimes share the best recipes for inspiration, too! If you are doing keto, send me a request.
  • squirtgunsablzn
    Options
    any keto'rs feel free to add. been on keto a month down 12 pounds. but could use some help with expanding food ideas.