How do you love your brussel sprouts?

Options
rockabillydarlin
rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
A lot of people I know gush about how great baked brussel sprouts are. I've never even TRIED a brussel sprout, but I felt adventurous tonight in the produce section and picked up a few.

If your a brussel sprouts fan, how do you like them? Share your flavor combos with me, please! :)

Replies

• tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I like them best roasted.
    Wash and peel any nasty leaves away....
    cut in half or quarters (depending on size)...
    Put in bowl with a little Olive Oil, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder.
    Roast in oven until caramelized (approx 400 for 20min).....flip them half way through...

Then mix with anything!

I love them with sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, quinoa, kidney beans, sauteed onions and garlic...
    or with sweet potatoes and kidney beans, feta cheese and sunflower seeds...

YUMMY stuff :)
  • NautiLife
    Options
    I eat them with melted butter but I like them real soft not crisp, and my wife likes them in the trash can.
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you want to be fancy, you can do balsamic, pecans, and/or of course, bacon.

But for super easy, go with what tnqnt wrote: olive oil, salt + pepper, 20 min at 400 degrees oven.

I could eat pounds of them in one sitting.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I eat them with melted butter but I like them real soft not crisp, and my wife likes them in the trash can.

Your wife and I would get a long just fine.... brussel sprouts are NASTY. :P
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    sadly, I don't. I have tried to convince myself that I do, but I don't
  • surfmonkey17
    surfmonkey17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like them simply steamed. I tried roasting them once with the olive oil as above and thought they were too dry. Don't know if there is a trick to cooking them that way, but I didn't like them.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love my brussel sprouts the way most people do...in the trash.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I remove outside leaves, then cut in half. I either cook up with bacon and some chicken broth or just chicken broth.

I don't like sprouts but I have found the sprouts at Wegmans are much nicer and much milder than sprouts I get anywhere else.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I roast mine just like the above recipe, however I wrap them in tin foil and don't flip them. Keeps them moist!
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I steam them and add just a little salt. The rest of my family hates them! LOL I
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like them any way. As long as they are FRESH brussel sprouts. The frozen ones are NASTY!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't!! When I was little I used to try to feed my to the dog, funny thing was the dog didn't like them either.

I had to use my napkin, excuse myself to the restroom and flush them down the toilet.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    there's this person, named Contrarian, who thinks brussel sprouts are the worlds best food.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Thinly shaved then sauteed with some shallots, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, a little white wine and finished with a little butter.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i've always detested them *LOL*
    But since hubby likes them i have tried to find ways to eat them..and only way i can handle them at all is roasted, sprinkled with olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes.

Cannot say i 'like' them but at least i can handle eating them that way.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I love the roasted idea.
    I usually just steam until tender, add a touch of butter, salt, and garlic powder:)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I like them best roasted.
    Wash and peel any nasty leaves away....
    cut in half or quarters (depending on size)...
    Put in bowl with a little Olive Oil, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder.
    Roast in oven until caramelized (approx 400 for 20min).....flip them half way through...

Then mix with anything!

I love them with sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, quinoa, kidney beans, sauteed onions and garlic...
    or with sweet potatoes and kidney beans, feta cheese and sunflower seeds...

YUMMY stuff :)
    Please make all of this for me:)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Your wife and I would get a long just fine.... brussel sprouts are NASTY. :P

Same here!!! I don't even want them in my house! Ick!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I like to douse them with olive oil, celery salt and dill seed then stick in oven....
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love to eat them w grilled steak!! yummy!!