To the 5ft 6.5 incher's

Options

Replies

• manda91003
    Options
    I'm at 144 and I think I would like to get to 135ish..my profile pic is of my torso yesterday..I'm 'chested' as well..but I'm working to hopefully lose some more on my stomach.
  • corimat17
    corimat17 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and hoping to get down to around 150lbs. My nutritionist wants me to be somewhere around 135lbs.
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 ,,, gw 135 curently 143 ... at this point Im alright with what the scale is saying, now to just get rid of the muffin top ... more cardio and more lifting, and Im sure the pounds will come off too ... I will get there! Slow and steady wins.
  • slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I just started my journey. I put 125 as a goal but in all reality it is about toning and inches for me so I may be thrilled and healthy at 135. Only time will tell! Good luck to everyone trying to reach their goals! Rock on ...
  • shtupndoit
    shtupndoit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently 154lbs. My goal is 148. I love my curves but I want to tone up and build muscle. Circuit training and the treadmill on an incline of 15% has been my best friend.
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 145-150, I've gotten to 159 in the past (looked pretty good) but needed to lose a little more and tone up!
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5 started out at 175 with a goal weight of 145. When I got down to 150 I felt great, but I still felt like I still had about 10 or 15 more pounds to lose to be as fit as I wanted. Unfortunately, I let stress get the better of me, and I gained most of the weight back. I am currently at 168. Now I have set my goal weight as 135, but i really can't wait to get back to 150. When got down to around 155 I started to really feel great, and I had so much more energy. I think 150 is a really good goal weight. It is in the healthy range for the height, and once you get there you can decide if you feel like you have more to lose. You don't want to set a goal that is too low and may be unattainable for your individual body type, that would only discourage you.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am that height, though I usually only claim 5"6". LOL

I set my goal at 125. 2 reasons, I remember being 135 and I remember still being rather pudgy. But the second and main reason, I am actually small framed. So I tried to aim in the middle of the range that considers a small frame.

All in all, once I get down to 150, I will re-evaluate anyway. The 125 is just a ballpark goal. Right now, I will be happy to get below the 300's which should be any day now. So I have a VERY LONG way to go.

I am far more concerned about being healthy and dropping things like diabetes (of which I found out today is officially in remission-Whoo hoo). The scale is just one of the many tools of measurement in my mind..
  • michellematteson
    Options
    5'6" here and currently 185. Started at 215. I'm trying to keep my eye on fat percentage more than the number on the scale. I have worked out that I'm at 36.6% now. At 30% I will be at 155 (if I keep my lean body mass where it is) and at 25% I will be at 145. The lowest I remember being was 160 when I was younger, but I have no clue what my fat percentage was at that time.

I have been at the same weight for 6 weeks now, but the fat percentage is going down, so I must be doing something right. I think working out body fat percentage is a better guide of health than anything else.
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6" currently weighing 143lbs down from about 196lbs.

When I started this journey I thought my ideal weight would be around 144lbs but now I have actually reached that weight I feel I do want to go lower, maybe around 130.

I think once you hit 150 you will know yourself wether you are happy there or not. I think it is depending on what type of body frame you have and what sorts of exercise you do on how you balance out.

Good luck on your journey :0)
  • BurntGinger
    BurntGinger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 160ish lol
  • morgaine108
    Options
    I am 5' 6" and years ago when I lost weight the first time I got down to 140 but I think that was a bit thin for me. I have a larger bone structure so I think 150-160 will be fine for me.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5" and I am 49. I was 123lbs all through high school. My hip bones use to stick out. LOL. Well, not in HS anymore so my goal is 150lbs.
  • Mowbray81
    Options
    Another 5'6" here, aiming for 150 as well. 33 lbs away right now but am liking the MFP already! :)
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    5'7", big boned and on the curvier side.

I am aiming for 145. (currently 186)

In college, when I couldn't afford food, I was in the low 130's, but as I said, I couldn't afford food.

Since then, 145ish a few times, and that seems like a good, healthy weight for me, but I'll be very, very happy to get under 159 (the top of the normal weight range for my height).
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I tell people I'm 5'7" but my last doctor seemed to think I was 5'6" so we'll split the difference.

My freshman year in college I LOST 25 pounds, rather than gaining 15 as everyone else talks about. I walked everywhere and ate in the cafeteria. That put me at 150. I felt healthy, but could still be labeled as big. Having tiny roommates probably didn't help that perception though. That's the smallest adult weight I remember having. I decided to set my goal for 145 just to see if I can. I'll reevaluate then.
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm 5'7.5" inches and 145 pounds.

The lowest I have ever been in my adult life was 122.

My goal is anywhere between 120-130
  • Nanaface1
    Options
    I'm 5'6 3/4" hahahaha! When I started MFP I was 238.6 I've lost 16lbs since then (about 2 months). I have never, ever, EVER been under 190 in my teen/adult life. I'm "big boned" if you will and even at 190 I was a size 12 which I didn't mind. I set my goal at 170...I'm sure WHEN I get there I'll re-evaluate and think about whether I want to drop a little more or not but I've never thought thin or slender was fitting for my body type.
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have currently set a goal for myself at 150. The lowest that I have even reached in my adultishood age was 160, then I allowed it to creep up again. I WILL reach 150. For this height (moderate booty/chested/CURVY) what is YOUR goal? Or if you reached your goal, what was it (if you are aroundish said height) Thanks all!

I'm 5'5" or 5'6" (it's been a while since I've checked that) and my goal is also 150. I looked at the "healthy range" but I have the same figure as you probably. Big boobs, big hips and bigger boned as well. I think I'd look weird at anything else. I'm thinking the smallest I've been was around 175 and I wasn't extremely uncomfortable then but I started this at 219 and that's definitely too much. I think the weight range has to depend on your figure. 150 on this kind of figure makes the most sense and I think it looks good too!
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    To be honest, weight is a number and as long as I'm healthy and happy, that number shouldn't dictate what I do/don't do. Every body is different (different shape, age, health concerns, frame, etc.) so one person's 150 may not be the same as another person's 150. Do what you feel is best for you, be individual in all things, including your health.